• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streets of Rage 4 launches this spring | ‘Floyd Iraia and Multiplayer’ trailer

Mista

Banned

Streets of Rage 4 will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam this spring, publisher Dotemu announced.

A newly released trailer introduces final playable character Floyd Iraia, as well as the game’s two-player online and four-player offline multiplayer support.

Here is an overview of the character, via Dotemu:
Meet Floyd Iraia, the last Streets of Rage 4 playable character, who dishes out serious damage with his incredibly strong cybernetic arms. Although Floyd’s movement and health recovery are slower than most, he boasts the longest reach among the playable roster and tremendous power, ensuring any combo he puts an enemy through will be devastating.
Gematsu

Mista

Banned
Streets-of-Rage-4_2020_02-24-20_001.png

Streets-of-Rage-4_2020_02-24-20_002.png

Streets-of-Rage-4_2020_02-24-20_003.png

Streets-of-Rage-4_2020_02-24-20_004.png

Streets-of-Rage-4_2020_02-24-20_005.png

Streets-of-Rage-4_2020_02-24-20_006.png

Saber

Gold Member
So we finally got some kind of date? About time.

This new character sounds alright to me. Hope the game delivers.

Pejo

I still hate the art/character designs, but I'll give it a shot if the gameplay is good. From what I can see in the video, it looks like a pretty decent-sized moveset at least.

RAIDEN1

2 big questions this game will have to answer: How much better will it be to Streets of Rage 3, and how does it compare to the un-official reboot from more than a decade back...which is of the quality that would make Sega proud...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm very weirded out by this game. I don't know what to feel. And I'm not sure about the XXXXwave music they've chosen for the trailer, but then again the original can't be beat soo.... I'm keeping an eye out, might be down for this: the last beat'em'up I played was castle crashers back then (fun game!).

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Just a question of which system to buy this for: The Switch (but crappy controllers) or PC (but no portability). Choices, choices...

Enjay

Banned
Everything that's been made original for this game is absolute shit. The flash animation art style, the new characters, the new redesigns. The only thing that has people interested is the name.

Calling it now: it will get delayed.

Last edited:

Xenon

Both Boy and Girl Names - Baby Name Iraia
What does the name Iraia mean? The meaning of the name “Iraia” is: “God wrestler”. ... The name Iraia is in the following categories: Maori Names, New Zealand Names, Pacific Islander Names, Polynesian Names, Unisex Names.

Interesting. I wish he had super wrestling moves instead of mega man arms. What's with the new characters all needing gadgets

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Ugh. Fat Jax is kind of a let down. I wanted a wrestler in the roster. I wanted Max. The new characters are pretty disappointing.
I don't know why but whenever a fighting game from yesteryear gets a new release, or a beat-em-up, they always come up with some lame-ass Poochie-kind of characters.

Street Fighter has some lame-ass shit characters like El Fuerte and that oiled idiot which I forgot the name. SFV has shit-tier characters like Rashid and Necalli and that tall Choi Bunge clone. MK has the Kombat kids and stupid characters like Geras (a lame supernatural DC Cyborg clone) and Kronika who looks like cross dressing 1996 Billy Corgan.

Now Streets of Rage has the shitty ass girl with a guitar and a Max/Jax hybrid and he also says gotcha. How original. It's Itchy, Scratchy and Poochie all over again.

Klart

Everything that's been made original for this game is absolute shit. The flash animation art style, the new characters, the new redesigns. The only thing that has people interested is the name.

Calling it now: it will get delayed.
Lol no.

Have you even watched their videos?

They are going to nail the gameplay which is of the utmost importance.

The soundtrack is going to be fantastic just like the originals. The bits they let us hear are great already.

Lizardcube did an amazing job on Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, they will do the same here.

And they just narrowed their release date from first half of 2020 to spring 2020 after working on this game for several years.

I can understand the specific new style & characters can not be to everyone's liking, but the artistic level is high.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Another game where my heart and soul is ready. I can't wait! Childhood was litty. These kids today could never! Well, they can, with 4 but still!

Mista

Banned
Remember when people complained about the games approach when it was first announced? Everything changed now.

molasar

Banned
Remember when people complained about the games approach when it was first announced? Everything changed now.

Have those complainers changed their mind? I am still not impressed by its visual style, but who knows perhaps its playability is very good. It has to be checked personally.

Mista

Banned
Have those complainers changed their mind? I am still not impressed by its visual style, but who knows perhaps its playability is very good. It has to be checked personally.
Most that I know yes. I also agree that it has to be checked personally

SegaShack

I am still not happy at all with how the game looks or sounds. Not sure how it plays yet, but it looks like a bad 2008 2.5D revival and not like SoR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom