- Jan 12, 2014
Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PlayStation 4 and PC cross-platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base. The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only one that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title.
Aside from the above, since its release on the 16th of february 2016, the game has been updated with a number things:
- Arcade Mode – Choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games
- Gallery – Unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through Arcade Mode
- Extra Battle – Complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes and Fight Money throughout 2018
- Team Battle – Battle it out in teams composed of 2-5 members!
- New V-Triggers – Each character will have two V-Triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system
- New Visuals – The user interface is being redesigned with new color schemes, revised menus, and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects
- Training mode enhancements – Frame data and frame state colours!
Also capcom has been adding cool little profiles on the CFN website, you can find them all in this handy list
- Direct Input controller support
- Background Music Select
- Updated Rage Quit System > Anytime a player disconnects during a match, their League Points will be deducted as if it was a loss; good/bad behaviour icons
- VS. CPU
- 13 extra playable characters
- A free cinematic story mode
- Free Chun-Li and Ryu Story costumes
- Survival no longer quits on disconnect
- Favourite character selection remembers costume and colour > This means you can now switch between multiple characters without setting their costume/colour each time
- Online stats tracker on the CFN website, sign up here.
- Challenge mode:
- Combo Trials
- Combo Trials S2
- Daily (weekly) Targets for 100-5000 FM
- Stage transitions for all default stages
- Updated stage interactables/NPCs on DLC stages
- Improved matchmaking for matching with similar skill
- Online rematch, 2 out of 3
- 8 Player lobbies
- 8f is now 6.5f
Apr 16 - Falke, the Guardian Hawk, Vaults into Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on April 24! (Capcom Blog)
Mar 26 - Cloak Yourself in Darkness with Darkstalkers Costumes for Menat, Juri, and Urien in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on April 3! (Capcom Blog)
Jan 9 - "Patch Notes for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition(Capcom Blog)
This is the V-Gauge; it's found in the bottom corner of your characters' side of the screen. V-Gauges can contain either two or three bars, depending on the characters. Your V-Gauge fills up mostly by taking damage, and bars are required to use a V-Reversal move (one bar) or V-Trigger (all bars). V-Skill does not require any bars.
V-Skills are unique to each character and can be used at any time, fills the V-Gauge on "succesful" use. Activated by pressing mp + mk at the same time.
When one or more of your V-Gauge bars is filled, you can use a V-Reversal. V-Reversals are counter attacks to break out of your opponent's pressure, and costs 1 bar of your V-Gauge. Activated during guard by pressing forward + lp+mp+hp or lk+mk+hk at the same time.
When your V-Gauge is completely full, you can use your V-Trigger. V-Triggers are character specific; some drain the V-Gauge slowly, while others deplete it as soon as the move is used. Activated by pressing hp + hk at the same time.
There's 2 types of "dlc" in SFV
Unlockable content (FM and real money) and Premium content (real money only)
- Characters - 100k FM / $5.99 / €5.99
- Story Costumes - 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
- Colours 11-15 - These range between 2k-20k FM
- All 16 Original Character Default Color Pack (3-10) - 85k FM / $4.99 / €4.99
- All 16 Original Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 85k FM / $4.99 / €4.99
- All 6 DLC Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
- Season pass grants all the below colours as well
- All 6 DLC Character Default Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
- Alt stages - 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.29
- New stages - 70k FM / $3.99 / €3.99
- Titles - 5k FM
- Profile designs - 5k FM
Premium costumes come with all the colours
- Costumes - $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29
- All premium costumes starting with the swimsuits have an alternate version that can be accessed by holding:
- lp + mp + hp + lk + up, during loading, this can also be done during rounds.
What content is a part of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC?
When you purchase any of the content below you will be supporting the Capcom Pro Tour and boosting the Capcom Cup prize pool. These items can be found within the in-game store in Street Fighter V.
The previous packs have not returned since removal.
- Capcom Pro Tour Costumes - $5.99 / €5.99
- Capcom Pro Tour Stage - $9.99 / €9.99
- Capcom Pro Tour Bundle (PS4 only, includes extra colours and titles) - $24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99
Q: What is "SFV AE"?
A: SFV AE is the Season 3 update for SFV, if you already own SFV, the update itself is completely free.
Q: Do I get anything special if I purchase AE instead of upgrading for free?
A: Yes, you get a code with to unlock characters from Seasons 1, and Season 2 (basically it's a rebrand of the current Deluxe Edition of SFV with free updates).
Q: What about Capcom's promise not to re-release this game as a new version?
A: Capcom never made that promise, ever. People misunderstood the "actual" promise they made which was "One disk to rule them all" which means you only need 1 copy of the game to stay up to date, and in the same player pool, no more fracturing the playerbase between versions.
Q: So Future rosters?
A: The full season 3 roster can be seen below. The following characters have shown up in the story and could possibly show up in future seasons, like Sakura:
Q: What percentage of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC revenue is going to the Capcom Cup 2017 prize pool?
A: A minimum of 30% of the revenue will go to the Capcom Cup 2017 prize pool, and an additional 50% of the revenue is invested into Capcom Pro Tour production. That means that Capcom contributes more than 80% of all CPT DLC revenue directly to support Capcom Pro Tour initiatives.
Q: Where can I go to find all that juicy frame data?
A: FATonline is a good place to start.
Q: How can I get Fight Money?
A: A lot of changes are happening to the FM system. The standard single player modes won't spit out one time bonuses anymore. Instead, we get a weekly challenge against a shadowloo henchmen, and now extra battle mode will be the sources of bigger FM earnings.
Read more about it here
Q: Why can't I chip people out?
A: Chip damage can only KO an opponent if it is chip damage from a Critical Art.
Q: What is the priority system?
A: Supers > Specials = Heavy > Medium > Light.
Q: Can you crouch-tech throws?
A: No, to tech a throw you must be standing up
Q: Wait, so how does crossplay work?
A: The game has its own matchmaking system called "Capcom Fighters Network" or CFN for short, this allows people to match even if they are on Steam or PSN
Q: Why is online so laggy?!
A: Please don't play online if you are on Wi-Fi, likewise you might be getting matched with Wi-Fi connections; this is by far the biggest culprit for laggy games. Also there are a bunch of ports required for proper communictation:
TCP: 80, 443, 20002, 30840, 30850, 30870
UDP: 30840-30859, 30870-30879
Q: Help! My game crashed during updating and now just keeps crashing.
A: Try what user Demoli posted
Q: I saw an almost naked Urien, how?!
A: Hold "jab(lp)+ forward(mk)+ fierce(hp)" during loading up until you see the new animation