• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member
ManofOne ManofOne Whats your take on Paypal? I know you had the at one point but I wasnt sure if you were still holding onto it. I want to stay in the sector but Paypal has been trading sideways since I got it.

Still holding onto it. I think its a good long term hold and its got first mover advantages in every respect alongside brand capital. The fact that its extending its features to accept alternative forms of payments is also a good add.

ITS 100% NOT A VALUE BUY. It trading at a premium of 37% above its estimated fair value so this more of a momentum and tech buy.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Still holding onto it. I think its a good long term hold and its got first mover advantages in every respect alongside brand capital. The fact that its extending its features to accept alternative forms of payments is also a good add.

ITS 100% NOT A VALUE BUY. It trading at a premium of 37% above its estimated fair value so this more of a momentum and tech buy.
Anything you can suggest in the banking area? I have been in LADR but i have read that its super risky and have only bought 10 shares or so.

GHG

People say the market is going to trade sideways for a while?

It will trade down before it goes sideways. So much speculation is already priced in to a lot of these stocks. Nowhere to hide either because of the run value stocks had in March.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dumped Grocery Outlet for a 10% gain in a month and half. I'll take it. Second time flipping GO.

Bought it near the IPO and sold last year for around a 30% gain late last year.

If GO drops back to the mid $30s, I'll rebuy. This stock has a $35-45 band.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I ended up averaging up too much on MSFT because I was only holding a few shares. Feels Bad Man. I'm in for the long haul on that one tho.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
ManofOne, I know we discussed this last year, but you got any picks at maybe $30-50 US or cheaper? (Especially ones that havent run up a lot the past year, although probably hard to find as every stock has rebounded).

I still got ON on my watch list but looking to diversify as I already got some tech stocks.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This drop is short term. Don't buy a rope just yet.
Im def not. Its just weird to see it dip so low after it was key in keeping me afloat.

I feel good about my portfolio at this point though. It feels solid considering I have only put $5500 in and am close to 9k. I have nothing to complain about.

ManofOne

Plus Member
ManofOne, I know we discussed this last year, but you got any picks at maybe $30-50 US or cheaper? (Especially ones that havent run up a lot the past year, although probably hard to find as every stock has rebounded).

I still got ON on my watch list but looking to diversify as I already got some tech stocks.

To be honest I am trimming positions now. I doing it now as we speak. I'm uncertain if Biden's tax plan will pass, at the moment it doesn't seem likely but still taking pre-cautions. I would actually trim positions on semi conductors and re evaluate them in Q4.

The supply chain issues seem to be affecting them heavily and while I think they're still a good long run play. There is a lot of uncertainty building up on the legislative arena and economic front.

If you bought ALLY i think you should be up 23% since my recommendation. That prob the only under $50 stock right now.

Reactions: GHG

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
To be honest I am trimming positions now. I doing it now as we speak. I'm uncertain if Biden's tax plan will pass, at the moment it doesn't seem likely but still taking pre-cautions. I would actually trim positions on semi conductors and re evaluate them in Q4.

The supply chain issues seem to be affecting them heavily and while I think they're still a good long run play. There is a lot of uncertainty building up on the legislative arena and economic front.

If you bought ALLY i think you should be up 23% since my recommendation. That prob the only under $50 stock right now.
I'm trimming too but holding onto some losers hoping to rebound.

I never touched ALLY as I already got a decent chunk in Power Financial.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Pass or Fail, how do you either scenario playing out?

The probability tree we created at work gives it a 43% chance of passing, especially if he gives SALT repeals

So we could. If it doesn't pass then the market will hit 4500, if it does pass then the market is stuck in the mud

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Does anybody know if the Biden tax plan passes it will cover capital gains sales this year or will it be starting next year?

dem

%P&L Day 2.84%
In one account anyway.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

dem

Still no split... :messenger_sleeping:

Hope it keeps some of the pop

I can't believe $FB held its 7% today :pie_moneyface:

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
THANK FOCKING U. FUCK YOU TWITTER.

I bought as much puts as I COULD

Twitter slides 8% as Q1 users, revenue come in largely as expected​

• Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) is 7.9% lower in early postmarket trading after first-quarter earnings showed a beat on profitability, but revenues and user numbers that were in line with expectations - a tough sell in a quarter of tech earnings blowouts.
  • The company also offered subdued Q2 revenue guidance in line with expectations.
  • Revenues rose 29% to $1.04B, largely as expected.
  • Those gains reflected "accelerating year-over-year growth in MAP revenue and brand advertising that improved throughout the quarter," says Chief Financial Officer Ned Segal. "Advertisers continue to benefit from updated ad formats, improved measurement, and new brand safety controls, contributing to 32% year-over-year growth in ad revenue in Q1."
  • And monetizable daily active users grew about 20% to 199M, vs. expectations that the company would hit the 200M mark this quarter. That figure was up 7M sequentially.
  • Average U.S. mDAU came to 38M, vs 33M a year ago; international mDAU were 162M, vs a previous 133M.
  • Costs and expenses rose just 21% to $984M, and so operating income swung to a gain of $52M vs. a year-ago loss of $7M. Operating margin was 5%.
  • And net income swung to a gain of $68M, vs. a year-ago loss of $8M.
  • Net cash from operations rose to $390M from a prior-year $247M.
  • For Q2, it's guiding to revenue of $980M-$1.08B (vs. consensus for $1.05B), and a GAAP operating loss of $170M to $120M.

Top Bottom