• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVV| Arcade Edition - The Golden Warrior

Reizo Ryuu

8fEQ7j8.gif

vOazUEK.png

----
E0zxu6i.png

iJMXR7r.png

ARCADE EDITION!:
GlisteningSpiffyFawn-size_restricted.gif

Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PlayStation 4 and PC cross-platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base. The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only one that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title.

• Arcade Mode – Choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games
  • Bco3TFE.jpg
    l551rUp.jpg

• Gallery – Unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through Arcade Mode
  • Extra Battle – Complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes and Fight Money throughout 2018
  • fcDubRR.jpg
    IL0gPnW.jpg

• Team Battle – Battle it out in teams composed of 2-5 members!
  • 2YsdwhQ.jpg
    wTVMtBm.jpg

• New V-Triggers – Each character will have two V-Triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system
  • ps70JHf.jpg

• New Visuals – The user interface is being redesigned with new color schemes, revised menus, and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects
  • AiyA6Se.jpg
  • Training mode enhancements – Frame data and frame state colours!
Aside from the above, since its release on the 16th of february 2016, the game has been updated with a number things:
  • Direct Input controller support
  • Background Music Select
  • Updated Rage Quit System > Anytime a player disconnects during a match, their League Points will be deducted as if it was a loss; good/bad behaviour icons
  • VS. CPU
  • 13 extra playable characters
  • A free cinematic story mode
  • Free Chun-Li and Ryu Story costumes
  • Survival no longer quits on disconnect
  • Favourite character selection remembers costume and colour > This means you can now switch between multiple characters without setting their costume/colour each time
  • Online stats tracker on the CFN website, sign up here.
  • Challenge mode:
    • Demonstrations
    • Combo Trials
    • Combo Trials S2
    • Daily (weekly) Targets for 100-5000 FM
  • Stage transitions for all default stages
  • Updated stage interactables/NPCs on DLC stages
  • Improved matchmaking for matching with similar skill
  • Online rematch, 2 out of 3
  • 8 Player lobbies
  • 8f is now 6.5f
Also capcom has been adding cool little profiles on the CFN website, you can find them all in this handy list

Qlg775X.png

ZFXNMZZ.png

JNrGsxx.png

E2ozvwo.png

flusvX7.png

6xDvMw5.png

wyTS9Jm.png

H9khz1O.png

mRLZCOx.png

PHenoaP.png

yTamD6l.png

This is the V-Gauge; it's found in the bottom corner of your characters' side of the screen. V-Gauges can contain either two or three bars, depending on the characters. Your V-Gauge fills up mostly by taking damage, and bars are required to use a V-Reversal move (one bar) or V-Trigger (all bars). V-Skill does not require any bars.
9MmKydK.png
LiLqN0z.gif

V-Skills are unique to each character and can be used at any time, fills the V-Gauge on "succesful" use. Activated by pressing mp + mk at the same time.
EAo0kYj.png
tzg06Uz.gif

When one or more of your V-Gauge bars is filled, you can use a V-Reversal. V-Reversals are counter attacks to break out of your opponent's pressure, and costs 1 bar of your V-Gauge. Activated during guard by pressing forward + lp+mp+hp or lk+mk+hk at the same time.
RnQGNrP.png
nNZSi4I.gif

When your V-Gauge is completely full, you can use your V-Trigger. V-Triggers are character specific; some drain the V-Gauge slowly, while others deplete it as soon as the move is used. Activated by pressing hp + hk at the same time.

9Y9Qkcv.png

A TOTAL OF 29 CHARACTERS ARE CURRENTLY PLAYABLE
Gj6Y8Lh.jpg

M55ggAO.jpg

7OVgZyk.jpg

More details on CFN website

lya9Ccb.png

There's 2 types of "dlc" in SFV
Unlockable content (FM and real money) and Premium content (real money only)
Unlockable content

• Characters - 100k FM / $5.99 / €5.99
  • Story Costumes - 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
  • Colours
    • Colours 11-15 - These range between 2k-20k FM
    • All 16 Original Character Default Color Pack (3-10) - 85k FM / $4.99 / €4.99
    • All 16 Original Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 85k FM / $4.99 / €4.99
    • All 6 DLC Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
    • Season pass grants all the below colours as well
    • All 6 DLC Character Default Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
  • Stages
    • Alt stages - 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.29
    • New stages - 70k FM / $3.99 / €3.99
  • Titles - 5k FM
  • Profile designs - 5k FM

Premium content
Premium costumes come with all the colours
  • Costumes - $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29
  • All premium costumes starting with the swimsuits have an alternate version that can be accessed by holding:
  • lp + mp + hp + lk + up, during loading, this can also be done during rounds.

