• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck: FAQ

Kupfer

I'm so hyped for this thing.
Preordered at 7.00pm in the first 10 seconds it went online and got my confirmation at 7.01pm. 256gb though ... But I guess I'll be alright. Can't wait to replay so many classics and I'm very curious about the track pads and gyroaim. Maybe the Deck is even a good device for competitive multiplayer, at least better than dual joysticks.

KiteGr

I'm anxious to see what Batocera will do with it.
If we can run dual operating system, to run emulators without loosing steam it'll be awesome.

BlackTron

I always thought this was cool but didn't think I was gonna get one.

But man the utility crammed in this small package is too much. Now I'm just thinking about having different SD cards ready to literally swap out the whole system config like they're GB carts lol.

Fredrik

I always thought this was cool but didn't think I was gonna get one.

But man the utility crammed in this small package is too much. Now I'm just thinking about having different SD cards ready to literally swap out the whole system config like they're GB carts lol.
Yeah, that’s how I’m using Raspberry Pi, they’re getting close to that here, swap out the sd card and it can be a completely different device. As long as the hardware build quality is great this could be the most awesome portable ever. It has almost all the input types I can think of. A digital 8-way stick is missing but that’s about it.

Midn1ght

Will the UI on Steam Deck replace Big Picture?​

That is what we’re aiming for, though the rollout will happen in stages.

Happy Crying GIF

Finally !!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Valve’s latest Steam Deck is a promising piece of hardware and is showcasing some great potential for the future of the company’s hardware offerings. A lot has already been talked about at length when it comes to Steam Deck, but it’s understandable that fans may still have some lingering questions before they decide to plop upwards of $399 for the hardware.

Luckily, recent developments on the matter have cleared the air surrounding the hardware and software with Valve seemingly giving out hardware units to developers for testing purposes. Furthermore, Valve’s recent interviews and press releases have revealed more about the Steam Deck, so here are 11 more new things you need to know before buying the console.

lils

i really like the idea of this. if its screen was better than 1280x800 60hz i would probably buy one. but i guess i'll wait for the steam deck 2, with at least 1080p 100hz

All models use socketed 2230 m.2 modules (not intended for end-user replacement)

hm... sounds like you can swap it out if you want to. but there aren't many drives in 2230 form factor. would have been cool to throw in a 980 pro 2tb. probably best to go for the highest storage one then, sd cards are slow

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member

Introducing @OnDeck, the official Steam Deck Twitter account. This is where we'll be sharing frequent videos of games that we've been playing on Steam Deck, production updates from the team at Valve, and posts from game developers who have dev kits out in the world.

We'll post the same news items right here on Steam (a little less frequently), so you won't miss a thing if you've already reserved a Steam Deck. The news will show up in your library.

Let us know what kinds of games you'd like to see running on a Steam Deck!

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Dual boot and boot from sd card. They’ve really thought about everything here.

1. Win11+Steam Linux dual boot on internal ssd to have access to both Gamepass and Steam library.

2. Linux with RetroArch boot on sd card for perfect emulation portable.

👍

Oh my, I never even thought of this - then there will be prepackaged iso's like they have for raspberi pie, super slick and easy......

paolo11

I want them to try Bayonetta or Vanquish. I know Devil May Cry V or 4 plays good on this.

Also, Ninja Gaiden collection please.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Can you have multiple bluetooth controllers connected at same time for local co-op?
This is an old dead thread. The OT is better place to ask...

Yes, you can. I just tried Stick Fight: The Game with a DS4 and a Xbox One controller and they work fine. You can even use the Deck as a 3rd player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom