• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam just reached 31,1 million concurrent users. Thanksgiving festivities and this time of the year in addition to the multiple Autumn/Black Friday s

feynoob

Banned
No one can stop this engine.
money shot GIF

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Imagine not playing on PC in 2022. I can’t bear the thought.
The thread is about playing on Steam, not just playing on PC. The fact that you automatically equated PC gaming with only Steam reminds me of the Steam hardware charts and nvidia basically having a monopoly. Steam is awesome but I’m concerned what happens if they start to get greedy someday… I.e. see nvidia lately

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
this is outstanding! its like if almost at one point every si gle canadian citizen is playing. crazy

ssringo

For the first time I wasn't one of the faceless during a record setting number for Steam.

If Genshin Impact ever makes its way to Steam (Deck)...

Holammer

For the first time I wasn't one of the faceless during a record setting number for Steam.

If Genshin Impact ever makes its way to Steam (Deck)...
Genshin's been EGS "exclusive" for 17 months now, League of Legends & Valorant 12 months.
If they intend to get on Steam at all, it should happen soon™.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I was scouring Steam and GOG all last night looking for this indie budget game which I couldnt find. Maybe it got removed. I checked RPG and Strategy. It's a top down view game, relatively modern release and characters/enemies have a graphics inside a square icon like grid based gameplay. It wasnt a super cartoony game. The visuals were kind of gritty. It was an indie budget game. I was thinking it might be deck building game but I dont think it is.

Last edited:

chixdiggit

I was scouring Steam and GOG all last night looking for this indie budget game which I couldnt find. Maybe it got removed. I checked RPG and Strategy. It's a top down view game, relatively modern release and characters/enemies have a graphics inside a square icon like grid based gameplay. It wasnt a super cartoony game. The visuals were kind of gritty. It was an indie budget game. I was thinking it might be deck building game but I dont think it is.
Into the Breach?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Into the Breach?
Nope. But appreciate the suggestion.

It fainty resembled something like Conquest of Elysium 5 (top down game where characters/enemies could be different square sizes, but the visuals were way better resembling something from Pathfinder production values). The graphics were literally 2D square icon images too. No 3D or isometric at all. I even remember a YT of it and enemies and magic characters are shooting magic rays at each other. It had a typical medieval and monsters setting. So not futuristic.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Recently joined pc masterrace. Feels nice being here.
As a console gamer, but dabbled with Steam and GOG for the first time during Xmas 2020. It's funny because everyone know PC games are cheaper, but you dont really think of it much until you actually check the PC sites and buy them with real money. Then it really hits home. There's so many games across genres the lists go on forever. I dont even buy full budget PC games since my laptop isn't powerful enough to handle them (I want to try Gloomhaven but my specs cant run it), but even buying indie priced games I still pay half price compared to the Xbox store.

MikeM

As a console gamer, but dabbled with Steam and GOG for the first time during Xmas 2020. It's funny because everyone know PC games are cheaper, but you dont really think of it much until you actually check the PC sites and buy them with real money. Then it really hits home. There's so many games across genres the lists go on forever. I dont even buy full budget PC games since my laptop isn't powerful enough to handle them (I want to try Gloomhaven but my specs cant run it), but even buying indie priced games I still pay half price compared to the Xbox store.
The sales right now are wild. I saw a Steam deal for all Fear games for $6 CAD. Fucking wow… and I missed a ton of older games because how shit they ran on console. I’m in heaven right now running older games at full 4k 120 on my OLED with autoHDR.

Crayon

I spent 32 hours playing on steam over the thanksgiving break.... Every spare minute, really. It was great. Would have sucked to go into the holiday not in the mood to play anything!!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Never forget the Decker. I'm playing more than I've been able to since 15 years ago.

I out 25 hours into Tactics Ogre and got burned out after the barrels and such felt reptitious. That game is missing something FF Tactics just nailed for me.

Now I'm already 12 hours into DQ11 DE and that's just in the past week. That's a lot for me.

dcx4610

Steam doesn't let down. And Ubisoft's return hasn't even been counting yet.
Didn't hear about this. Nice to know. I'm so burned out of Assassin Creed games but I DO have them all on Steam with exception of Valhalla. Will be nice to have them all in one place.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who knew offering gamers a giant list of games with good prices, great deal prices and a customer friendly refund policy would work wonders for user base. What a concept!

It's amazing since Steam dominates PC e-stores and sites like GOG focus on oldies. And Epic is a fraction of the store size. You'd think Gabe would dial up the notch on greediness, but it's status quo with their product and pricing strategy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom