• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stray | Review Thread

Banjo64

cumsessed
Is this the dark souls of cat games?
Final boss;

3d8773c19b5108e2d63e972100a2757f.gif

Arcadialane

This game is wonderful so far. Especially as somebody who has always had rescue cats at home, it feels especially lovingly made.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Whelp, the game was supposed to have released hours ago, still showing as "Just Announced" on my PS5. What a fucking joke. Def will not be continuing my premium sub and may try my hardest to get a refund from support (at least downgrade to Essential with credit or whatever). Yea, it's just a game, but this isn't the first time PlayStation US did this. If they're too fucking incompetent to tell time I think I'd rather just switch back to Game Pass, which I let lapse.

Last edited:
Whelp, the game was supposed to have released hours ago, still showing as "Just Announced" on my PS5. What a fucking joke. Def will not be continuing my premium sub and may try my hardest to get a refund from support (at least downgrade to Essential with credit or whatever). Yea, it's just a game, but this isn't the first time PlayStation US did this. If they're too fucking incompetent to tell time I think I'd rather just switch back to Game Pass, which I let lapse.
new games always show up at a certain time of day. It'll probably pop up somewhere between 10 and 11am local time where you are. No idea why they don't add 'em at midnight but they never seem to.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
new games always show up at a certain time of day. It'll probably pop up somewhere between 10 and 11am local time where you are. No idea why they don't add 'em at midnight but they never seem to.

Some do, some don't. It seems random. The word I read from one of the official PlayStation Twitter accounts a week or two ago was midnight. Now I can't find the tweet, guessing they deleted it.

Esppiral

The game is out today right? Amazon listing says it will release on 19th September....

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

Why isn’t this out yet!?

giphy.gif
Seriously?

Where do I install this? It’s 10 am on the east coast. Stray is on the PSN page, but I go to it and it only has a wishlist and follow button. I don’t see an install or preload button. How do I install and play this game?

Topher

Gold Member
Seriously?

Where do I install this? It’s 10 am on the east coast. Stray is on the PSN page, but I go to it and it only has a wishlist and follow button. I don’t see an install or preload button. How do I install and play this game?

Have to wait until 11 AM eastern.

Last edited:
Never understand the logic of these release times. Tuesday morning? Who is that ideal for? If they were trying to hype people up to play it I'd understand picking a time like Friday at 7pm or something, but this makes no sense to me.

Looking forward to playing this, but not expecting wondrous things. Every PlayStation exclusive gets a free 10% boost it seems, so expecting a solid 7 out of 10 indie. Between this, As Dusk Falls and Forza DLC there's some good stuff this week. If I can ever pry the controller from my wife's hands (she's addicted to House Flipper).

Topher

Gold Member
Never understand the logic of these release times. Tuesday morning? Who is that ideal for? If they were trying to hype people up to play it I'd understand picking a time like Friday at 7pm or something, but this makes no sense to me.

Looking forward to playing this, but not expecting wondrous things. Every PlayStation exclusive gets a free 10% boost it seems, so expecting a solid 7 out of 10 indie. Between this, As Dusk Falls and Forza DLC there's some good stuff this week. If I can ever pry the controller from my wife's hands (she's addicted to House Flipper).

This isn't a PS exclusive. Also on PC. Either way, I don't buy this PS "10% boost" theory. If you don't like the game as much as the reviewers then that doesn't mean the review score got a boost.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

youtube fashion GIF

Gudji

Didn't expect the game to be this interesting I'm in the first town and it has been pretty awesome so far. Just hope the puzzles get a bit more difficult.

Fools idol

Banned
interesting game but I decided to refund it before the steam playtime window...

Glad Steam allows such refunds, saved my time and money more than a few times. Not that the game is bad, just not worth full price for me persaonlly. May try it again when it's sub £5 in an xmas sale or something.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Made it to the sewers last night before I logged. Could not put it down, and that darn cat is adorable. Such a charming little game, and the unfolding mystery in the story does have my interest.

The art direction is fantastic. On a good TV set, you don't need HDR, since everything is still bright and rich, but man this game would be another level visually with it.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Done

30 bucks to the devs and publisher. Annapurna is one of my fav publishers. Very unique stuff like Gorogoa, Sayonara Wild Hearts, Edith Finch, etc

Too bad they seem to only sell physical copies of their games through iam8bit. Great publisher and a shitty, cancerous store.

ZoukGalaxy

Last edited:

Mossybrew

As much as I'd like to play, can't justify buying a 5-6 hour game at that price. And that tier of ps plus offers me nothing I want so that's no good either. Will be keeping an eye on it though, at some point I'm sure it will be under 20 bucks.

Top Bottom