• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVV| Arcade Edition - The Golden Warrior

Was there a demand for Dan, or is he in because Capcom want to re-use character assets? I think he is a bad choice.
Oro is cool. I'll buy him. Rose and Akira will probably need mods before I consider buying them.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm guessing air combos. Based on all the clips they shown with Akira.

Yeah the video says the battles in Rival Schools have something unique about them they want to incorporate.....interesting.

Eventhubs had some FGC reaction tweets and there was some talk about CA2, kinda would prefer that instead of air combos.

Bardiche

Ready to play as Rose and Akira. I wish Rose had a more interesting movelist though, her moves seem so bland compared to her great design.
Looks like we are getting a stage for Rose, so I'm ready for this to return:

wd1ejdC.gif

Reizo Ryuu

Yeah the video says the battles in Rival Schools have something unique about them they want to incorporate.....interesting.

Eventhubs had some FGC reaction tweets and there was some talk about CA2, kinda would prefer that instead of air combos.
It's prolly just CA2, the unique rival schools stuff is definitely going to be unique to Akira, prolly her VT.

MrMephistoX

Resets "Should/Will a Street Fighter 6 do away with Cammy's gratuitous ass shots?" thread, had a poll asking that very question. The poll got removed after two thirds of the voters answered "no". lol.

Lol I really hate the gaming SJWs with a passion: the rest of the world isn’t as puritanical as we are. It’s just funny to me that the left today is basically no different than Salem in the 1600s...witchcraft then virtue signaling today.

Plus it’s Japan why are you forcing your values on a country that doesn’t really have as many sex hang ups as we do?

Last edited:
Lol I really hate the gaming SJWs with a passion: the rest of the world isn’t as puritanical as we are. It’s just funny to me that the left today is basically no different than Salem in the 1600s...witchcraft then virtue signaling today.

Plus it’s Japan why are you forcing your values on a country that doesn’t really have as many sex hang ups as we do?

Yeah, its really so strange to watch so many people exist in an environment full of so much bullshit. Even when gaf was at its SJW authoritarian height, I wouldnt have gotten banned for saying I like my female characters to have sex appeal. You couldnt get away with that on Reset nowadays.
Long live Cammys bare ass!

Clarissa

Banned
I've lost a lot of respect for James Chen recently because of his Believe Women bullshit and trying to cancel Infiltration even though he's been proven innocent.

And he's now clamouring for Cammy to be covered? What a male feminist he is!! Fuckin loser.

Last edited:
I used to watch James and Davids weekly catch up on youtube and I always thought both of them were pretty good commentators. I just cant stand their politics, so I dont listen to them anymore. James getting emotional and going on about his depression is a bit of a downer too.
I will be very interested to see how they treat Infiltration, once real tournaments return.

petran79

Banned
What is wrong with battle lounge. Every time I enter a lobby with 1 host it is disbanded or am kicked out.
3 line connection too which is decent.
Other times with more players suddenly battle ends before it even starts and all players leave.
Was forced to play with a player from Latin America (I am in South West Europe) with the expected connection results In the end he could not win and left as well.

SF4 was much better in that regard. Or did this new sf5 generation become too impatient and picky.

yurinka

What is the "new battle mechanic"?
A second Critical Art seem likely.

What is wrong with battle lounge. Every time I enter a lobby with 1 host it is disbanded or am kicked out.
3 line connection too which is decent.
Other times with more players suddenly battle ends before it even starts and all players leave.
Was forced to play with a player from Latin America (I am in South West Europe) with the expected connection results In the end he could not win and left as well.

SF4 was much better in that regard. Or did this new sf5 generation become too impatient and picky.
Many people only plays with 5 bars or 4 bars connections, so maybe they kicked you out because of that. Another reason may be that your rank was too different so they wanted someone with a level more similar to them. Another reason (less likely because there are private spots) may be that they were waiting for friends to use your spot.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
A second Critical Art seem likely.

