• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best we have is what SteamBot says: the mean/median profile levels are 9 and 7, respectively, based on data sourced from approximately 3.9m accounts.

Hmmm. Then I agree with you on the fact that keeping foil drops restricted to level 10+ users would have make quite a bit of a difference!

EDIT:
My best one was a foil from a game almost nobody bought.
In the end, it sold at 5$ but I had it up for sale for about half a year =/

I probably made more than that 5$ with all the low value cards I sold in 6 months.

I think that I made around 7€ once. but that's it. A friend of mine sold one for 13€. Which is -unthinkable- nowadays.

Messiah

I wish you could set any level of badges you crafted for display in the badges showcase. Sometimes level 5 Badges look way worse than lower level ones.

Mr. Doop

I probably made more than that 5$ with all the low value cards I sold in 6 months.

My highest foil was a system shock 2 card that I got about 50 cents for.

How many cards was that though? Most cards I have go from like 0.04 to 0.08 with the odd foil being about 0.20 average.

Since yesterday morning at 1 AM, about 240 sold-through, with another 200-300 in the market. Not to mention the eight or so foils, at $0.30 a pop. Normal cards I've sold range in price from $0.04-0.22.

Hektor

The most expansive card i sold was a foil tusk from the dota 2 set for 15€, back in the day when the cards where brand new. Good ol' times.

Li Kao

Okay, SteamGaf, help me in my darkest time ! (not really)
Full disclosure, I already sorta talked about this and the verdict was trash it, but hey it would be a little sad to me so if we could find a way...

So...
1/ I'm quite interested in the idea of streaming things to my bedroom. The main push is that I never really clicked with Visual Novels but I suspect a part of it is due to the whole sitting at desk reading for 50 hours.

2/ I tried to stream games to my ipad, I tried Splastop and Kino Console. Shit, shit everywhere. Kino Console seemingly only work with gamepad supported games and after a first attempt Splashtop never acknowledged that my PC and Ipad are on the same network (Streaming overt the Internet is a paid feature. Like I will fucking pay to stream something over what, 10 meters ?).

3/ So my only hope is the most pitiful heap of dung I ever owned, from day one. A portable PC... well if you're nice you can call it that.

Acer Aspire 3613WLMi
Intel Celeron M processor 370 (1.5ghz, 400mhz FSB, 1mb L2 cache)
512mb DDR2

So what says you, SteamGaf ? Is there a way to transform this slow pile of shit into something usable ? I can't even play most of Steam VN natively if the recommended specs are to be believed (512mb DDR2 is light ^_^).

Isn't Linux a lightweight OS ?
Could it be used for Steam streaming ?

Basically this is the last chance operation before the dumpster for the thing.
And I have no other way to stream things to my bedroom.

I got a Doom & Destiny foil that sold for $7 not to long ago. I have no idea why it sold for so much, the only reason might be that it is called Japan!

In fact, it looks like mine was the last to sell and you can now get one for 30 cents, I hope the guy who bought mine wasn't trying to invest for the future!

anyone know why bayo was banned?
Man, first Snake gets juniored, now nito banned.
The
E3
times are a changing.
Absolutely wonderful.
How come you don't have a tag?
You are a long-time member, generally funny and not too dickish.
Witcher 3 is so yesterday.

Splatoon is the new hotness.
When it comes on the better gaming platform, I'll think about it.
Man, this thread took a nosedive after the last summer sale. I can't wait to see what happens this year.
As someone who got here just before summer 2014
kuaguo.png

I know nothing but darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i sold one card once for like 26 dollars? or osmething?

most i've gotten was from that doto sword thingie that came with my mouse that someone payed like 57 dollars for

i felt kind of guilty both times but i guess ppl with that amount of disposable income need the money less than i do ;_;

baterism

Okay, SteamGaf, help me in my darkest time ! (not really)
Full disclosure, I already sorta talked about this and the verdict was trash it, but hey it would be a little sad to me so if we could find a way...

So...
1/ I'm quite interested in the idea of streaming things to my bedroom. The main push is that I never really clicked with Visual Novels but I suspect a part of it is due to the whole sitting at desk reading for 50 hours.

2/ I tried to stream games to my ipad, I tried Splastop and Kino Console. Shit, shit everywhere. Kino Console seemingly only work with gamepad supported games and after a first attempt Splashtop never acknowledged that my PC and Ipad are on the same network (Streaming overt the Internet is a paid feature. Like I will fucking pay to stream something over what, 10 meters ?).

3/ So my only hope is the most pitiful heap of dung I ever owned, from day one. A portable PC... well if you're nice you can call it that.

Acer Aspire 3613WLMi
Intel Celeron M processor 370 (1.5ghz, 400mhz FSB, 1mb L2 cache)
512mb DDR2

So what says you, SteamGaf ? Is there a way to transform this slow pile of shit into something usable ? I can't even play most of Steam VN natively if the recommended specs are to be believed (512mb DDR2 is light ^_^).

Isn't Linux a lightweight OS ?
Could it be used for Steam streaming ?

Basically this is the last chance operation before the dumpster for the thing.
And I have no other way to stream things to my bedroom.

You just remind me that I haven't test Kainy on my Mipad.

I just tested it, streaming Narcissu from my laptop through my bottom-tier router to my Mipad.

