• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have realized it was made by Avalanche's B team and not the JC2 one D:

Judging from this and Mad Max, maybe they don't have an A team anymore. Both games just completely embraced Ubisoft's Ubiworld ubigameplay ubisilliness, betraying the focus on dumb fun that made Just Cause 2 so great.

Dsyndrome

Anyone that pledged for Bard's Tale IV on Kickstarter, the original trilogy's available now.

The Bard's Tale Classic Trilogy Emulated & Forum Badge – Now Available!

During the initial Kickstarter campaign we were happy to announce the re-release of our Bard's Tale Classic Trilogy of games to our backers, coming in both emulated and remastered forms. We have now made the emulated version available to all applicable backers – if you're getting The Bard's Tale IV in any form with your pledge, that's you!
This release contains the original DOS versions running in DOSBox, and includes a custom launcher to make playing the games easy. Through the launcher, you can also do things like change graphics filtering to fit your perfect definition of "nostalgia", and transfer characters between the games without the hassle of swapping floppies.

To download it, visit your Rewards page after logging into your backer account, and look for the "Downloads" button on your specific reward that includes the Classic Trilogy. And if you haven't yet, now's a great time to register for your Bard's Tale IV backer account so that you will be able to access more rewards as they become available.
Speaking of rewards, Old Skuul and Rebecca Heineman are still hard at work on getting the remastered version of the classic Bard's Tale games available. We will let you know when we are ready to share them with you, but so far they are going well as we've shown in previous updates, with many new features taking shape, including updated music.
That's not the last of the rewards though. Our backer forum badge, which is available to all backers at the $5 level and above, is now available for use on our discussion forums!

When and where will we be able to see some data regards this exploration sale so that we can talk if the new system without dailies curbed or dragged sales?

Very interested in it since it's the first bigger sale I haven't bought anything and I believe it's to a big part to the changes. Can't be the only one.

When and where will we be able to see some data regards this exploration sale so that we can talk if the new system without dailies curbed or dragged sales?

Very interested in it since it's the first bigger sale I haven't bought anything and I believe it's to a big part to the changes. Can't be the only one.

I'm sure someone will be able to make something out of SteamSpy data once it's all updated.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I posted some of my thoughts about it here, based on API server data from Enhanced Steam. While obviously it can't track purchasing and such (as it doesn't collect any data on users) it definitely shows a difference vs previous sales.

Monooboe

I really hope Just Cause 3 follows Mad Max's pricing structure of dropping in price really quickly. I'd like to get it for about $20-$25.

I'm glad I got it preordered for 39 euros, will probably not play it until later though, as I just started AC Syndicate.

As for Mad Max, it's on top of my "buy during wintersale" list, hopefully it goes below 20 then.

Gamersyde reviewed Just Cause 3. Lot's of high-quality videos and screens.

On the plus side

+ A vast world
+ …and beautiful too
+ An impressive draw distance
+ Hitting the skies in the wingsuit
+ The wingsuit challenges
+ The physics based destruction engine and impressive explosions
+ No more Quick Time Events
+ Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
+ Did I mention fun?

On the down side

- No more sprinting and no rolling to dodge
- No mini-map on the HUD
- Land based vehicle, motorcycles – the absolute worst
- Uneven visuals
- Performance dips on PS4
- Loading, loading, loading, loading – do I have to "press play on tape" here or what?!

snakebird_2015_11_30_kcu3x.png

almost got stuck on this level, that was so fucking hard

Accoun

I haven't really been keeping up with Handmade Hero (a series of livestreams where an experienced programmer codes a 2D game from scratch 1 hour a day every day) recently, but it turns out they have a small convention now. And you know, the lineup is interesting: http://mollyrocket.com/news_0006.html

• Tommy Refenes (Super Meat Boy)
  • Mike Acton (Insomniac Games lead programmer)
  • Pat Wyatt (Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Guild Wars)
  • Jonathan Blow (Braid, The Witness)
  • Ron Gilbert (I hope I don't need to list his works)

Sure, it's mainly a programming event. But still, I look forward to spending 5th December listening to people talking about stuff I'm too stupid to understand.

Soulflarz

Banned
fine guys ill look at snakb-ew
that artstyle

im not touching that

also being a little kid whos Ron Gilbert I only know the name :V

(Okay I saw from google but yes i had to google)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I really meant it with the "pls help" about Lost Planet 2 btw :p
Someone gift it to me and I'll send the required bucks via Paypal right away.

Judging from this and Mad Max, maybe they don't have an A team anymore. Both games just completely embraced Ubisoft's Ubiworld ubigameplay ubisilliness, betraying the focus on dumb fun that made Just Cause 2 so great.
Not only just that, but while Mad Max is an excellent performing game as per the standard set by previous Avalanche games, it doesn't seem to be the case with JC3 :(

I really hope Just Cause 3 follows Mad Max's pricing structure of dropping in price really quickly. I'd like to get it for about $20-$25.
That price drop trajectory is more due to WB though, even if Squeenix games tend to drop in price quite fast.

Gamersyde reviewed Just Cause 3. Lot's of high-quality videos and screens.
Faith restored :D
At least on the "fun" part!

That feeling when you realize you just bought a Bundle Stars bundle you already had.
Hah, been there done that but worse.
Bought the same set of bundles twice

So, Just Cause 3 is not running that well on PC as well, it seems.
Disappointing.
My laptop is a bit below minimum, will report how well it does when I install it :p

Vamphuntr

Why would you take out sprinting? It's well established that the fastest normal speed, is never fast enough for players.

After playing it for one hour, they want you to glide + parachute instead it seems. When you hook to something you can do a somersault and take out your parachute.

EDIT : Oh and game running well for me. I7 4790k, GTX 970 16 GB ram. Everything on max except shadow and lod on high and the game runs at 60 FPS even during explosions @ 1080p

Just Cause 3 has not left a good first impression on me.

Game starts at 720p and you have to wait through an annoying online login (even if you choose to skip it) and the full game loading before you can even get to the main menu.

The menu options are adequate but nowhere near exhaustive. JC2 had far more options than this game has and if I remember correctly they had some cutting edge graphical features back then. Even the keybinds to control menus are daft. Ctrl to go back instead of Esc? H and Y to rebind keys to defaults? Who came up with that scheme.

Anyway the game itself runs at 60fps with everything max (except shadows and LOD I think) on a 4670k/970. First mission is twenty minutes long and has four or five objectives. One of them is to kill all soldiers in an area and then a helicopter flies in to continue. Except in my case that helicopter didn't trigger even after I had killed everyone. Had to reload a checkpoint and repeat. Sure, it only took 45 seconds to do that, but yea, the first mission of the game broke for me.

And in general, it does not look anywhere as good as I was expecting it to. I remember being super impressed with the graphics and scale of JC2 when I first saw it. This one, not so much. I'd say Far Cry 4 looks much better than this.

I don't mean to sound overly negative for a game I've only played for 25 minutes but... first impression is not good.

Granjinha

Strange thing about JC3 being a bad port. I mean, Mad Max is incredible performance wise and Square Enix (western side) generally takes good care of it's PC audience.

EDIT: Dude you're making me want to buy Snakebird

I'm gonna hate you for that

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
December thread titles - go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom