• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVV| Arcade Edition - The Golden Warrior

It's ok to be wrong Nymphae Nymphae

Just stick to drooling over costumes if you do not want to be challenged on spreading misinformation.
What are you talking about exactly? It's a genuine question, because I literally have no idea or a point of reference. What was the misinformation and was it actually said as misinformation?

Edit: Do we have a Gaf battle lounge group?

Last edited:
What are you talking about exactly? It's a genuine question, because I literally have no idea or a point of reference. What was the misinformation and was it actually said as misinformation?

Ryu vskill 2 being plus on block and making vskill 1 obsolete. The new version is out and vskill 2 is minus on block. Just clarifying information.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Just stick to drooling over costumes if you do not want to be challenged on spreading misinformation.

I wasn't spreading misinformation, I explained the idea behind the Vskill to the best of my ability, that it "will hit them whether or not they throw out at attack, it's an offensive parry whereas you are wide open if you made a bad read with VS1." This is accurate.

I specifically say I'm not sure how it's all going to work yet, just laying out the basic idea of straight up parry vs a parry into forward moving attack. I speculated, again, as others like UltraDavid did on his podcast, that it could potentially be plus on block. I did not claim it would be. Nobody is spreading misinformation, you just have a superiority complex.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Un-fucking-believable. A lone hobbyist fixed in two days what Capcom failed to fix in almost FOUR YEARS!!!

I reeeeaaalllly gotta let that one sink in. Just completely embarrassing for Capcom. Kudos to the dude who did this for the PC version tho!
This part killed me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"Fix your shit Capclown
This took a bit over 2 days to make, while Capcom hasn't patched the bug for 4 years. Most of that was reverse engineering. It would take more like 30 minutes with the source code. MikeZ even made a tweet pinpointing the cause of the bug during the beta."

Last edited:
I wasn't spreading misinformation, I explained the idea behind the Vskill to the best of my ability, that it "will hit them whether or not they throw out at attack, it's an offensive parry whereas you are wide open if you made a bad read with VS1." This is accurate.

Lol. What a late response. And, no you were not accurate. If they choose to block you are wide open to get punished. How hard is that to understand. Vskill 2 is a way bigger risk then vskill 1.

Nymphae

Banned
Lol. What a late response. And, no you were not accurate.

I missed the alert, who gives a shit lol. Yes, the description I gave was accurate:

This will hit them whether or not they throw out an attack, it's an offensive parry whereas you are wide open if you made a bad read with VS1.

This was before we knew frame data, and as I have stated twice, UltraDavid had speculated on his show before the skills were released that it could potentially be plus on block. It's not, but there were higher level players than I speculating it could have been before the frame data was known. No one was claiming it was definitely going to be plus.

So, as long as you're in range, it will indeed connect with them whether or not they throw out an attack, vs. VS1 which would simply be a whiff animation if you had a bad read.

If they choose to block you are wide open to get punished. How hard is that to understand. Vskill 2 is a way bigger risk then vskill 1.

It's not and I never said it was lol, now that the frame data is available we know that it is an unsafe move.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It's nice that the author of the patch is going to make an update to it so that it disables itself if you're playing someone on PS4, but due to the nature of the patch, you wouldn't be able to disable the one already out in the wild.

If someone wanted to be a dick on purpose and still screw up PS4 players' games, they still could if they just kept using the old version.

Ultra David is a fucking scrub. Anyone with any knowledge of fighting games could tell you it was gonna be minus. If you actually played fighting games, you'd know this.

Nymphae

Banned

Ultra David is a fucking scrub. Anyone with any knowledge of fighting games could tell you it was gonna be minus. If you actually played fighting games, you'd know this.

You're the only one hung up on me being wrong about it lol. We're all very proud of you though.

Nymphae

Banned
Lol. Dude you're the one bringing up an old ass argument.

I was responding to the last post you wrote to me, I just missed it, the thread doesn't see a ton of action and I'm just responding today.

I'm just responding to you.

Yes, you were responding to the post where I told you to stop @'ing me with your condescension and that you are an annoying poster, with snark and petty insults. I have no idea who you are man and very little interest in talking to you, but I'm flattered I seem to have taken your interest.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This part killed me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"Fix your shit Capclown
This took a bit over 2 days to make, while Capcom hasn't patched the bug for 4 years. Most of that was reverse engineering. It would take more like 30 minutes with the source code. MikeZ even made a tweet pinpointing the cause of the bug during the beta."
Mike Z having all the free time in the world after his games flopped I see.

kingbean

Do we have a fighting games discord?

I'd love to play some fight games with some folks that aren't just complete randos.

Dante83

Banned
So is capcom now going to do the right thing and step up to improve their net code, or are they going to block it by a patch, bringing everything back to square 1? If they block it, it's a bad look for them IMO.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm reading the book Undisputed Street Fighter right now, pretty good read on the history of the franchise. Mick McGinty's Chun Li was horrifying:

QTEXctU.png

kunonabi

So is capcom now going to do the right thing and step up to improve their net code, or are they going to block it by a patch, bringing everything back to square 1? If they block it, it's a bad look for them IMO.

Blocking the patch seems more likely to me knowing Capcom.

Kenji Ramon

So the patch only updated the game with the 2nd Tourney beta and fixed some glitches/mistakes here and there. Nothing was touched in terms of netcode.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Well if they add new characters they'd have to go back and add more to Beth for each one, but I guess it's not that much of a stretch.

Nah skeletal systems have pretty uniform properties, so as long as the bones have the same names, you can very easily use the same animation on any character. Some very weird skeletons might require the animation to run through something like motionbuilder first again, but that would be the extent of extra work required.

So I started messing around a bit with CE. It's really crazy how lazy Capcom is with the trials. Trying to learn the new characters basically means you have to go to youtube to learn simple bnbs and commands. How hard would it have been to give everyone new trials instead of just 2 hard trials for each. After playing/learning Unist this is just so pathetic on Capcom's part.

The online is still very bad. Very, very, bad.

Wonko_C

The fan patches have ruined SFV for me. Before them most of my matches were smooth, now it's rare I get a good match, it's all stuttery (when that occurs even the stage background textures look like they constantly change LODs), when it happens it's against PC players (I'm on PC too).

So I decided to fight fire against fire, installed the 1st patch and still broken. 2nd patch and still broken.

Capcom's gotta address this soon and I hope it doesn't involve banning everyone who installed the mod.

yurinka

Capcom's gotta address this soon and I hope it doesn't involve banning everyone who installed the mod.
Yoshinori Ono, the buy in charge of the fighting games at Capcom, mentioned they are aware of the issue and are working hard on it.

Since they release Seth and SFV Champion Edition in a couple of weeks, and at the same time they are doing a beta of the Tournament Mode and finishing it, and the SFV Tokyo 2020 tournament starts in a couple of months, I assume they must be busy now, so they may need some time and may be a good idea to release at least some of these things before starting to change something as sensitive as the netcode.

In addition to this, seems that the netcode was outsourced so I assume that they have been contacted them and may need to do some paperwork, and that other company may also be busy with something else.

We also should consider that when releasing something oficially on consoles they also need to test it properly to make sure that it's properly fixed and that when fixing something they don't break something else, and then to submit it to Sony and they need to test it again to certificate everything is fine.

I think it may need some patience but I'm sure they'll address it, in the same way they also solved many other issues that the game had in the past.

So the patch only updated the game with the 2nd Tourney beta and fixed some glitches/mistakes here and there. Nothing was touched in terms of netcode.
I datamined the PC client and they only changed a text there. I assume that in the server side they unlocked the 2nd tournament beta. That day some Fighting Chance costumes that expired were replaced. Yep, as you say they didn't change anything related to the netcode.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
The Champion Edition upgrade is literally just costumes and stages right? I think I'm going to pass on that actually, I wanted the new cover, but not for like $30.

This game runs like absolute shit on my PC now. I used to have that quality setting at 90 and only get occasional slowdown. Now I've dropped it to the minimum of 50, and the game is still choppy in some parts.
I dont really play online anymore, so Im not sure about the state of the current netcode. Im interested in the new netcode mod, but Im a bit scared to install it.

Top Bottom