It turned out better than I expected. The image is quite nice, I don't know the fps but surely good enough for VNs, the sounds is perfect, the emulated mouse button is rather pain but still usable. I use ads-version, I might bought the premium for further test.

I don't know if there is Kainy app for iPad. Another apps with similiar function that I remmber is TeamViewer.

Li Kao

You just remind me that I haven't test Kainy on my Mipad.

I just tested it, streaming Narcissu from my laptop through my bottom-tier router to my Mipad.

It turned out better than I expected. The image is quite nice, I don't know the fps but surely good enough for VNs, the sounds is perfect, the emulated mouse button is rather pain but still usable. I use ads-version, I might bought the premium for further test.

I don't know if there is Kainy app for iPad. Another apps with similiar function that I remmber is TeamViewer.

Nope, no Kainy for iOS at the moment.
You're right to remind me of Teamviewer, I'm kinda soured on streaming apps but I will try it.

Absolutely wonderful.

For some reason, this reminds me of Nintendo in the 80s/90s.
Doesn't really fit the morningbus I know. ;)

How come you don't have a tag?
You are a long-time member, generally funny and not too dickish.

I know nothing but darkness.

(1) Tags just happen. Nobody really controls that shit. You could be here for 2 weeks and get a tag or be here for 10 years and not get one.

(2) You were born it, alright.

zkylon

zkylewd
croixleur sigma is weird, i kinda expect a great deal of repetition from like arena fighters like these but this is not very much fun

like mitsurugi kamui hikae was more fun for some reason, was a bit more complex and they had bosses pretty often and i duno

will try a bit more of this later when i have some sleep on me

croixleur sigma is weird, i kinda expect a great deal of repetition from like arena fighters like these but this is not very much fun

like mitsurugi kamui hikae was more fun for some reason, was a bit more complex and they had bosses pretty often and i duno

will try a bit more of this later when i have some sleep on me

i would say that croixleur is shorter and less complex than mitsurugi , thats also due to the fact that the variety of the moves depends in the 4 weapons you choose making your moves limited

Parsnip

Li Kao

Nope, no Kainy for iOS at the moment.
You're right to remind me of Teamviewer, I'm kinda soured on streaming apps but I will try it.

Teamviewer isn't working for me. The iOS app can't seem to change resolution. Keeps getting back to 'adjust' mode. Fuck these Streaming apps ( 'T_T)

baterism

Teamviewer isn't working for me. The iOS app can't seem to change resolution. Keeps getting back to 'adjust' mode. Fuck these Streaming apps ( 'T_T)

That's a shame. I remember testing it months ago using my iPad1. I thought it was crap (lagfest) because of my old iPad. But at least I remember it working. What device do you have?

Miguel81

The Tower of Fate: Ascent from Shovel Knight is really kicking my butt(new game+). Just trying to beat a certain amount of bosses before using the ichor, since you lose them even after restarting at the checkpoint. This is gonna be a while...

Benedict

What time-format do Steam use?
Is it the proper Day/Month/Year och illogical and crazy Month/Day/Year?

I have a coupon that says: Valid until 6/9/2015, 8:59:00 AM

Hoping it lasts to September...

all the weapons seem to have the exact same moves?

no , the weapons have different special moves , some work in the ground and some in the air ( you can see what the weapons do in the description if i remember correctly) , for example you can select the 4 weapons in a specific order to do combos

Li Kao

That's a shame. I remember testing it months ago using my iPad1. I thought it was crap (lagfest) because of my old iPad. But at least I remember it working. What device do you have?

Yup, from the little I used it I can totally see the lagfest.
To answer your question I use an Ipad 4, and I can totally understand that the problem lies in the differing resolutions between PC and Ipad, still, the resolution option keeping coming back to adjust doesn't help. In fact I achieved some semblance of fullscreen by launching the app in landscape mode, but then it sees that things are working too good and... adjust. Strange.

baterism

Yup, from the little I used it I can totally see the lagfest.
To answer your question I use an Ipad 4, and I can totally understand that the problem lies in the differing resolutions between PC and Ipad, still, the resolution option keeping coming back to adjust doesn't help. In fact I achieved some semblance of fullscreen by launching the app in landscape mode, but then it sees that things are working too good and... adjust. Strange.

There might be a work around of that, but don't know much about TeamViewer and iOS, sorry.

I just tested Kinoni. Eh, it was great. I was delightfully surprised. Not perfect, but quite good. It auto detect my Ipega and emulate it as 360 pad perfectly. The image quality could be better, the sounds is good enough.
I tested it with Spelunky. I passed Mine level at least. I could see it works a lot better by using better router + direct link between router and computer using ethernet cable + pro version.

Also, really easy to set-up.

Make me wonder, is it worth it to invest on a cheap 5ghz router? I spot one on local store for around $70. I don't need wide area, just 10m radius. Can I expect 720p30fps? Anyone have tried it before?

zkylon

zkylewd
no , the weapons have different special moves , some work in the ground and some in the air ( you can see what the weapons do in the description if i remember correctly) , for example you can select the 4 weapons in a specific order to do combos

hmm i guess i didn't fully understand teh controls then

will try some more another day

Nabs

nope, I've never played the nes game though, only played the demo for the remake

Rearmed is one of the best HD Remake I've played. Anyone who enjoys side-scrollers should give it a shot. If you hate side-scrollers, then uh... check out the Viklund soundtrack and play it in Audiosurf or something. I don't even want to know how many hours I have in AS w/ this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom