• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

280px-ChicoBriefing.png
I don't understand what Saoirse has to do with FF13. Feel like the odd one out.

Ops. This is from MGS but the other one is from FF13 I think. Makes me even more confused, hah.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
STEAM | July 2015 - Rise of the Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars!

Tempting, considering we will only be featuring 3 games in next month's OP.

I don't understand what Saoirse has to do with FF13. Feel like the odd one out.

Ops. This is from MGS but the other one is from FF13 I think. Makes me even more confused, hah.

thats chico from the best mgs games that are currently available to the public, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker :)

Shade

If someone's got the time to check, I am unable to buy Ramayana, can anyone confirm?

Everytime I add it to my cart and go to purchase, I just get "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Other purchases works fine. It's been that way for a few days. Usually if I get that error I wait a few hours and am able to complete my purchase. This one however persists regardless.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If someone's got the time to check, I am unable to buy Ramayana, can anyone confirm?

Everytime I add it to my cart and go to purchase, I just get "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Other purchases works fine. It's been that way for a few days. Usually if I get that error I wait a few hours and am able to complete my purchase. This one however persists regardless.

Purchases have been disallowed.

28 days ago
Changed status – 0 › 2 (Unavailable)

Steam's backend isn't "smart enough" to know when subs have been made unavailable. Given the option, well, exists, it's a bit silly that Steam's checkout system simply doesn't say that the publisher has elected to disallow purchases.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, it's a videogame question afterall, but is Terraria these days (especially with this patch) more of a "proper" game or is it still one of those "here you can do a bunch of shit I dunno figure it out" type things?

Terraria's always had a suggested linear upgrade path and a loose idea of what order to do things and defeat bosses in. The updates have always sorta supported that with adding more and more "endgame" content, a Hardcore mode you have to unlock, and now an "Expert" mode. But it's never going to be like a Metroidvania with level designs and a three-act storymode, if that's what you mean.

It doesn't have achievements or cards, so it can't have changed much.

I feel like I might be missing a joke. It got cards awhile ago and this update just added achievements.

Kagemusha

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, it's a videogame question afterall, but is Terraria these days (especially with this patch) more of a "proper" game or is it still one of those "here you can do a bunch of shit I dunno figure it out" type things?

It's "here you can do a bunch of shit I dunno figure it out yourselft" unless they added quests but I haven't heard anyone say that. Its basically you digging down and around until you find enough random loot to craft armor and weapons to fight one of the many bosses.

JaseC

STEAM | July 2015 - 160 threads later and there's nothing but salt

Edit: I let the joke get the better of me; it would make more sense as the title for September. If your response is, "I don't get it!", watch Mad Max: Fury Road. Oh, and, yeah, there's a Mad Max coming out on September 1st. It doesn't have a store page yet, though.

Steam | July 2015 - Patrolling the New Releases almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Ah, didn't know. It wasn't showing achievements in my client, and it doesn't appear on my badge page. Maybe now I'll actually play it.

Yeah pretty much.

STEAM | July 2015 - Wait till August
STEAM | July 2015 - Steam will resume normal service in August

Caerith

STEAM | July 2015 - 160 threads later and there's nothing but salt

Edit: I let the joke get the better of me; it would make more sense as the title for September. If your response is, "I don't get it!", watch Mad Max: Fury Road. Oh, and, yeah, there's a Mad Max coming out on September 1st. It doesn't have a store page yet, though.

STEAM | July 2015 - If it's in a game or it's in your head, you can't escape the GAF Steam Thread

Because Aussie movies right.

Shade

Purchases have been disallowed.

Steam's backend isn't "smart enough" to know when subs have been made unavailable. Given the option, well, exists, it's a bit silly that Steam's checkout system simply doesn't say that the publisher has elected to disallow purchases.

Interesting, never even saw that. Chalk that up to another Steam oddity. Thanks for confirming.

You would think that the publisher after going through the effort of re-adding the store page, would fix that as well. Wonder if it's a mistake and they forgot (or are unaware) or it's just misguided hope since I want to purchase it now hah.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm writing a bunch of stuff for next month's OP so that we have more than three games featured... it was kinda sad really.

JaseC

Interesting, never even saw that. Chalk that up to another Steam oddity. Thanks for confirming.

You would think that the publisher after going through the effort of re-adding the store page, would fix that as well. Wonder if it's a mistake and they forgot (or are unaware) or it's just misguided hope since I want to purchase it now hah.

Yeah, that is a bit odd. I suppose it's for the sake of those who own the game and wish to know more about it.

Edit: Haha, "game", not "joke". That was an honest mistake.

rtcn63

Since no one wants to help me, and I heard something about cars and mad max or something and I'm sleepy as fuck

Steam | July-August 2015 - It's a Car-eul Cruel Summer...

Steam | September 2015 - ... In a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World

(Or 'Mad Max World' I don't care I'll forget this in the morning)

Ozium

I need more Bible games on Steam

where's El Shaddai?

edit: also I really want a Mahabharata game, it could feature gambling, epic battles, Krishna could be your guide
I named my SMT4 character 'Arjuna'

yuraya

Steam | July 2015 - Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back

Also has there been any news for the release date of Megaman collection? I really don't like how capcom just says "summer" and goes silent afterwards. Gimme release date damn it.

Random questions..

Is there a list of early access games that have successfully made it to "finished game" status? Is there even a time limit agreement/rule from Valve?
Because it seems that some, if not most, early access games are just content with their current status.

JustLynx

Good morning :D
Just woke up and found my key of Supreme League of Patriots in the mail!
they came through and gave me a key even though i got the game from the nvidia promotion!

so if you have sent them mails, check your email

Grief.exe

Random questions..

Is there a list of early access games that have successfully made it to "finished game" status? Is there even a time limit agreement/rule from Valve?
Because it seems that some, if not most, early access games are just content with their current status.

I think people don't realize how game development progresses, especially in a small team.

The nature of software development means that progress will comes slow, but people are wired to expect instant gratification.

I see so many posts on GAF that specifically target Early Access and Kickstarter as negative things, but the data seems to scream the opposite. The majority of Early Access games putter along on their development schedules, many end up releasing, and many go on to be some of the highest rated releases on Steam. By extension, the Kickstarter program has been very successful as well, but people tend to remember the failed products.

iyKAtrxrrKxgn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom