• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 is releasing in 2023

The background characters with very short, stilted, and awkward animation loops feel like something out of a Dreamcast game. It really brings the presentation of the whole thing down. They haven't been able to nail the backgrounds in a 3D SF game yet. The whole art style is weird, honestly. The strange paint trails/splats really do look like Splatoon.

People forget that SF2 was basically the equivalent of an AAA game when it came out. It had top tier presentation and graphics. One on one fighting games are one of the most computationally simple types of video games. They should be able to go absolutely ape on the graphics. They should look incredible by now, but for some reason, open world games have better graphics. Something is rotten in Denmark.
Yeah it is weird how fighting games seem to have all these technical limitations even on the next gen consoles and PC. For instance KOF15 has awful looking 30 fps half speed framerate for background objects. It's so jarring and ugly. You telling me KoF15, with those cartoon graphics needs to half the framerate to maintain 60 fps for the foreground? Game has native version too on ps5/sx. I think PC may have the same limitation (not sure tho).

What I've noticed though is that Japanese fg developers don't seem to care much about visuals. SF 5 and Tekken 7 were 2 of the most popular fighters, are still popular today, and never even got an update for 4k for ps4 pro/xb1x and now with ps5/sx. That's crazy. In fact if you have a Series X you can only play Tekken 7 at 900p. Pathetic.

I think its a Japanese thing honestly. It sucks.

Hopefully the new one is a more polished build and not the same one just with the added characters. It's going to be nice to see how the Drive Meter evolves over the course of the game as well. The V-System turned out to be really expressive and fairly balanced, especially with how matchup specific fights can be in SFV, so hopefully within a few seasons the Drive mechanics will offer diversity of styles and options in it's own way.

44316815fv.png

Presentation is live now.

Kimberly looks a bit drab in comparison to something like Zeku if I'm being honest. Not the gameplay, but the design itself. Granted, that's hard to live up to considering she is new. Zeku was also a new character, but he was directly tied to Guy as well as Strider, and he could seamlessly switch between the two. Zeku was like everything in one. Two other things she doesn't seem to have are the icon voice, or a few moves that have a hard impact and extended hitbox(that I've seen). I'm all for new characters, and she does seem like a great one, but it's hard to not feel something knowing what she is replacing.

nbkicker

Cant wait for this game, juri and kimberely look good, cant wait for Tokyo games show next week where hopefully we get some good quality footage rather then the 1080 stream shown so far, really hope cammy is revealed as ill put money on there two more characters announced at the show. Hoping this is a feb 23 release and not later

The OST still not good for me, destroying every stage IMO. Lets see if they can improve until launch.
I'm with you. Granted, the actual stage music has been a lot better for the combat than the character themes naturally, but it's still lacking a bit at the moment.

I'm a little surprised to hear all the hate on the music. While it isn't necessarily amazing, I'm really glad to get away from the guitar rock of arcsys.

SF6 looks stunning, and I'm excited for it.

i want to see Urien's thong and his man ass jiggle and bouncy man pec/tities. I want to see package jiggle also. Same thing with zangief except adding a lot of realistic man hairs and sweat/glisten shine on his body to be full bear mode. Then I want to see zangief do the pile driver spin and sit his big hairy jiggly muscle ass on urien face.
🤤

was Street Fighter 5 actually good? I never got around to playing it. Playstation gave it to me free, but i think i tried to play and it wanted me to sign like some contract in blood and give my phone number social security etc, so i never made it to the title screen

Fake

SF3 is still the best in the whole damn series, so that makes me even more stoked.

SF3 is one of the worst SF... even so that Capcom need to make things here and there to make work, like bringing the old characters? Changing the OST? Putting new character with a copy/paste kit from old character, aka Remmy?

America Latina don't even know what SF3 it really is, only after that Ken pro player parry every single kick from Chun-li that people start to notice this game. People love to talk about SF3 on the internet because of that particular moment of the tournament, but SF3 was ignored for most part of the world.

Last edited:
SF3 is one of the worst SF... even so that Capcom need to make things here and there to make work, like bringing the old characters? Changing the OST? Putting new character with a copy/paste kit from old character, aka Remmy?

America Latina don't even know what SF3 it really is, only after that Ken pro player parry every single kick from Chun-li that people start to notice this game. People love to talk about SF3 on the internet because of that particular moment of the tournament, but SF3 was ignored for most part of the world.
Lol

poodaddy

I don't give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks, Third Strike isn't only the best Street Fighter, it's the best fighting game of all time dude. It's cool man, you don't like it, that's chill. But it is absolutely the highest skill ceiling fighting game in existence, produces the most watchable matches of all time, and has the best sprite work of any game in history. The soundtrack is also perfect. Check out Third Strike clips on YouTube, if you think Third Strike is only liked now cause of the Daigo Wong match, you're mistaken. High level Third Strike is like light speed chess.

Fake

I don't give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks

Ok I guess. Capcom think otherwise.

It's cool man, you don't like it, that's chill. But it is absolutely the highest skill ceiling fighting game in existence, produces the most watchable matches of all time, and has the best sprite work of any game in history. The soundtrack is also perfect. Check out Third Strike clips on YouTube, if you think Third Strike is only liked now cause of the Daigo Wong match, you're mistaken. High level Third Strike is like light speed chess.

Yes, as a Street Fighter fan myself I don't like SF3, but this have nothing to do with the mix bag reception SF3 it received. Soundtrack from SF3 is far from perfect, but taste is not discussed.

Again, I don't like to watching people playing, I can do for myself. Played a lot of SF2 back in my time and even got SF4 ranked from Xbox 360. Thats why I'll make my own judgment from SF6, even if Tokido tells me otherwise. So far SF6 have some potential, but with some rough edges here and there.

Last edited:

yurinka

Time from Korean rating to relase from some recent Capcom games:
  • Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium (rating 2022-04-01, released 2022-07-21, around 4 months)
  • Capcom Fighting Collection (rating 2022-03-18, released 2022-06-24, around 3 months)
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (rating 2022-03-04, released 2022-06-30, around 4 months)
  • Monster Hunter Rise - PC (rating 2021-08-20, released 2022-01-12, around 4.5 months)
  • Monster Hunter Rise - Switch (rating 2020-10-30, released 2021-03-26, around 5 months)
  • Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection - PC and others (rating 2021-04-30, release 2021-06-01, around 1 month)
  • Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection - Switch (rating 2020-12-24, release 2021-02-25, around 3 months)
  • Capcom Arcade Stadium - (rating 2020-12-24, release 2021-02-17, around 2 months)
Average: around 3.3 months.

Street Fighter 6 got the rating 2022-11-18, adding around 3.3 months this means a late February release.

fallingdove

[/URL]
[/URL]

?

I used to play on arcades since SF2 dude. People love to jump in defense for SF3 (the base game), but the true is only until SF3: 3rd Strike the game got love from the SF fans and people act like base SF3 never existed.
I played the hell out of New Generation, still do. The game isn’t as polished as 3rd Strike but NG, DI, and 3S are great in their own ways and much more varied than the all too frequent SF2 title updates.

Just because lots of people moved on to 3D fighters in the 90s doesn’t mean that people didn’t love and appreciate SF3 sans EVO moment 37.

Top Bottom