• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stray Surpassed God of War as The Highest-Rated Game On Steam In 2022

gypsygib

Strange, Steam reviews are pretty reliable in the aggregate. Far more than other sites like Metacritic. It's a shame that so many users gave it plus 20% because of a love for cats.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am starting to see why certain players keep complaining about no fun AAA games and stuffs

nemiroff

Gold Member
Nobody has to point you to a better one I'm talking about THIS ONE, I've proven my point, Steam Reviews are a shitty metric that are almost completely meaningless.

You're using faulty logic to try and say your opinion is correct by saying it's the ONLY opinion.

All I know is that it's been my and many others' most reliable (and easy to interpret and adjust for) metric by far of any similar "system" out there, and been for years infamous for it in the community. That's why your odd crusade using outliers doesn't make much sense to us.

Last edited:
Strange, Steam reviews are pretty reliable in the aggregate. Far more than other sites like Metacritic. It's a shame that so many users gave it plus 20% because of a love for cats.
Why is that strange? I prefer games that have characters that I like.

Game reviews are not objective. I personally cannot quantify "fun".

chixdiggit

There is no downgrading of the FREE PRODUCT in the overall rating that steam gives it, a PRODUCT WAS FREE gets equal weight in the overall average despite the fact that it's PAID.

EDIT: Nothing tells you FREE PRODUCTS aren't included in the average, I had to scour the internet to find this out after someone mentioned it, those reviews hide in there with the other stuff.
Just a FYI if you want to weed out the "Free" reviews.
FHVzrDp.jpg

Last edited:
I still can't get over how this game is an indie, it look great and they nailed the cat animations.

Annapurna is making a name for themselves with these quality games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom