• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVV| Arcade Edition - The Golden Warrior

yurinka

The Champion Edition upgrade is literally just costumes and stages right? I think I'm going to pass on that actually, I wanted the new cover, but not for like $30.
Street Fighter V Champion Edition includes:
-All characters (including Gill and Seth)
-All stages* (including Gill's stage)
-All, over 200 costumes* **
-All colors* ***
-All music tracks (both from the show and the Extra Battle mode)
-Tons of CFN character profile icons and themes

* = Except the ones from Capcom Pro Tour DLCs
** = Except the ones from Fighting Chance mode and the Redbull promotion
*** = Except a couple of colors exclusive from a limited retail Japanese editions sold exclusively on their Japanese eCapcom shop.

If you don't have a SFV game, the SFV Champion Edition as a full game costs $30. If you already have SFV or SFVAE, there is a DLC upgrade kit with all this SFVCE content for $25 bucks.

All existing and future post launch new game modes, new gameplay mechanics, gameplay rebalance, UI changes, etc. are free for everybody, you don't need to buy SFVCE to get them. Capcom Pro Tour DLCs are separated because their revenue goes to fund the SFV Capcom Pro Tour prize pools, so it's a way for players to support pro players and tournamets.

Street Fighter V Champion Edition it's basically a "Definitive Edition". In fact, in the PS4 theme you get for upgrading or preordering the logo says "Definitive Edition" instead of "Champion Edition".

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Street Fighter V Champion Edition includes:
-All characters (including Gill and Seth)
-All stages* (including Gill's stage)
-All, over 200 costumes* **
-All colors* ***
-All music tracks (both from the show and the Extra Battle mode)
-Tons of CFN character profile icons and themes

* = Except the ones from Capcom Pro Tour DLCs
** = Except the ones from Fighting Chance mode and the Redbull promotion
*** = Except a couple of colors exclusive from a limited retail Japanese editions sold exclusively on their Japanese eCapcom shop.

If you don't have a SFV game, the SFV Champion Edition as a full game costs $30. If you already have SFV or SFVAE, there is a DLC upgrade kit with all this SFVCE content for $25 bucks.

All existing and future post launch new game modes, new gameplay mechanics, gameplay rebalance, UI changes, etc. are free for everybody, you don't need to buy SFVCE to get them. Capcom Pro Tour DLCs are separated because their revenue goes to fund the SFV Capcom Pro Tour prize pools, so it's a way for players to support pro players and tournamets.

Street Fighter V Champion Edition it's basically a "Definitive Edition". In fact, in the PS4 theme you get for upgrading or preordering the logo says "Definitive Edition" instead of "Champion Edition".
Still sucks shit isn't all in one disk.

Reizo Ryuu

Nonsense, the codes are only required to know what the account playing is entitled to, AE is a new disc with all AE content already on it; it doesn't install vanilla sf5.

Blond

Banned
Nonsense, the codes are only required to know what the account playing is entitled to, AE is a new disc with all AE content already on it; it doesn't install vanilla sf5.

Dude read what you just said.

The DISC should be all the proof you need to show what "the account playing is entitled to" it does not contain all characters, stages, etc on the disc. If it did the code wouldn't be needed to actually "unlock" the content, without the code all you have is a vanilla disc that pulls content updates.

Reizo Ryuu

Dude read what you just said.

The DISC should be all the proof you need to show what "the account playing is entitled to" it does not contain all characters, stages, etc on the disc. If it did the code wouldn't be needed to actually "unlock" the content, without the code all you have is a vanilla disc that pulls content updates.

Uhh no, even if you aren't connected to the internet AE INSTALLS AE, as in you get all the stuff that was part of the free AE update, including arcade modes and new moves, balance updates, golden UI etc. It's very much not vanilla sf5. Having some weird "all paid content unlocked" edition would require a completely different build of the game that wouldn't be compatible with how sf5 handles updates, because it means the disc has to give the "ok" signal instead of the account/server; opening up a can of all kinds of possible headaches.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh no, even if you aren't connected to the internet AE INSTALLS AE, as in you get all the stuff that was part of the free AE update, including arcade modes and new moves, balance updates, golden UI etc. It's very much not vanilla sf5. Having some weird "all paid content unlocked" edition would require a completely different build of the game that wouldn't be compatible with how sf5 handles updates, because it means the disc has to give the "ok" signal instead of the account/server; opening up a can of all kinds of possible headaches.
You have no idea how DLC works. AE is still the vanilla game character wise and the code unlocks the characters. It is all there in the back of the box.

Reizo Ryuu

Are y'all just a bunch of dense motherfuckers or what? The AE disc installs -everything included in the AE title update-. All the code does is letting your account tell the server "I have access to x" and the server responds with "ok". It's not vanilla sf5, nothing is being downloaded after you input the code, because everyone is always compatible with everyone; all the data is already there regardless of using the code or not otherwise you'd be blocked off from ever matching against "d"lc characters.

Blond

Banned
Are y'all just a bunch of dense motherfuckers or what? The AE disc installs -everything included in the AE title update-. All the code does is letting your account tell the server "I have access to x" and the server responds with "ok". It's not vanilla sf5, nothing is being downloaded after you input the code, because everyone is always compatible with everyone; all the data is already there regardless of using the code or not otherwise you'd be blocked off from ever matching against "d"lc characters.

Bro, re-read this. And re-read it till it FINALLY CLICKS that you're proving what we're telling you is right.

Last edited:
AE didn't come with the same disc as og. I have both of them in front of me.

edit: It did come with a code that reads "Enter this code to redeem your Season 1 & Season 2 Street Fighter V characters and Playstation 4 themes."

Last edited:

yurinka

Still sucks shit isn't all in one disk.
SFV/SFAE/SFVCE disks basically have 'old' versions of the game. Every few months the game has a big free game update that basically redownloads the entire game, and also includes all DLC code. This is needed not only to add new chacters, costumes, stages, fixes or gameplay tweaks, they also use it to add new weekly missions or Extra Battle challenges. So it isn't possible to have all the content inside a disk because this content keeps growing over time and would get outdated in a few months. For that reason, it's very likely that the SFVCE disk may be even the same than the SFV vanilla one (I mean its content, not its illustration), since SFVCE is basically SFV vanilla + the most recent free game update + SFVCE dlc that unlocks mostly everything.

DLC codes, in-store purchases or PSN/Steam DLC purchases just unlocks stuff that is in that disk or downloaded update. The only separate download is the story mode.

Doesn't matter if you bought SFV vanilla or SFVCE, if you bought a certain character, costume or color or not: all players connected have the same game which includes everything, the difference between players playing online is the stuff they have unlocked.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
SFV/SFAE/SFVCE disks basically have 'old' versions of the game. Every few months the game has a big free game update that basically redownloads the entire game, and also includes all DLC code. This is needed not only to add new chacters, costumes, stages, fixes or gameplay tweaks, they also use it to add new weekly missions or Extra Battle challenges. So it isn't possible to have all the content inside a disk because this content keeps growing over time and would get outdated in a few months. For that reason, it's very likely that the SFVCE disk may be even the same than the SFV vanilla one (I mean its content, not its illustration), since SFVCE is basically SFV vanilla + the most recent free game update + SFVCE dlc that unlocks mostly everything.

DLC codes, in-store purchases or PSN/Steam DLC purchases just unlocks stuff that is in that disk or downloaded update. The only separate download is the story mode.
Cool so they are still selling people the vanilla game with a dlc code.

Reizo Ryuu

Bro, re-read this. And re-read it till it FINALLY CLICKS that you're proving what we're telling you is right.
I really dunno how to make it easier for you to understand, because no, you're not right.
Nope it had the OG SF5 disc
No, it did not, it's SF5+AE title update
it does not contain all characters, stages, etc on the disc.
Yes it does, it contained everything that was available at the time.
AE didn't come with the same disc as og. I have both of them in front of me.
Oh, he gets it.
DLC codes, in-store purchases or PSN/Steam DLC purchases just unlocks stuff that is in that disk or downloaded update.
Oh look another one gets it.
Cool so they are still selling people the vanilla game with a dlc code.
No they aren't, it's not vanilla "OG" SF5.

Last edited:
As someone who owns an arcade. No, AE still required you to have an online connection to download the dlc characters. They were not included on disc.

Blond

Banned
I really dunno how to make it easier for you to understand, because no, you're not right.

No, it did not, it's SF5+AE title update

Yes it does, it contained everything that was available at the time.

Oh, he gets it.

Oh look another one gets it.

No they aren't, it's not vanilla "OG" SF5.

All these quotes by multiple users only to be disproved once again

As someone who owns an arcade. No, AE still required you to have an online connection to download the dlc characters. They were not included on disc.

Last edited:

yurinka

I datamine all the game updates of the game. Some of them are just small patches that add some fix or new thing like a new content, but the periodical big game updates include everything (even the characters, costumes or stages that you don't own). They are like a big game update that gets rid of these small patches released since the last big update integrating them in the new big 'clean install'.

And these updates or patches are mandatory for everyone to play online, doesn't matter if they bought SFV, SFVAE or now in the future SFVCE. The download for people who bought SFVAE it isn't to download new characters, it's just a game update that also the SFV vanilla players are will need to download if they want to play online. It includes all chars or stages, doesn't matter if you bought them or not. They are needed because even if you didn't purchase them, they may appear in the single player modes or you may find them online if the other player bought them.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, I guess you're just dumb🤷‍♂️
Did the arcade version come with dlc code you have to enter yes or no?

Could you play with all the characters without said dlc alone?

It is literally the vanilla game with a dlc code.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reizo Ryuu

No you don't have to enter the code, as AE is a free update for everyone. The code doesn't download "the new version" as you so eloquently put it. In fact it doesn't download anything.

Ugh. This is what's inside the box for AE.

KqLWcz7.jpg

Nevermind the dbfz. Too lazy to find the right disc for the pic.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Yes we know there's a code inside, nobody is disputing that; the code simply doesn't download anything, you have AE the second you put the disc in, it's not vanilla sf5.

Reizo Ryuu

I'm not the one who's moving goalposts here, so you wasted your own time. Good job?
The statement was that AE is just "OG" SF5 with a code; it's not, it's AE.

Reizo Ryuu

Ok. So could you play Season 3 update without connecting to the internet? Nevermind the dlc characters.
Yes
even if you aren't connected to the internet AE INSTALLS AE, as in you get all the stuff that was part of the free AE update, including arcade modes and new moves, balance updates, golden UI etc. It's very much not vanilla sf5.

If you put the AE disc in and pick chun li, she'll have VT2 and all balance updates for S3, if you put the vanilla disc in she obv won't.

Last edited:

yurinka

No you don't have to enter the code, as AE is a free update for everyone. The code doesn't download "the new version" as you so eloquently put it. In fact it doesn't download anything.
As I explained before, the game is the same for everyone due to free updates, so no download is needed for the characters because everyone already has them in the games. The SFVAE retail version unlocked the Season 1 & 2 characters via a code, but it's like the season pass codes: these are tiny dlcs that only basically unlock that stuff that is already in the game.

f you put the AE disc in and pick chun li, she'll have VT2 and all balance updates for S3, if you put the vanilla disc in she obv won't.
This may be what you get just putting the game in the console and don't connect it to internet.

But as soon as you connect to internet using SFV or SFVAE (both digital or retail), today gets updated to the current update: season 5 balance update and Chun-Li gets not only VT2, but also VSkill 2 because these gameplay updates and new game modes added are updated for free for everybody to make sure all SFV players from PC and PS4 play the same game (but they may have different characters, stages, costumes or colors bought or unlocked).

Back in the day when SFVAE was released the game the current gameplay update of that moment was Season 3, so both if you had a SFV disk or a SFVAE disk as soon as you connected to internet both were automatically upgraded to the Season 3 gameplay update where Chun got the VT2.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
This $30 deal for everything is pretty good if you've never played the game.
I am tempted a bit myself to upgrade, though I don't know that I have the time to invest into it and get gud. The amount of time and effort you need to put into a fighting game to become proficient you could actually put into learning to play guitar or something. Fighting games look fun and accessible on the surface but once you're "in it" you realize how many hours you have to dump into it to be competitive.
Still though, I've been itching to get into a fighting game again, MK/Injustice is kinda boring, the japanese anime ones (GG or DBZ) don't do it for me, Soul Cal 6 wasn't bad (wasn't all that great either). Samurai Showdown looks interesting and getting back into SFV is tempting as the fighting engine is incredible.
Any words of encouragement?

Hotspurr

Banned
I dusted off my fight stick and tried to get back into it.
4 years later everything outside the combat feels clunky and badly made (menus, navigation, etc)
Tried to look for some lobbies to join, and you still can't spectate
Finding someone at a similar level with a decent connection was painful
I can already tell this will take immense effort and time to get back into...
Still the best combat system around, but you need to spend the time and effort to get the enjoyment out of it.

Nymphae

Banned
Does this stick works especially well with this game or is it just artwork?

I think the Madcatz TE sticks were very well received, I still see them being used a lot. Looks like that one doesn't have the ability to open the top for easy modding like the original TE stick, but the site says modding is still possible. I think those things come with a JLF and Sanwa buttons anyway so you shold be good until those need replacing, unless you want to mod right away.

But yeah there is no SFV specific functionality with this or anything, just a solid stick and some SF art.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I have the OG TE that was made for SF4.
Great stick still works.

I still use it for the switch pc MiSTer and ps3/4.

Need to make it work on xbox .

yurinka

I think the Madcatz TE sticks were very well received, I still see them being used a lot. Looks like that one doesn't have the ability to open the top for easy modding like the original TE stick, but the site says modding is still possible. I think those things come with a JLF and Sanwa buttons anyway so you shold be good until those need replacing, unless you want to mod right away.

But yeah there is no SFV specific functionality with this or anything, just a solid stick and some SF art.
If you want a good arcade stick, you have to mod it to use a Brook UFB (Universal Fighting Board), because it will give you the best input lag in the market and will make it compatible with all current and previous gen consoles.

Madcatz TE were good in PS3, but PS3 controllers have extra lag in PS4 and aren't compatible with all PS4. And well, they don't work in your secondary console like a Switch.

I use a Madcatz TE with Brook UFB, brand new Sanwa buttons and stick. The stick is modded with a bat top, stronger spring and actuator because I grew up with the western arcade sticks in the arcades. It's an awesome experience.

Tried to look for some lobbies to join, and you still can't spectate
Finding someone at a similar level with a decent connection was painful
Well...
In the battle lounge the spectator mode is activated automatically while other people of your lounge is playing.
You can also filter the battle lounges by league to prioritize the ones more similar to your league, so your same level.
The ranked matches are obviously ELO based so the matchmaking matches you with people with similar level, people within the same range of points than you.
There is a filter for connection (select only 5 bars) and another to allow being matched with people from both platforms or from only your platform (until Capcom releases their netcode patch select your platform only specially if you play on PS4, and if you are in PC use one of these fan made netcode patches).

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

For those unsure here is a list of everything included for Champion Edition... (holy crap look at the Chun costumes :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: )

yurinka

For those unsure here is a list of everything included for Champion Edition... (holy crap look at the Chun costumes :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: )

They forgot to include in the list some DLC stuff also included that Champion Edition: all the DLC music tracks, all the Extra Battle mode music tracks and tons of CFN player profile themes and icons.

TacosNSalsa

They forgot to include in the list some DLC stuff also included that Champion Edition: all the DLC music tracks, all the Extra Battle mode music tracks and tons of CFN player profile themes and icons.
You get all that too? I was going to skip this honestly but probably going to get it on PC since I don't even have the game there yet..

Didn't know where else to put this ..it made me snort laugh while drinking coffee .ouch
u1bGb6F.jpg

Hotspurr

Banned
You get all that too? I was going to skip this honestly but probably going to get it on PC since I don't even have the game there yet..

Didn't know where else to put this ..it made me snort laugh while drinking coffee .ouch
u1bGb6F.jpg

Saw that on the subreddit, pretty funny stuff.
Is the online just crap if you are playing ranked? I am getting back into it slowly and find battle lounges can be quite lag free.

About 4 years ago I played Cammy, and am finding her to be a bit dull now. Any recommendations for new beginner friendly characters that are fun? I am also considering not trying to get overly good and just get to silver level of play with more of the cast.

TacosNSalsa

Saw that on the subreddit, pretty funny stuff.
Is the online just crap if you are playing ranked? I am getting back into it slowly and find battle lounges can be quite lag free.

About 4 years ago I played Cammy, and am finding her to be a bit dull now. Any recommendations for new beginner friendly characters that are fun? I am also considering not trying to get overly good and just get to silver level of play with more of the cast.
I don't think it matters between ranked and battle lounge . The biggest problem is that lag/roll back can be completely one sided . The rollback netcode is SUPPOSED to distribute the lag evenly or something to that effect , so that neither side has an advantage but it doesn't work that way at all..one player gets it all and their game is all messed up,

Beginner characters are like the shotos , Ryu Ken (NOT AKUMA) and to a lesser extent Sagat but he's a bit tougher to use. Rashid gets a away with murder if you want to try someone a bit odd . Bison is good and fun to use and not overly complicated. Necalli is also very straight forward and has a little bit of this and that mixed in . I'm sure I'm missing some others though..

Top Bottom