• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

But everyone's done that already, and picked up the soundtrack DLC so they can get a lossless FLAC version by emailing proof of purchase to Supergiant Games.

you can do this?

I'm not buying DLC shit because fuck paying for .mp3

but I'm game for this

to7eUzk.png

everyone needs to buy at least 4 copies of Snakebird

And you haven't played it yet?

2349831-whatswrong.gif

Seriously - it was like #8 on the SteamGAF GotY vote last year
and my personal #1

I have it, still haven't played for more than twenty minutes

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Second and last time I'll post this.

Experimenting to get a little freebie game, Red Haze, on Steam.

It's a semi-sequel to another game I got on Steam, Close Your Eyes, and follows something akin to Red Riding Hood. Like CYE, the focus is more on the audio design, game design, and narrative, since I am no artist. Though happy CYE was well recieved.

But Greenlight is such a system to work with, I understand it but dislike it. You basically need to whore yourself out to bring attention to your project. I am thankful for anyone who decides to at least take a look at it.

Jawmuncher

Second and last time I'll post this.

Experimenting to get a little freebie game, Red Haze, on Steam.

It's a semi-sequel to another game I got on Steam, Close Your Eyes, and follows something akin to Red Riding Hood. Like CYE, the focus is more on the audio design, game design, and narrative, since I am no artist. Though happy CYE was well recieved.

But Greenlight is such a system to work with, I understand it but dislike it. You basically need to whore yourself out to bring attention to your project. I am thankful for anyone who decides to at least take a look at it.

I knew as soon as I heard the announcer that it was a sequel or prequel.

Dusk Golem

I knew as soon as I heard the announcer that it was a sequel or prequel.

Shhhh, though I also am designing it in mind that some who will play it will have not played Close Your Eyes, but there are some connections, The Host being the most obvious one.

Speaking of CYE and The Host, I have really enjoyed some of the fan art people have drawn. Here's a piece someone pointed me towards yesterday I quite enjoyed, includes most of CYE's characters.

CVBl0srUkAE3ZL6.png

I'm happy, it's actually received more fan art than I would of expected, and a couple people even made costumes based off of Marshmallow Monk, which I was happy about. ;3;

Jawmuncher

Shhhh, though I also am designing it in mind that some who will play it will have not played Close Your Eyes, but there are some connections, The Host being the most obvious one.

Speaking of CYE and The Host, I have really enjoyed some of the fan art people have drawn. Here's a piece someone pointed me towards yesterday I quite enjoyed, includes most of CYE's characters.

CVBl0srUkAE3ZL6.png

I'm happy, it's actually received more fan art than I would of expected, and a couple people even made costumes based off of Marshmallow Monk, which I was happy about. ;3;
Nice.
TMNT by Platinu. Dayum.

Sounds fantastic, but I'm a bit Turtle-shy after that trashcan of a game Out of the Shadows

I think the bigger thing to take note is at this point, Platinum seems to be Acti's go to for their licensed fare now. What else does Acti have the right's too? Did they get all of X-Men or Just the rerelease of Deadpool? We know they have Spiderman. Acti & Plati should be pumping out some decent license fare so long as they keep the budget of T:D. I know some people like it but, Korra was a stain on Plati if you ask me.

Dusk Golem

I know I heard of Snakebird somewhere in the past (probably this topic), but this does seem like a sudden boom in popularity. Did something happen?

Kriken

I think the bigger thing to take note is at this point, Platinum seems to be Acti's go to for their licensed fare now. What else does Acti have the right's too? Did they get all of X-Men or Just the rerelease of Deadpool? We know they have Spiderman. Acti & Plati should be pumping out some decent license fare so long as they keep the budget of T:D. I know some people like it but, Korra was a stain on Plati if you ask me.

I would kill for a Deadpool game designed by Platinum
someone else can write it though

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I just learned that Lost Planet 2 got its first discount in forever for this sale, and I can't buy it because fuck you region locking :(

pls halp

Catshade

I just learned that Lost Planet 2 got its first discount in forever for this sale, and I can't buy it because fuck you region locking :(

pls halp

Which also makes no sense, since Lost Planet 1 and 3 aren't region-locked to hell and back. I guess it's just Capcom being Capcom...

Sarcasm

I am in such a bad spot coming back to Dark Souls due to forgetting how to play.

I am in the middle of Duke's Archives. I don't even remember why I was farming there...

Pachimari

Nothing's worth buying on the last day. I won't buy the DLC for Bioshock Infinite, The Evil Within or the Scholar of the First Sin upgrade until l have at least completed the original games.

Dr Dogg

Capcom published, PlatinumGames developed, Kamiya directed, PC exclusive of Viewtiful Joe 3, Okami 2 or DMC 5 would probably damage GAF beyond repair.

Pachimari

It's really frustrating to me, that I can't focus on one game at a time, and completing that one game before going on to the next one. But I'm kinda jumping left and right, trying one game for an hour, and then eventually playing something else, mixing it up with Fifa, and a bit of DriveClub here, and a new game purchase there.

I fail at gaming.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's really frustrating to me, that I can't focus on one game at a time, and completing that one game before going on to the next one. But I'm kinda jumping left and right, trying one game for an hour, and then eventually playing something else, mixing it up with Fifa, and a bit of DriveClub here, and a new game purchase there.

I fail at gaming.

I typically think of gaming like I think of seasons of TV shows. I (usually) don't just sit down and watch an entire season of a TV show from start to finish without watching other stuff in between. Most of the time, especially for newer network shows, that's nearly impossible anyway. In the same way, I typically don't sit down and play through a single game from start to finishing without starting something else or picking up another game that I've played previously. This is just as true (for me, at least) with episodic games as it is for other genres: especially RPGs. Having multiple games in a series is like having multiple seasons of a TV show.

And, just like TV shows, sometimes I'll watch a few episodes and the show won't really "grab" me the way I thought it would initially. And that's okay. I take it for what it's worth, and move on to watching something else. Maybe I'll pick that other show back up at some point, maybe I won't. I treat games the same way. And it happens sometimes where I pick up a game I've not played in a long time but can't remember what happened previously, and I'll start the whole thing over again if it's worth doing. And that's okay too.

Basically - don't let people tell you what's an acceptable way to consume your media. Do what works best for you, both with gaming and other things like TV shows/books/whatever.

Monooboe

Oh man having one of those nights... I get tired, go to bed, fall asleep, sleep for 40 minutes and wake up fully refreshed.T_T Well lets play some Syndicate.:D

Dr Dogg

Gaming to me is like takeaway pizza. You order a good one you can woof it all down in one good. Maybe even want to share it with friends or family. The ones you really enjoy could also involve some smaller side dishes or deserts as well. Sometimes you might not feel like gorging yourself to indegestionville so you stick the rest in the fridge to eat for breakfast the next day. The horrible ones you have a taste then feed it to you dog or happily give it away and chalk it up as money wasted. Also sweetcorn ruins everything, games and pizza.

I may or may not be a genius with that analogy.

Gaming to me is like takeaway pizza. You order a good one you can woof it all down in one good. Maybe even want to share it with friends or family. The ones you really enjoy could also involve some smaller side dishes or deserts as well. Sometimes you might not feel like gorging yourself to indegestionville so you stick the rest in the fridge to eat for breakfast the next day. The horrible ones you have a taste then feed it to you dog or happily give it away and chalk it up as money wasted. Also sweetcorn ruins everything, games and pizza.

It mostly works if you are only talking about AAA games that are a one time deal usually.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

So you're saying games are pretty bad after you stick them in the fridge?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Which also makes no sense, since Lost Planet 1 and 3 aren't region-locked to hell and back. I guess it's just Capcom being Capcom...
Region locking in general makes no sense :(

GFWL related probably.
Likely, although LP1 Colonies Edition is not locked, and that one is GFWL too.

Too late, already preordered.

Should have realized it was made by Avalanche's B team and not the JC2 one D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom