• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozendo

The ending does seem kinda forced. Is the dlc any good? I need more of this game. The first scene when Joe picked you up and it is snowing outside is magical. God tier atmosphere.

I've been told Joe's Adventure is the only good one, but I never had the chance to play any of the DLCs sadly.

Is the Steam group an exclusive clubhouse?

Typically, I keep my steam friends to people I know and actually play with.
Figure there's a bunch of wild and crazy, cool guys in gaf and it would be an easier way to matchmake when I do have the games that need a group.
So why not?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkproductions/
I don't have cooties.
Or do I?

Invitation to join the Steam GAF group sent.

I don't even know what cooties are being an English chappy :p.

Chariot

I feel robbed of roughly 1 Euro. 2 foils and 13 regular holiday cards and all I get now are 660 Gems, which are about a fourth of that. Way to end a sale, Valve.

Kiru

The ending does seem kinda forced. Is the dlc any good? I need more of this game. The first scene when Joe picked you up and it is snowing outside is magical. God tier atmosphere.

In my opinion, no. First of all cosmetic stuff like cars + clothes. Then you have that Jimmy stuff, you play as some bald dude named Jimmy with no relation to the main story generic missions, like killing someone or transporting something in the fastest way possible. Last thing is Joe's adventures, similar to the Jimmy missions, but these are at least connected to the story a bit and you may encounter some cutscenes there.
So if you really want more of the game, maybe get Joe's Adventures.

Lomax

The market was probably breaking with all the last minute selling and maybe they have automatic things in place now to freeze items out when that happens. Or they were dumb enough to shut off marketability early. After this whole sale "event," neither would surprise me really.

Made a last minute Hexcells impulse purchase, but still didn't even cross $10 spent for the whole sale. Somewhat proud of myself.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Or at least distractable for enough, but no...
Also,
due to the fact that I had to use my fucking knives to kill some elves, I never have enough to ghost the fucking bullshit end boss fight

The boss fight being considered part of the mission for the Shadow insignia was annoying. I didn't realise I'd have to ghost the fight until after I passed it... which is when the game crashed, corrupting my save. I didn't have to start the campaign again, just the mission (I actually unlocked the achievement for completing the game despite not seeing the closing cutscene, so the auto-save slot updated), but that was frustrating enough.

guys, i hate to do this but i need some 5mins advice.

j sold several cards (no, not winter lol) and i have 1,30€ in my wallet.

i only plan on buying gifts, not for myself.

should i go with orion: prelude & bad rats or escape goat ?

Tizoc

guys, i hate to do this but i need some 5mins advice.

j sold several cards (no, not winter lol) and i have 1,30€ in my wallet.

i only plan on buying gifts, not for myself.

should i go with orion: prelude & bad rats or escape goat ?

Escape Goat, pref. EG2.

The_Monk

Look at that bland, empty-looking Store. Look at it! It's never the same after a nice Holiday themed sale.

Finished Chapter 9 of RE Revelations and I'm loving the game! Taking my time with it, however since I want it to last a bit more.

FoneBone

I didn't realize it wasn't on steam anymore. anyone know what happened? wasn't it a telltale release?

The same thing that's happened to countless licensed games before, though I'm surprised it hasn't affected any of Telltale's other series thus far.

Lomax

I thought booster creator is here to stay? I bought a sack of gems just in case.

Booster creator should be permanent, yeah. Will be interesting to see how long it is before we see another gems related event like the auction (if ever). I bought a couple of sacks of gems to hang onto but I'm not getting in too deep.

Daily Black Forest Games Collection 75% off

Weekend
  • Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes 75% off FREE WEEKEND

The Black Forest collection is basically "buy Dieselstormers, get our other games for 50 cents."

I've always wondered if being the first daily/weekend after a major sale was a good slot or a bad one. One the one hand, there's presumably still increased traffic and page views from the sale bump. On the other hand, people presumably blew most of what they planned to spend during the sale.

baterism

It will be the end of an era for me if the booster creator closes. TRUTHFACT: All the purchases I've done in the Winter sale were because of the boosters (+ some excel calculations).

I got some nice profit from buying gem sack, turn it into Sakura Spirit booster or Gunhound, unpack, wish for foil, no foil, sell cards. Get almost up to 50% profit. Lately the profit is going down so I don't really bother it anymore. Still profitable... just less.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Ok, party had no redheads

tumblr_mte0ap92qe1rg6t6go1_500.gif

cicero

I'm glad I crafted the badges when I did. If I didn't I probably would have thought, "I'll buy them in the closing hour as that's likely when they'll be at their cheapest."
Which is why I held mine back to sell them in the last hour. Really BS move on their part. No warning, just make them all useless an hour before everyone was expecting because they were specifically listed as such with no other qualifications.

If anyone is interested in Elemental: Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, keep in mind that both Endless Legend and Age of Wonders 3 are far less clunky and better designed that LH, and would be better purchases when they're inevitably on sale (again) in the future.

IIRC there's also another Elemental game in development by Stardock, which will probably wholly replace LH in the way it replaced Fallen Enchantress (which, in turn, replaced the original, Elemental: War of Magic.)
Damn that was mean to Ozium man.

Who?
;) because sometimes a normal winky face isn't enough.

Li Kao

Hmm, hello ? Who are you guys ?
Oh man, each time I come back here I can't recognize half the posters. It's intimidating. But Woo is back and THE other great gaffer with a cat is just a few pages back. A man gotta have points of reference :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom