• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member

tenor.gif

Energy ETFs finish among top-performing funds at the close​

• At the close of trading on Wednesday, U.S. markets finished mixed, with the Dow & S&P 500 finishing positive and the Nasdaq closing to the downside. From a sector standpoint, the energy market was the top-performing area.
  • The energy sector has not only been the top-performing segment of the market on the day, but it has led all eleven sectors of the S&P 500 on a one-week and one-month percentage change basis as well.
  • Oil did slide on the day to $65.30/bbl, snapping its winning streak for the week. Prices of oil have been on a steady incline dating back two weeks to April 22nd. Since then, the price of oil has risen by nearly +6.75%.
  • Below are a handful of exchange traded funds that have yielded positive returns for the day and were among the top-performing ETFs.
  • S&P Oil & Gas Eqpt & Services SPDR (NYSEARCA:XES), +5.95%.
  • Oil Services Vaneck ETF (NYSEARCA:OIH), +5.88%.
  • U.S. Oil Equipment & Services Ishares ETF (NYSEARCA:IEZ), +5.76%.
  • Dynamic Oil & Gas Services Invesco ETF (NYSEARCA:PXJ), +4.36%.
  • DWA Energy Momentum Invesco ETF (NASDAQ:PXI), +4.25%.

ManofOne

Plus Member

Uber stock climbs after Q1 results with record gross bookings, narrowed EBITDA loss​

• Uber (NYSE:UBER) shares are up 1.7% after hours following Q1 results with a narrowed adjusted EBITDA and a narrower than expected loss per share of $0.06 versus the $0.60 loss consensus. Rival Lyft (NASDAQ:LYFT) is currently slightly in the red.
  • Gross bookings were up 24% on the year to an all-time high to $19.5B vs. the $18.07B consensus. Mobility bookings were down 38% Y/Y to $6.8B. Delivery gross bookings increased 166% to $12.5B.
  • Overall revenue of $2.9B and Mobility revenue of $853M were reduced by the $600M accrual for reclassifying its UK drivers as workers. Without the accrual, total revenue was up 11% Q/Q and 8% Y/Y to $3.5B and Mobility revenue was down 1% Q/Q and 41% Y/Y.
  • Delivery revenue was up 28% Q/Q and 230% Y/Y to $1.7B.
  • Adjusted EBITDA loss of $359M improved by $95M on the quarter. Mobility adjusted EBITDA was $298M. Delivery was a $200M loss, down $55M on the quarter but up $113M on the year.
  • “We outperformed both our Gross Bookings and Adjusted EBITDA outlook, with Mobility trends improving through the quarter and continued elevated growth for our Delivery business, combined with disciplined operational execution,” says CFO Nelson Chai. “Uber is very well positioned to drive long-term value, with improving EBITDA performance, significant liquidity, and increasingly valuable minority investments.”
  • Monthly active platform customers were down 5% on the year to 98M, below the 100.2M.

BUT UBER DOWN 5.0% NOW SO COME ON MY PUTS BABY!!

GHG

Gold Member

If I had shares in any of these companies my current response would be:

Tracy Morgan Bullshit GIF by Team Coco

Assisting and/or providing financial aid (or discounts) for those in need - yes.

Giving away your patents for free which cost millions (if not billions) in RnD - no

I know politics discussion is no longer allowed so I'll refrain from saying more. Long road ahead in the markets if things carry on like this. Can we get though one day without there being some bullshit that has everyone shitting their pants?

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

I would laugh but kids have actually died or been injured like that :/

Not a company I'd be in a rush to park money with, not sure what their future is once the world opens up again. They were very much right time right place to capitalise from covid but it remains to be seen if it's just a fad or not.

TWO stocks I'm looking at, PTON and ETSY. Both oversold right now.

Fair value of PTON is 105 and fair value of ETSY is 136.

I expect ETSY to hit the lows of 155 and then uptick from there.

Yup, PTON subscription model is a gold mine. Oversold on the treadmill recall fears.

zeorhymer

I love me oil stocks. I saw XOM and BP in the tank and snatched up a few K worth knowing that they'd bounce. I'm waiting on airlines to come back as well.

Yah I agree. Its a really good company with a good line up from millennials. $65-80 it will prob float but nothing lower than that.
I don't see much with PTON. They're even projecting a negative earnings soon. Are you thinking that folks will rush back to the gym?

Reactions: GHG

ManofOne

Plus Member
I love me oil stocks. I saw XOM and BP in the tank and snatched up a few K worth knowing that they'd bounce. I'm waiting on airlines to come back as well.

I don't see much with PTON. They're even projecting a negative earnings soon. Are you thinking that folks will rush back to the gym?

PTON will project negative earnings due to the recall but that will balance off in the longer run and its stock price will recover. What's evident is there is a growing segment that enjoys working out at home. Investment in gym equipment keeps on adding and beating expectations.

BFVG a company that I have investments in is a good sample of this. Under Armor stock (company I recently sold) and DXLG etc have also shown considerable beats in their performance.

Investment in the home gym is something that is gaining traction and PTON with it subscription and personalization appeals to those people. Especially the younger demographic.

ManofOne

Plus Member

Tapestry EPS beats by $0.20, beats on revenue​

• Tapestry (NYSE:TPR): FQ3 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.51 beats by $0.20; GAAP EPS of $0.32 beats by $0.03.
  • Revenue of $1.27B (+18.7% Y/Y) beats by $60M.
  • The company expects revenue for FY2021 to increase at a mid-teens rate Y/Y and operating income and EPS will also increase Y/Y.

ManofOne

Plus Member
how the hell is ETSY down 10.0% I have it an average price of 88.00

I'm gonna buy more if it goes down to the low 130s

GHG

Gold Member
how the hell is ETSY down 10.0% I have it an average price of 88.00

I'm gonna buy more if it goes down to the low 130s

Slowing growth projected.

Common thing with a lot of stocks that benefitted from the last 18 months and are priced in as if the growth from that period will be the norm going forward.

GHG

Gold Member
Maybe people don't want as many tchotchkes if they're not shut in?

Weren't masks sold on Etsy as well?

It stands to reason that for some of these companies they've reached a point where they have already reached market saturation (in terms of their target audience) and going forwards the focus needs to be on engagement rather than user growth.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Slowing growth projected.

Common thing with a lot of stocks that benefitted from the last 18 months and are priced in as if the growth from that period will be the norm going forward.

But even with slow growth, that's something that will smoothen off in the longer term. Ppl cray cray to sell thi stock

GHG

Gold Member
But even with slow growth, that's something that will smoothen off in the longer term. Ppl cray cray to sell thi stock

People are not being rational anymore unfortunately.

I'm sat here holding a massive bag of AMD at an average price of 83 despite their earnings being excellent. Easy to sit here now and say I should have sold on the earnings pop but based on what I was reading I was expecting new all time highs. Oh well.

GHG

Gold Member
Only things that are up for me today are silver, gold, commodities and cigarettes.

Wonderful.

Edit: Paypal is down as well now. Wat.

Last edited:
I'm long on BCRX but is there any reason not to trade it in the meantime? The chart keeps showing a ceiling in the 12s and then a dip back down into the 10s.

I figure if you want to try to trade it it probably range bound, but I hate trying to time these things so I’m just holding.

The sales were good and they just got approved for Europe and Japan is online so numbers will only improve.

They also got a favorable endpoint by the FDA for their factor D drug. This could go to $20 in the short term.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Peloton Interactive EPS beats by $0.10, beats on revenue​

• Peloton Interactive (NASDAQ:PTON): Q3 GAAP EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.10.
  • Revenue of $1.26B (+140.2% Y/Y) beats by $140M.
  • Q3 ending Connected Fitness Subscriptions grew 135% to over 2.08 million and paid Digital Subscriptions grew 404% to approximately 891,000; total Members grew to over 5.4 million.
  • Q3 Connected Fitness Subscription Workouts grew 239% to over 149.5 million, averaging 26.0 Monthly Workouts per Connected Fitness Subscription, versus 17.7 in the year-ago period • Q3 Average Net Monthly Connected Fitness Churn was 0.31%; Q3 12-month retention rate was 92%.

After hours down −1.63 (-1.95%)

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member

Peloton Interactive EPS beats by $0.10, beats on revenue​

• Peloton Interactive (NASDAQ:PTON): Q3 GAAP EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.10.
  • Revenue of $1.26B (+140.2% Y/Y) beats by $140M.
  • Q3 ending Connected Fitness Subscriptions grew 135% to over 2.08 million and paid Digital Subscriptions grew 404% to approximately 891,000; total Members grew to over 5.4 million.
  • Q3 Connected Fitness Subscription Workouts grew 239% to over 149.5 million, averaging 26.0 Monthly Workouts per Connected Fitness Subscription, versus 17.7 in the year-ago period • Q3 Average Net Monthly Connected Fitness Churn was 0.31%; Q3 12-month retention rate was 92%.

After hours down −1.63 (-1.95%)

Then puts be worth something tomm!!

ManofOne

Plus Member
So I looked at the data last night. The inflation trades are out performing the wider sectors.

Financials, commodities in particular. I expect that if inflation proves to be transitory, you will see a shift away from these types of stocks and back into tech.

Gonna put some more money into Berkshire.B

Top Bottom