• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck | General Review Thread

Deerock71

As a consumer this makes Switch obsolete for me as I have little interest in their first party.
Seeing comments justifying the oled screen or the og switch battery life makes me think someone is trying to defend their favourite corporation/toy.
I recently got done with Witcher 3 on switch and that drained my battery in max 2 hrs, the rest of my gametime being plugged in.
I couldn’t care less for the oled screen, as burn in is still a thing, so I kind of appreciate Valve not going that route.
It won’t do switch numbers lol, but it’ll sell, trust me. Playing my steam library portably is somewhat of a dream of mine and I’m surely not alone. Pre ordered the thing within the first hour and I’m q2, pretty telling if u ask me
Blowing off battery life and superior screen tech sounds as if somebody's doing their level best to defend the little fish in the pond.

bender

What time is it?
The display is disappointing. I'm way less concerned about battery but I can understand the concern. I'll never use this on-the-go or at least away form an outlet. You can always supplement with an Anker power bank but that further reduces the portability of an already large device (I'd say the same thing about the Switch however).

I'm more worried about compatibility than anything else. Windows is going to be required to get the most out of this device and that's probably more hoops than I'm willing to jump through.

Last edited:
Top Bottom