• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stray | Review Thread

ManaByte

I love kittehs
Cat Video GIF

ZoukGalaxy

I know it's ruff, but you must paws for a moment and realize you are barking up the wrong tree. Dogs are better than cats, dog-gone it. Now stop hounding me.

7b06cd0525934b31b2800d2a4a01f56d.gif
Paw-don me but, nah, still wrong, cats are the best furend, that's hisstory and there's not other pawsibility. Dogs are paways barking for nothing, that’s just claw-ful, dogs are infurior to cats. You’re a furmidable opponent but I'm feline sad that you don't see it the truth behind the meowntain.

Did you see a programmer dog ? Nah
Cat Reaction GIF

3 cats made STRAY, check this, all hooman were only there to feed them (not to worry, no hoomans were injuring during the development of the game and dogs were furbidden).

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Paw-don me but, nah, still wrong, cat are the best furend, that's hisstory and there's not other pawsibility. Dogs are paways barking for nothing, that’s just claw-ful, dogs are infurior to cats. You’re a furmidable opponent but I'm feline sad that you don't see it the truth behind the meowntain.

Did you see a programmer dog ? Nah
Cat Reaction GIF

3 cats made STRAY, check this:

%D8%B4%DB%8C%D8%B4%DB%8C.gif

ZoukGalaxy

This is made by Anapurna, aren't they rumored to be one of the developers working on Silent Hill?
I believe they are only the publisher, they publish a lot of indie stuff from different developers (not sure if they make games themselves at all).
Indeed, Annapurna Interactive is only the publisher, the dev of STRAY is BlueTwelve Studio.

Last edited:

timmyp53

The PSPlus layout is pretty garbage. This game was nowhere on the main pages, yet I could see it was an included game when I manually searched for it.

Sony have to make this better.
... It's not even out yet. PS plus section which is super simple and the point and the ps store will get an update as per usual.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
For the Steam version, on Steam OS, I wonder if Valve will be able to work their preshader caching and shader optimizations magic to prevent the stuttering. Epic should be able to do the same from EGS now (they do it for Tiny Tina's AFAIK).

Two hours until play time here.

Last edited:

Salz01

What’s the performance on ps5? I can’t find anything about it. Like what the technical aspect of it is.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
EGM - Josh Harmon - 4 / 5
Stray does a great job at letting you act like a cat, turning a wide range of true-to-life feline behaviors into clever gameplay mechanics. But it's much less successful at making you truly feel like a cat, as the game's more conventional approach to its gameplay and story routinely shatters your immersion in odd ways. If you can suspend your disbelief and look past the missed opportunity of a more cohesive experience, however, there's a lot to like in its moody cyberpunk world and varied challenges.

This is why this is not for me. I was up for some good slick cat gameplay but this seems like a bunch of context sensitive qte's

mxbison

The PSPlus layout is pretty garbage. This game was nowhere on the main pages, yet I could see it was an included game when I manually searched for it.

Sony have to make this better.

I still haven't found a quick and easy way to access the whole PS+ Extra catalog. Have to go through like 4 steps and then scroll down and select show all.

Most annoying part though is that when you open a game and go back you start all the way at the top of the list again.

It's really bad.

(Before the platform warriors come along: Yes, PC GamePass UI and Nintendo eShop fucking suck too.)

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
(Before the platform warriors come along: Yes, PC GamePass UI and Nintendo eShop fucking suck too.)

What's wrong with GamePass UI on PC? I'm downloading As Dusk Falls now and it's the most basic, clean UI you can think of. A grid of all available games with some really good filtering options. All my installed games easily accessible from the left sub-menu. It's okay.

mxbison

What's wrong with GamePass UI on PC? I'm downloading As Dusk Falls now and it's the most basic, clean UI you can think of. A grid of all available games with some really good filtering options. All my installed games easily accessible from the left sub-menu. It's okay.

It's pretty awful for browsing.

Same as PS Store it doesn't remember where you were so you after scroll through the whole catalog again if you looked at a game. And you have to select a game to be able to add it your play later list it which makes it even worse.

Then if you want to remove games from that list you have to select each one again and unlist them.

It's a basic UI that fails at the most basic things.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It's pretty awful for browsing.

Same as PS Store it doesn't remember where you were so you after scroll through the whole catalog again if you looked at a game. And you have to select a game to be able to add it your play later list it which makes it even worse.

Then if you want to remove games from that list you have to select each one again and unlist them.

It's a basic UI that fails at the most basic things.

Makes sense. I never use "play later" functionality so I was not even aware. The only saving factor is that with mouse wheel you can quickly scroll to where you were before. But I agree, it should remember your filters/scrolling position when you go back. Basic things.

A good UI should focus on game discovery. Like Steam. I've found so many cool games that I wouldn't otherwise thanks to Steam.

PanzerAzel

This may be a dumb question, but how am I supposed to play this thing? I see others are playing it, yet in the PSN screen it on gives me a wishlist and follow option. No DL link? No preload?

Top Bottom