What content is a part of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC?
When you purchase any of the content below you will be supporting the Capcom Pro Tour and boosting the Capcom Cup prize pool. These items can be found within the in-game store in Street Fighter V.
The previous packs have not returned since removal.
  • Capcom Pro Tour Costumes - $5.99 / €5.99
  • Capcom Pro Tour Stage - $9.99 / €9.99
  • Capcom Pro Tour Bundle (PS4 only, includes extra colours and titles) - $24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99

t6e6Suz.png

*3200x1800

tlMq0zi.png

Q: What is "SFV AE"?
A: SFV AE is the Season 3 update for SFV, if you already own SFV, the update itself is completely free.
Q: Do I get anything special if I purchase AE instead of upgrading for free?
A: Yes, you get a code with to unlock characters from Seasons 1, and Season 2 (basically it's a rebrand of the current Deluxe Edition of SFV with free updates).
Q: What about Capcom's promise not to re-release this game as a new version?
A: Capcom never made that promise, ever. People misunderstood the "actual" promise they made which was "One disk to rule them all" which means you only need 1 copy of the game to stay up to date, and in the same player pool, no more fracturing the playerbase between versions.
Q: So Future rosters?
A: The full season 3 roster can be seen below. The following characters have shown up in the story and could possibly show up in future seasons, like Sakura:
Q: What percentage of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC revenue is going to the Capcom Cup 2017 prize pool?
A: A minimum of 30% of the revenue will go to the Capcom Cup 2017 prize pool, and an additional 50% of the revenue is invested into Capcom Pro Tour production. That means that Capcom contributes more than 80% of all CPT DLC revenue directly to support Capcom Pro Tour initiatives.
Q: Where can I go to find all that juicy frame data?
A: FATonline is a good place to start.
Q: How can I get Fight Money?
A: A lot of changes are happening to the FM system. The standard single player modes won't spit out one time bonuses anymore. Instead, we get a weekly challenge against a shadowloo henchmen, and now extra battle mode will be the sources of bigger FM earnings.
Read more about it here
Q: Why can't I chip people out?
A: Chip damage can only KO an opponent if it is chip damage from a Critical Art.
Q: What is the priority system?
A: Supers > Specials = Heavy > Medium > Light.
Q: Can you crouch-tech throws?
A: No, to tech a throw you must be standing up
Q: Wait, so how does crossplay work?
A: The game has its own matchmaking system called "Capcom Fighters Network" or CFN for short, this allows people to match even if they are on Steam or PSN
Q: Why is online so laggy?!
A: Please don't play online if you are on Wi-Fi, likewise you might be getting matched with Wi-Fi connections; this is by far the biggest culprit for laggy games. Also there are a bunch of ports required for proper communictation:
TCP: 80, 443, 20002, 30840, 30850, 30870
UDP: 30840-30859, 30870-30879
Q: Help! My game crashed during updating and now just keeps crashing.
A: Try what user Demoli posted
Q: I saw an almost naked Urien, how?!
A: Hold "jab(lp)+ forward(mk)+ fierce(hp)" during loading up until you see the new animation

EvF0Z5k.gif

Last edited:

KiteGr

Still... The retail edition is the exact old edition with a new box and vouchers thrown in...
And this game still looks like a freemium, but this time with a better starter pack.

Still... The retail edition is the exact old edition with a new box and vouchers thrown in...
And this game still looks like a freemium, but this time with a better starter pack.
The retail AE edition has some of the new stuff but not all of it. You still need to download the patch.

pesaddict

Banned
Just tried to download it nothing happened once i hit download could be just a place holder till official release date ??

Dont have to have an itailian account do i lol im in the uk if that matters ?

Last edited:

Smax

Just tried to download it nothing happened once i hit download could be just a place holder till official release date ??
I "purchased" it for free and went into the game and the costumes were available and marked as purchased. Maybe because I already own the first two seasons?
I also did a couple more normal survival runs for 20.000FM before maintenance kicked me out just now...

I'm looking forward to downloading the PS4 patch when I get home from work tonight and then being able to play the game at some point tomorrow when it's finished installing!

MrCarter

Do you even know what you are taking about? How is it “fremium”? They give you an option to buy characters or earn enough FM to buy characters or stages for free. That’s it. No other FG does this at the moment.

Enjoying arcade mode a lot so far actually, the bosses are great, won’t spoil em but they’re leaking on the SF subreddit.

thelastword

Banned
Wow, this OP looks really slick....I have the steam version downloaded and ready to go, The PS4 PRO version is downloading as we speak. I hope this got a pro patch....

Do you even know what you are taking about? How is it “fremium”? They give you an option to buy characters or earn enough FM to buy characters or stages for free. That’s it. No other FG does this at the moment.
For Honor does (though stages there are free), and it's more generous with its Fight Money equivalent, but it's definitely unusual in fighting games.

The problem with SF5 is that it feels like there's just so many things it's asking you to buy with Fight Money. Maybe it will be better with this new edition (there seems to be more unique content you can unlock through weekly challenges and the like), but as somebody who has bought both season passes for SF5 and cheated my way through most of the dumb extra modes like survival it still feels like there's a ton of locked content I can't afford.

Also they sell an absurd amount of cosmetics at this point, and for real money only, so it feels a little egregious to lock actual important gameplay stuff behind a wall.

But it's true that "freemium" is a misleading term for SF5, because in that case they'd actually be giving the game away for free.

KiteGr

I did paid the 70 euros to buy the original release.
Like most freemium, it gives you a very easy sum of currency at the beginning (that crappy 2-3 battle story mode for each character) to entice you and make you think it's easy and after that it gives you drops of it. If you are good at fighting games and street fighter and play often (which conveniently the most likely reviewers are) then they can win online battles regularly to unlock a new character every few days. If you are however a casual who mostly play with/against friends and get destroyed online, then you are screwed, as you can barely win 1000 FM in four hours.
It has it all! Fake currency, ridiculous grind as an alternative to paying, daylly log-in rewards, power to stay competitive locked behind paywalls... It's a freemium alright! The only difference is that I actually paid for it! This is just a better starter pack so new players won't get overwhelmed on how much behind they are compared to the veterans, regulars and whales.

OmegaDenmad

Neo Member
I found Akuma really weak to Dictator's Stomp. Since from full screen the AI just throws fireballs you can keep doing them.
Once about 5 or so tries he does SRK or B + HP though, but I beat him twice in a row so it definitely works.

Ostrava04

yea took me 4 tries to beat Shin Akuma with Mika. Like others have said just stay far enough that he'll throw fireball and jump attack in BnB, retreat, and repeat.

Anybody know how to unlock the Viewiful Joe costumes? Is it just play and hope rng is good or do I have to play with different characters to get all 4 pieces?

Last edited:

kaydigi

Edit never mind no exp in arcade, I received the exp from demonstration mode.

Anyone have this problem you can only finish arcade mode with a character once to get experience points. When you take that character to a different game in arcade you only unlock the ending portrait and that’s it.

With guile, I finished sf2 and sf4 and only received exp for sf2. Its little things like this I don’t like about SFV.

Survival mode order is still the same also..

Last edited:

kaydigi

yea took me 4 tries to beat Shin Akuma with Mika. Like others have said just stay far enough that he'll throw fireball and jump attack in BnB, retreat, and repeat.

Anybody know how to unlock the Viewiful Joe costumes? Is it just play and hope rng is good or do I have to play with different characters to get all 4 pieces?

You unlock 1 piece a week.

Unknown?

Wow, this OP looks really slick....I have the steam version downloaded and ready to go, The PS4 PRO version is downloading as we speak. I hope this got a pro patch....
I saw on PSN one of the added things to the game was new visuals but it doesn’t say anything about Pro. I hope it has support for it.

Anyone have this problem you can only finish arcade mode with a character once to get experience points. When you take that character to a different game in arcade you only unlock the ending portrait and that’s it.

With guile, I finished sf2 and sf4 and only received exp for sf2. Its little things like this I don’t like about SFV.

Survival mode order is still the same also..
That sort of makes sense to me, because many characters only have one arcade path anyway. You can also categorize it as this way is less grinding.

Survival being completely unchanged is severely disappointing. Even small fixes like removing win poses and having the CPU use random costumes would have helped make it less tedious. I don't feel it would have taken much work to make the mode slightly fun, but they didn't do anything to it and you still need to play it for free costume colors.

The pacing in general for SF5 has always been so weirdly slow. Like am I wrong or is there a loading screen in arcade mode to get to that tiny little next opponent indicator?

Those complaints aside I'm fairly happy with this update otherwise, though I haven't had any time yet to test the online. The art gallery is quite nice, arcade mode gives a good (if maybe more limited than I expected) method to practice a new character, a lot of characters like Alex seemed to get plenty of balance love, and theoretically the new V-triggers might give competitive play some much-needed variety. It's maybe not the homerun I was hoping for, but this is a good step forward for the game.

(...before they release Blanka and destroy everything good, obviously.)

Kid Ying

I like the idea of extra battle, but having to pay fight money, when i still need tons of it to unlock some characters is a bit too much.

I don't know. I got the vjoe clothes fast, but Akuma looks a bit frightneing to me. I tried a couple of times and got the special that takes almost the entire life and i don't know if i will try more times.

The arcade mode is good. I just wish it gave fight money as well...

I don't know. I got the vjoe clothes fast, but Akuma looks a bit frightneing to me. I tried a couple of times and got the special that takes almost the entire life and i don't know if i will try more times.
He's definitely beatable, but after wasting ~20K of my Fight Money doing so I really am worried about how the game's economy is going to work from now on. I know Capcom said they were going to add more regular sources of FM, but to my knowledge none of them are live yet. And I feel my ~20K spent was actually relatively efficient (thanks, Menat!), so I'm wondering what sort of opportunities they are going to offer in the next couple weeks to make that money back.

I'm just 'lucky' I buy the season passes with real money, I guess?

I have mixed feelings on the boss itself, along with the game's general AI. You essentially beat Shin Akuma by using his controller-reading cheating against him, and while that's kind of interesting as a sort of puzzle-solving it makes for bad fighting gameplay. And on normal arcade runs I'm perfecting enemies by throwing out full-screen fireballs -- the opponents literally deliberately stop blocking to walk into them!

I had hoped that a big new Arcade Edition would also mean some effort to give SF5 fun, realistic fighting game AI, but I see no sign of that anywhere. This AI seems freaking terrible even by the generally low standards of the genre. I found even 3rd Strike's AI to be more fun to fight against, and a game like Killer Instinct is legitimately decades ahead of SF5. I don't want to be too hard on a 'free' update, but sadly it seems like Arcade Edition is following the usual SF5 tradition of minimum acceptable effort. It's presumably a budget thing -- I'm not trying to throw the developers under the bus -- but the game badly needs some ambition.

(The art I've unlocked so far is awesome though!)

I've heard deeply conflicting things about the netcode so far, both great and terrible. I'm almost afraid to try it out myself...

Last edited:

Laws00

So I have a question. Do I need to keep putting up money everytime I have to fight in extra battle?

I fought Shin Akuma and lost. It should do I play to try again sure. But It said it cost an additional 1000. Wasn't sure if that was a mistake or not. I thought that once I payed I could try as many times as I want until the "EVENT" was over.

pesaddict

Banned
pee'd off about fact that they practically removed all the ways to farm FM now you have to put in some fight money to get any.

i need that blanka costume looks EPIC !

Last edited:

kaydigi

So I have a question. Do I need to keep putting up money everytime I have to fight in extra battle?

I fought Shin Akuma and lost. It should do I play to try again sure. But It said it cost an additional 1000. Wasn't sure if that was a mistake or not. I thought that once I payed I could try as many times as I want until the "EVENT" was over.

Pay per try. Do not play Akuma straight up, you have to play against his fireball pattern. I spent about 18k in fight money. You have to beat him more than once to get all the rewards.

Last edited:

Ostrava04

yea it'll cost every time

pee'd off about fact that they practically removed all the ways to farm FM now you have to put in some fight money to get any.

i need that blanka costume looks EPIC !
nah, you still get FM every time you lvl up a character. So you'll earn that from character story, survival, extra battle, missions, and don't forget to view every demonstrations, they give 1000 exp each. Only thing I find disappointing is that you don't get any exp playing arcade mode :/

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I really like this update. I finished the Street Fighter III battles and it was fun. It would be better if they had Gill as the final boss though.

I was trying to do Ryu's trial where he goes into V-skill into b+heavy kick and I can't seem to time it right. Maybe it's because I'm using a gamepad at the moment.

I want to earn as much FM as possible, so I can get Blanka and Sagat when they're out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom