• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarYusaf

Pretty much this. In gaming terms I'd say VR is still at the Atari 2600 phase - lots of initial hype and investment in something new (home video games) that has been churning out more garbage than gems because of it. Combined with high prices, it's still not a viable mainstream market.

In a few years we'll probably see a combination of factors come together (lower price, better technology, more advanced software, experienced developers) that will culminate in the devices becoming successful.

Wasn't there a massive industry crash in between getting from those points A to B?

Aaron D.

ODynye9.gif

Hope everyone enjoys the Summer Sale.

Don't let the, This Sale Sucks Why No 99% Off?!?!?! sentiments dissuade you.

It's the best time ever to be enjoying Seam Sales. :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I thought we were past the Atari Shock phase already.

Why would you say that?

Wasn't there a massive industry crash in between getting from those points A to B?

There was. Of course I'm no futurist, but I expect one or more of the current market players (Valve, Sony, Oculus) probably won't adapt or adapt quickly enough when change comes, resulting in their entire walled garden catalog of previous purchases to become essentially worthless or at the very least relegated to obscurity.

Monooboe

Biggest push for VR seemed to be in the Apple keynote, even with a live demo. So either it's healthy outside gaming sphere or it's dying and trying to reach out?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Tizoc with that premature posting tech.

What's the OS? Oops into posting a godlike sale thread seems like a pretty good one. =)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

jshackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom