• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 to see free trial with all 39 characters playable starting February 3 to February 9

While free trials typically grant players access to a handful of characters, the upcoming one for Street Fighter 5 will see all 39 of the game's world warriors unlocked. Included here is the latest DLC character, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike's Gill.

"'We will all live in harmony, together.' Fight like a Champion and prepare for Street Fighter V: Champion Edition with the Free Trial coming to #PS4 and #Steam from Feb 3 - Feb 9!" the official Street Fighter Twitter account writes. "New players can try out all 39 currently available characters in the game! #SFVCE"

It wasn't stated what content and modes would be available during the free trial, but players can likely look forward to taking any of the current roster characters into online matches.

Fans on both PlayStation 4 and Steam will be able to take advantage of this free trial. So, if you're looking to get some hands-on time with the current version of the game, be sure to download the trial before February 9.

Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition is set for its standalone release on February 14. Picking it up will give you access to nearly all of the content ever released for Street Fighter 5, as well as the game's 40th character, Seth.

VertigoOA

Banned
they are already unlocked if you own the full dang ol game

Eh, I never got any character packs and just grinded out Guile, Sagat and Alex. It would be nice to screw around with a bunch of characters I will never realistically care to play as for a minute.

Game should be f2p at this point regardless. There’s enough vanity nonsense where they could pull it off.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
one of those guys huh? 🤔

I hope you're not one of those hater insunuators.

No, it happen that I miss playing SF games. So last year I was thinking in picking SF5. But before that I watched some videos, just to see how it fairs since last I saw. Nothing I saw click me at all, as if the game was more ugly in terms of everything. Then I saw USF4 with a reduced price and give it a shot, since last time I played was on Xbox360.

Felt so good and fun to play. I think because Xbox360 controller is an useless piece of crap and terrible overall. Ultra combos that I never once made it I'm easly making it, as if I played this game for ages(used to play this game only when my brother ask me to).

So the resume is, didn't like any of what I saw in videos and I'm happy with USF4. But not that SF5 is a bad game, it just didn't click me at all.

Last edited:

Amaranty

jump in. Game is extremly fun.
I tried but I'm hopeless at it. I'm quite average at fighting games but Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 were quite approachable.

SFV feels so different. Combos are harder to pull off and you can spam moves constantly and I never understand when it's my time to attack.

Top Bottom