• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steampunk-inspired Metroidvania game SteamDolls: Order of Chaos coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in 2021

Bullet Club

Steampunk-inspired Metroidvania game SteamDolls: Order of Chaos coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in 2021

"Action, exploration, stealth, and blood."

49jBrLW.jpg

Top Hat Studios will publish SteamDolls: Order of Chaos, a steampunk-inspired Metroidvania game developed by France and Belgium-based The Shady Gentlemen, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2021, the company announced. A concept demo launched for PC via Steam in November 2019.

The Shady Gentlemen plans to launch a Kickstarter campaign for the game “soon.” Users sign-up to be notified of its launch via the link.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About

SteamDolls is a steampunk-inspired Metroidvania game with a grimy touch of brutality.

Blast your way to your objective or stick to the shadows and perform violent assassinations on unsuspecting guards as you struggle with the haunting apparitions of a mesmerizing witch trying to reveal the truth about a conspiracy that could shake the very foundation of the world.

Action, exploration, stealth, and blood.

Inspired by games like Castlevania and Hollow Knight. Nourished by the fury of Dead Cells and the gloom of Bloodborne. Lose yourself in a labyrinthine city, full of secrets and madness.

Key Features
  • 2D brutal fast paced Metroidvania in a steampunk universe.
  • Gruesome stealth kills.
  • A vast city to explore.
  • David Hayter (who voiced Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid) is the voice of The Whisper.
  • Hand-drawn cutscenes for the narrative parts.
Main Character

In SteamDolls, you assume the role of a cunning thief and anarchist known as “The Whisper” (voiced by David Hayter) and make your way through heavily secured environments.

Supporting Cast
You will encounter a flamboyant cast as you traverse the game.
  • A goddess of nature.
  • A rich immortal who wants to die.
  • A female gunslinger with deadly aim.
  • And others? Who’s to say…
Enemies

From the standard hired henchman who will be easily dispatched to the dangerous and disgusting mutated monster by a bio-mechanical virus, you have all kind of adversaries and deformed bosses in SteamDolls.

Watch the announcement trailer below.

Source: Gematsu

vkbest

2021 old gen game? No thanks.
Most games will release in current gen until 2022. Software sales never was so important than now, and the effect of coronavirus will slow down to upgrading to new machines

Besides this is a indie, most indies now could run even on Vita. You don’t need over 10 TFLOPS

Last edited:
Most games will release in current gen until 2022. Software sales never was so important than now, and the effect of coronavirus will slow down to upgrading to new machines

Besides this is a indie, most indies now could run even on Vita. You don’t need over 10 TFLOPS

Yeah I am aware of current gen games still being made till end of 2021 or so. My point is that it's not even on PS5 or XSX. Makes 0 sense to me to release a game in 2021 exclusive to old platforms and not even cross gen.

vkbest

Yeah I am aware of current gen games still being made till end of 2021 or so. My point is that it's not even on PS5 or XSX. Makes 0 sense to me to release a game in 2021 exclusive to old platforms and not even cross gen.

you can play PS4 games on PS5 and Xbox games on XSEX, what is the problem? Those graphics even Shouldn’t have problem to run to 4K on Pro and X.

Last edited:
Top Bottom