• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Nymphae

Banned
I play the game almost daily.

Same. Not sure why this place doesn't really enjoy discussing the game much. The Resetera thread is on a second OT and it moves relatively fast, compared to this place it's crazy busy, multiple posts a day!

Nymphae

Banned
Is capcom? Been waiting on announcements for months now.

I've been playing the game and watching tournaments lol. New characters are nice sure, but it's funny how many people are like "DED GAME" because they aren't getting a new character every month.

Nymphae

Banned
All we're getting so far are costumes. Couple Red Earth ways. Hoping for a character announcement soon!

Well they did just announce the new grass stage at Final Round as well, and before that we got the Final Fight stage.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
I've been playing the game and watching tournaments lol. New characters are nice sure, but it's funny how many people are like "DED GAME" because they aren't getting a new character every month.
Final round had like 53k viewers for the last matches. What rank are you btw? We should battle lounge sometime.

Acerac

Banned
I could play G for years and not get sick of him. At the same time I hunger for new citizens to care for.

Nymphae

Banned
I could play G for years and not get sick of him. At the same time I hunger for new citizens to care for.

I want to try him out, currently working on Survival Hard with more characters to try and get enough FM to unlock another, thinking him or Falke.

Acerac

Banned
I want to try him out, currently working on Survival Hard with more characters to try and get enough FM to unlock another, thinking him or Falke.
I will say that I adore every single aspect of the character, from the uncanny similarities to Q to his nonsense babble about unity to the fact that when you charge his presidentiality in Japanese it sounds like he is saying "One ass!". The fact that he has bnbs simple enough for my scrub ass to hammer out while having absolutely absurd top end combos prevents his gameplay from starting too difficult of getting stale, and that comeback potential never gets old. Even if I have not landed a single move while I am missing most of my health bar, a full charge of presidentiality says I can take the match.

Oh, and lest I forget, there are few better feelings than losing a set, thinking for a second about what I did wrong, and realized my problem was that I wasn't presidential enough, going back for the rematch and absolutely clowning my opposition in the most presidential way possible.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I will say that I adore every single aspect of the character, from the uncanny similarities to Q to his nonsense babble about unity to the fact that when you charge his presidentiality in Japanese it sounds like he is saying "One ass!". The fact that he has bnbs simple enough for my scrub ass to hammer out while having absolutely absurd top end combos prevents his gameplay from starting too difficult of getting stale, and that comeback potential never gets old. Even if I have not landed a single move while I am missing most of my health bar, a full charge of presidentiality says I can take the match.

Oh, and lest I forget, there are few better feelings than losing a set, thinking for a second about what I did wrong, and realized my problem was that I wasn't presidential enough, going back for the rematch and absolutely clowning my opposition in the most presidential way possible.

Glad you are enjoying him! I find his character design really off-putting (except for the Q alt which is sick), but he does look really fun to play.

I have been trying to find a new character lately, and I've been sinking my teeth into Vega. I've always liked his character design and moveset, but I'm not sure why I seem to gravitate to the characters that require a shitload of effort to eek out a win.

Acerac

Banned
Glad you are enjoying him! I find his character design really off-putting (except for the Q alt which is sick), but he does look really fun to play.

I have been trying to find a new character lately, and I've been sinking my teeth into Vega. I've always liked his character design and moveset, but I'm not sure why I seem to gravitate to the characters that require a shitload of effort to eek out a win.
I wish I could get in to Vega but I lack the nimble fingers required. I must say, I really appreciate the facial expression he puts on when zoomed in on his super. It is this almost pained look of fighting desperately to keep up the facade of his invincible beauty, buying in to his own hype only enough to get him his victories, but not enough to believe it deep down.

I enjoy strange things about characters. ^^;

Nymphae

Banned
I wish I could get in to Vega but I lack the nimble fingers required. I must say, I really appreciate the facial expression he puts on when zoomed in on his super. It is this almost pained look of fighting desperately to keep up the facade of his invincible beauty, buying in to his own hype only enough to get him his victories, but not enough to believe it deep down.

I enjoy strange things about characters. ^^;

Yeah his super looks great, I think his face looks weird though lol, I prefer the way it looks with the mask on. I wish he had more costumes, but I am pretty happy with the default one. I want the nostalgia costume, but I never see it in the Fighting Chance thing. The very first time I did that thing, I won the Cammy costume, have gotten junk items every time since then lol

I'm on daily as well. Capcom has done great things with Street Fighter V, and even though it has a few issues, this is far and away the best fighter out at the moment. It feels like people are more interested in hearing news rather than playing the game. It's only been a few months since the last big update, which gets downplayed for some reason. It added a new character (a shoto that's actually interesting), new moves, new balances, but gets treated like it's no big deal. I honestly don't understand the whole lack of announcements issue. The game is still being supported, and even if it was only balances updates from here on out (which is clearly isn't), the game is still in a great place.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm on daily as well. Capcom has done great things with Street Fighter V, and even though it has a few issues, this is far and away the best fighter out at the moment. It feels like people are more interested in hearing news rather than playing the game. It's only been a few months since the last big update, which gets downplayed for some reason. It added a new character (a shoto that's actually interesting), new moves, new balances, but gets treated like it's no big deal. I honestly don't understand the whole lack of announcements issue. The game is still being supported, and even if it was only balances updates from here on out (which is clearly isn't), the game is still in a great place.

Exactly how I feel. I don't get the Kage hate either, I spent last week going through survival modes with him and I really enjoy his combos. I just think the character design is misguided. He could look so awesome with just a few small tweaks....I don't understand the horns, underbite fangs, and scarf.

Exactly how I feel. I don't get the Kage hate either, I spent last week going through survival modes with him and I really enjoy his combos. I just think the character design is misguided. He could look so awesome with just a few small tweaks....I don't understand the horns, underbite fangs, and scarf.
That's probably what Dan imagines as being cool.

Nymphae

Banned
So is there a way to buy the fighting chance costumes that I'm not aware of? I really want the Vega and Sagat costumes, are you only able to win those through FC?

So is there a way to buy the fighting chance costumes that I'm not aware of? I really want the Vega and Sagat costumes, are you only able to win those through FC?
As of now, Fighting Chance is the only way to gain access to them. As much as I love this game, that particular aspect of it is abysmal. As a matter of fact, I think they are timed, so once they are gone, it's gone. Someone (hopefully) correct me if that's inaccurate. I managed to get Vega's classic. It's his best costume, outside of his green and black default. That one is slick as hell as well.

Elcid

Banned
Only way atm. They're currently unavailable.
As of now, Fighting Chance is the only way to gain access to them. As much as I love this game, that particular aspect of it is abysmal. As a matter of fact, I think they are timed, so once they are gone, it's gone. Someone (hopefully) correct me if that's inaccurate. I managed to get Vega's classic. It's his best costume, outside of his green and black default. That one is slick as hell as well.
No you're right.

Only way atm. They're currently unavailable.

No you're right.
Sigh...unfortunately. I'm ok with locking certain things behind a wall, such as extra colors for more experienced players with a certain character, but literally making a timed+random item is pretty stupid in my humble opinion. At least bring it back into rotation like the Extra Battle costumes.

Actually, seeing how some of the Extra Battle costumes are now for monetary sale, and the whole gouge to FM, maybe they are fazing that particular aspect out.

Man, the lighting on Field of Fate makes the characters look great.

Edit:. Oh, Balrog's Fighting Chance costume is back in rotation, if you don't like the Edward Scissorhands hairline of the default one.

Last edited:
I bought the new Alpha stage, but cant use it.
It doesnt show up as a selectable stage in training, or as an online vs preference. That sucks. I hope Capcom fix that.

Nymphae

Banned
Why the fuck would they do that? I forgot to check but I wonder if you can even set Field of Fate as your favourite stage in battle settings?

Why the fuck would they do that? I forgot to check but I wonder if you can even set Field of Fate as your favourite stage in battle settings?
You can. It's the same with Shadaloo Base and Shadaloo Base At Night. They give you the option when you are setting your preferences. Remember before launch they were talking about letting you select different times of day and weather for certain stages? I'm guessing this is what they had in mind. Same with the Mysterious Waterfall stage, or whatever it's called. The one with the sheep, and you can select the night version where the bats fly out of the cave.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I feel like the new Alpha stage should have been its own thing and selectable from the menu like the others, but oh well.
I'm really curious if Kage will be the last character released for the game though... I'm holding onto my remaining fight money until Capcom tells us something one way or the other.

I agree that the new alpha stage should be selectable on its own. Its really nice. Simple and full of atmosphere. I hope to see it in tournies, but I expect it'll get banned, due to ground visibility issues..
Udon is doing more bikini stuff. Will Capcom be good enough to put this in the game? My wallet is ready to go.