Many people only plays with 5 bars or 4 bars connections, so maybe they kicked you out because of that. Another reason may be that your rank was too different so they wanted someone with a level more similar to them. Another reason (less likely because there are private spots) may be that they were waiting for friends to use your spot.
I am rookie rank, same for them. They also do not set connection limits or private lobbies. For 2 days straight even in lobbies with more free slots, player does not even press the start button, they just stay there not knowing when they begin.
Other time multislot lobby disbands and player leaves.

Even when I set my own lobby, no one arrived for 5 minutes.

One time I entered a lobbie with pc player from same country with full bars, we select characters and 5 seconds after beginning to play picture freezes with sound playing and we are brought back and he quits instead of reaccepting.

Do not know if they freak out because they think pc players will cheat or something. Though I had a PS player rage quit even on casual match mode.

Online lobby experience on SF4 10 years ago did not have this to that extent and was so much better. You did not have to waste time spending 20 minutes to play one match.

No wonder skill level is much lower than sf4. No way for beginners to interact with better players.

yurinka

Do not know if they freak out because they think pc players will cheat or something. Though I had a PS player rage quit even on casual match mode.
Yes, there's people paranoid with crossplay. Some are afraid of cheaters, other ones think crossplay negatively affects the online quality. None of them are true.

Online lobby experience on SF4 10 years ago did not have this to that extent and was so much better. You did not have to waste time spending 20 minutes to play one match.
I've been playing since launch and never spent 20 minutes to play a match. Try playing casual or ranked battles, you'll find people super fast. And if you prefer a lobby room, try to create your own.

Also please make sure you're playing wired instead of using wifi, make sure no other PC/console/phone/tablet is connected to the wifi and make sure you aren't downloading stufff (quit all other apps even including web browsers and make sure windows update isn't downloading stuff) and make sure your antivirus and router it's properly configured regarding ports, dmz, etc. to don't negatively affect the game. This will improve your online gaming experience and will help getting better bars with the other people, so they will kick you less.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
yurinka yurinka
I ensure connection settings are optimized and safe. Have not even intervened in any external game configuration settings (eg disable vsync, framerate, windowed mode etc) except to disable the annoying motion blur.

I guess I stick to casual. I preferred SF4 days because pc fighting game players were much more instead of splitting to killer Instinct, MK, Tekken, soulcalibour, Guilty Gear etc

yurinka

yurinka yurinka
I ensure connection settings are optimized and safe. Have not even intervened in any external game configuration settings (eg disable vsync, framerate, windowed mode etc) except to disable the annoying motion blur.

I guess I stick to casual. I preferred SF4 days because pc fighting game players were much more instead of splitting to killer Instinct, MK, Tekken, soulcalibour, Guilty Gear etc

Well, at least now outside the launch peak that all games have at launch and the peaks related to the biggest game updates/Capcom Cup/EVO now there's the biggest amount of steady Steam players playing the game than we ever saw in a SF game, and now since SFV is crossplay you'll have there a ton of PS4 players there (SFV PS5 sales are ~5-6x times the Steam ones).

image.png

petran79

Banned
Well, at least now outside the launch peak that all games have at launch and the peaks related to the biggest game updates/Capcom Cup/EVO now there's the biggest amount of steady Steam players playing the game than we ever saw in a SF game, and now since SFV is crossplay you'll have there a ton of PS4 players there (SFV PS5 sales are ~5-6x times the Steam ones).

they must be scattered across ranked and casual matches, because in lobbies I rarely see public PC player ones and I am in Europe where PC is more popular as a platform for fighters. Also SFV has much stricter filtering when it comes to rank matching. Eg in SF4 there was a chance to be paired with 3000+ BP players, thus it was riskier for them to lose points. In SFV this is impossible.
I remember in SF4 in lobbies even good Xbox360 players took part since they could tranfer stats with xbox live, though they had to own the pc version too. In SFV there is a greater separation between beginners and good players or players who are not interested in ranked matches and prefer just lobbies.

