• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamDB releases top 10 best selling Steam games for the week of September 5-11 by revenue.

#1 Steam Deck
#2 Forza Horizon 4
#3 Red Dead Redemption 2
#4 Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
#5 NBA 2K23
#6 Cult of the Lamb
#7 Disney Dreamlight Valley
#8 Forza Horizon 5
#9 Titanfall® 2
#10 ELDEN RING

I feel like having Steam Deck included is cheating a bit since it's not really a "game" but it does show us that Steam Deck is selling enough to generate enough money to be number 1 two weeks in a row, so for whatever Valve's projections the Steam Deck is likely meeting them in sales.

Gamewise Forza Horizon 4 continues to be more popular on PC than Horizon 5, but Horizon 5 seems to be more popular on consoles as people move on from Horizon 4. I wonder why that is, I guess PC players prefer the gameplay of 4 and the low price helps.

Elden Ring is barely holding on to number 10, beaten by Titan Fall 2. that's a surprise.

Spiderman is doing well, the remaster from the Sony is holding its own on the charts, showing Jimmy boy made the right decision to expand the PlayStation ecosystem to PC.

GHG

Gold Member
Lots of shameless since the list is called Top 10 best selling Steam games.

Scummy as fuck.

The ranking has always been revenue based though, it was also the case long before they started selling hardware.

Why would you expect them to suddenly change it when it actually benefits them to keep things as they are?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Titanfall 2 is less than $5 right now.

Must have sold a ton of copies to be in the top 10.

Same for FH4. That one is extra odd as there's a newer game (which is also in the list).

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
[/URL]

Gamewise Forza Horizon 4 continues to be more popular on PC than Horizon 5, but Horizon 5 seems to be more popular on consoles as people move on from Horizon 4. I wonder why that is, I guess PC players prefer the gameplay of 4 and the low price helps.
Forza Horizon 4 was on sale for $20. I don’t think it’s more popular then FH5, it’s just cheaper for what’s arguably the same experience.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Happy to see Cult of the Lamb up there.

Elden Ring is just a monster. I don’t think it’s even been on sale yet?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Titanfall 2 is less than $5 right now.

Must have sold a ton of copies to be in the top 10.

Same for FH4. That one is extra odd as there's a newer game (which is also in the list).

FH4 is on sale

and also still getting new content? weird

Last edited:

Ogbert

Lots of shameless since the list is called Top 10 best selling Steam games.

Scummy as fuck.
How dare a company advertise its product favourably
on its own proprietary platform!!!

Hockey What GIF by Budweiser Canada

Forza Horizon 4 was on sale for $20. I don’t think it’s more popular then FH5, it’s just cheaper for what’s arguably the same experience.

Horizon 4 was ahead even before the sale. I think PC gamers just like Horizon 4 more, and when 5 had that one sale I don't recall it listing at all, but 4 seems to chart almost every time when there's a sale, and even at times without one, while I think Horizon 5 only did that near launch.

They get the information from Vale though, that's why Steam Deck was number 2 behind Lego Starwars in week 14, they just organize the data and list the ranks. Steam Deck has been number 1 on the charts ever since then.

and also still getting new content? weird

Why would that be weird? 4 only came out in late 2018, and the new game Horizon 5 came out less than a year ago.

Sophist

Would call this bullshit. Dota 2, Cs go, PUBG, and GTA5 are always in the top 10 sellers year after year. Destiny 2 also, i think.

RobRSG

They get the information from Vale though, that's why Steam Deck was number 2 behind Lego Starwars in week 14, they just organize the data and list the ranks. Steam Deck has been number 1 on the charts ever since then.
I know that, I was just pointing that out to the friend saying that this is a scummy practice from Valve.

Dutchy

You must not have been paying attention to the service game model gaming has been going in for years and player number retention.

Which Madden never has.
Can you name any other examples of games that have done this? (remakes / remasters excluded) I'm genuinely curious. I only remember BO3 still getting content after IW released. But only for zombie's since it was so massively popular, and it was only a couple months. FH4 getting content years after release and with a newer installment being out does strike me as weird too.

geary

Forza Horizon 4? How's that possible because i heard gamepass games does not have sale. I'm confused...

/sarcasm

Can you name any other examples of games that have done this? (remakes / remasters excluded) I'm genuinely curious. I only remember BO3 still getting content after IW released. But only for zombie's since it was so massively popular, and it was only a couple months. FH4 getting content years after release and with a newer installment being out does strike me as weird too.

Many games have support ongoing for the previous game, it's really only the annual or near annual AAA franchises that don't, and MS along you have Gears, Halo MCC, Horizon 4, Age of Empires 3, etc.

Top Bottom