2019.04.01-07.46-themixnet-5ca26a9779c3d.jpg

Pejo

So I realize this thread isn't quite so active, but did I miss the window of sale for Falke's Katt costume? I booted up the game for the first time in a few months yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere on the Steam store despite them advertising it in-game. I found the other Capcom costume packs (like the DMC and Darkstalkers packs), but not Katt.

Nymphae

Banned
So I realize this thread isn't quite so active, but did I miss the window of sale for Falke's Katt costume? I booted up the game for the first time in a few months yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere on the Steam store despite them advertising it in-game. I found the other Capcom costume packs (like the DMC and Darkstalkers packs), but not Katt.

I didn't keep an eye on it, but I'm guessing it's one of the missable costumes you can get through Extra Battles?

It's really dumb how they have some costumes that are not purchasable - I play Vega and his costume selection is abysmal. The one good costume they added, the classic one, is one of the costumes that is only winnable through the random Fighting Chance thing, and I missed it when it was available so I'm SOL.

Nymphae

Banned
Pejo Pejo

Yep missable extra battle costume

Each attempt at one of these missions will run you 2,500 Fight Money, so you'll want to ensure that you complete each one on the first try. The opponents are always fairly easy to beat, however, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Remember that you'll have to clear all four challenges within this campaign to get the Katt costume. If you miss even one, you will be unable to access the crossover outfit.

Nymphae

Banned
Oh damn. Thanks for the info! Looks like we should still be on the first week of this set, since it just started 5/10. Maybe I have a shot. If only I didn't suck at the game, heh. Do these fighting chance events force you to use the character that the costume is built for? I just purchased character pack 3 yesterday so I don't even know any of Falke's moves yet.

No you can use whoever you want for these battles, and typically they are very easy fights for the costume unlocks, you'll beat it.

Nymphae

Banned
Just checking in to see if there was ever any word on a season 4?

Yeah, Kage. Still no word on anything beyond that, although Ono did recently just say something along the lines of "we know....we'll have something to say very soon"

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Ok, maybe we’ll get an announcement at E3 next month

That's what I'm hoping! Although to be honest I'm not really feeling that the game is lacking at the moment like a lot of the community is. I would like to see them continue their balance updates, and new characters are always nice to see, but I only play with a few characters I enjoy anyway.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Well, E3 came and went with no news on season 4... I'm starting to think maybe it's not going to happen at this point

Nymphae

Banned
32 more Chun-Li costumes.

Yeah it's a bit much with those, it drives me nuts that they do that but they can't even allow me to give them money for Vega's only good costume (other than his default), the classic one that was a fighting chance giveaway. I've been waiting for that to return into the rotation, just for the fucking opportunity to roll for it over and over again with fortune tickets. Yay! I don't get that aspect of the game - you guys want money right? Just let us buy the fucking shit you made.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Is there a general FGC thread here or pretty much this one? I have kind of an odd question, but input is needed. I have been moving much of my gaming over to PC, with fighters being the main hold out. How are the PC communities for Street Fighter, MK, and things like BB or GG and that style?

Nymphae

Banned
Is there a general FGC thread here or pretty much this one? I have kind of an odd question, but input is needed. I have been moving much of my gaming over to PC, with fighters being the main hold out. How are the PC communities for Street Fighter, MK, and things like BB or GG and that style?

Yeah we could probably use an FGC OT. I've thought about it in the past but I never made one because honestly I just don't get how threads like that work, I guess that would go into the community section? I never go there, and thought I heard rumblings about a site or board reorganization or something, so have been hesitant to create any major threads like that. But we need one, I'm constantly watching events and never talk about it here.

As for your question, not sure at all, I've been sticking with PS4 as my main console, but I feel like there would be a decent community on PC for modern games.

Ol'Scratch

Yeah we could probably use an FGC OT. I've thought about it in the past but I never made one because honestly I just don't get how threads like that work, I guess that would go into the community section? I never go there, and thought I heard rumblings about a site or board reorganization or something, so have been hesitant to create any major threads like that. But we need one, I'm constantly watching events and never talk about it here.

As for your question, not sure at all, I've been sticking with PS4 as my main console, but I feel like there would be a decent community on PC for modern games.
If you were to make it, I would start it in gaming so that it could get seen more and then it would get moved to Community after a while

Top Bottom