SSfox

Dan and Rose looks super polished, surprise to see this much level of polish considering they working already in SF6. The new mechanic is what got me most excited, the game will heavily change, can't wait to try and see what result but looks exciting for sure.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Dan and Rose looks super polished, surprise to see this much level of polish considering they working already in SF6. The new mechanic is what got me most excited, the game will heavily change, can't wait to try and see what result but looks exciting for sure.
Exactly! That alone makes me actually wanna dive back in. Which is huge for me because while I've wanted to this entire time, I haven't since launch as I was really disappointed.

Elcid

Banned
It looks so good!!! I'm so sad this is the final season. Eleven is a BONUS character, NOT the mystery 5th character teased last time.

Reizo Ryuu

Vshift looks like an actually good version of the sf4 "focus attack". which was just trash.
Looking forward to it, though I'm a bit worried about my cammy pressure game.
It looks so good!!! I'm so sad this is the final season. Eleven is a BONUS character, NOT the mystery 5th character teased last time.
Looks like Eleven is just "mokujin", he'll just shift into whatever character you own and also randomises the vtrigger.
16_Eleven_Cha_EN-1024x576.png

If they can do this for "free", they can give me decapre too plz Q_Q

UncleMeat

Ya that new mechanic is gonna massively change things up and Rose looks insane. I want to just hibernate until the 22nd.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
Vshift looks like an actually good version of the sf4 "focus attack". which was just trash.
Looking forward to it, though I'm a bit worried about my cammy pressure game.

Looks like Eleven is just "mokujin", he'll just shift into whatever character you own and also randomises the vtrigger.
16_Eleven_Cha_EN-1024x576.png

If they can do this for "free", they can give me decapre too plz Q_Q
Where'd you find that screenshot? I don't think that's the case. He's basically Twelve, and Twelve had a very unique and obnoxious playstyle.

*Keep in mind there are a bunch of "leakers" that show fake shit for this game ALL the time.

Last edited:
  • I don't like Rose's new look (compared to SFIV); a bit too slim and the neutral pose
    • But I can't complain about her new mechanics.
  • Dan looks excellent, disappointed he still looks like a joke character
  • V-shift looks like a good step in the right direction

Last edited:

stn

Where does it say Ryu is getting an Akira crossover costume? Thanks.

EDIT: NVM, I read an old post and didn't realize it was from last year.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I have enjoyed V since the first few betas. Yeah, there were some rough patches but overall the game has been a blast to play. The new V-shit mechanic looks great and I cannot wait to see how it impacts the game. I am far to old to play competitively at this point but I do enjoy watching tourneys. Maybe infiltration will back with his Nash in tow...

Elcid

Banned

I just saw this too:

He's going to have a unique playstyle ontop of the original character for sure, notice what Urien says about him basically being a mirror and needs improvement. Notice they cut off right at the gameplay point.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Rose looks exactly like we would expect. Soul Bubble and air fireballs are a nice addition though. I miss Soul throw but I get why it's gone. I get the feeling her AA is just going to be weaker in general to balance things out.

Denfensive mechanic is welcome although being immune to throws is a bit much. Hopefully there is a way to properly bait and punish them.

Alex buff is whatever. He needs way more than that.

Reizo Ryuu

Where'd you find that screenshot? I don't think that's the case. He's basically Twelve, and Twelve had a very unique and obnoxious playstyle.

*Keep in mind there are a bunch of "leakers" that show fake shit for this game ALL the time.
It's straight from the capcom blog post, with this:
Much like Eleven’s appearance in Urien’s Story, Eleven acts as a mimic of sorts, and will transform itself into any character that you currently own in SFV. In addition, a random V-Skill and V-Trigger will also be selected for you.
The randomly selected character will retain Eleven’s color scheme, while still performing exactly like the character being duplicated! You’ll also notice that the characters sound a bit different as well – another interesting little side effect of Eleven’s mimicry.
Doesn't sound like there's anything unique about him, would be hard to since commands would overlap.

stn

Rose as a potential zoner sounds interesting. Also hoping the V-shit mechanic is properly balanced. Looking forward to the changes!

[Sigma]

The new mechanic certainly changes things. That combined with new combo routes should keep me interested in the game at least for a short while.

Top Bottom