• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sini

I don't know what to do...
Friend of mine sent me late Christmas presents Never Alone and Detective Grimoire while I was asleep today. But problem is that I have those games already... I bought Never Alone from Nuuvem some days back and got Detective Grimoire as a gift from another friend two days ago.
I have no clue how he even sent those to me at all since steam doesn't let you directly gift games people already own.
What can I do without making him feel bad?

I think you can send to an email address instead of selecting the friend name, probably he did it that way.
Oh, you say he sent them to you directly through steam, maybe he sent them before you had them and steam was overloaded or something and you got the notifications late, no other explanation I can think of :(
Apparently he bought those gifts to me on 24th December.
dYoXn.png

dYoS7.png

But they only arrived to me today? Wtf is up with that? Can support refund in this case?
This is such bullshit.

Turfster

The full Get Games Devolver sale...
  • Hotline Miami 80% off
  • Dungeon Hearts 50% off
  • Shadow Warrior 80% off
  • Duke Nukem 3D 80% off
  • Defense Technica 80% off
  • Gods will be watching 50% off
  • Foul play 80% off
  • Hatoful Boyfriend 50% off
  • Luftrausers 75% off
  • Spacelings 50% off

GMG has Borderlands 2 GOTY 75% off, don't know if HAPPYN-EWYEAR-22OFFG works

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Friday my good GAFfers! I noticed I never left my thoughts of To the Moon and while many of you already have the game I see some with 0.0 hours in it so I hope you can give it a try someday.

Here's my small impressions:
Beautiful impressions, worthy of such a beautiful game. Can't wait to play A Bird Story one of these days.

Amzin

I started playing FRACT OSC last night and have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer: I've found a couple different locations so far that have interactive objects with a glowing white "crystal" button inside them I can click (some stalagmites and some floaty pylon things), but there's no reaction from anything that appears to be a puzzle or problem when I'm interacting with them. Are these just red herrings? Am I missing something obvious? Do I come back to them later?

I've solved some puzzles so far and these just struck me as super obtuse because there's no feedback.

Edit: Oh, there is indeed an OT, I'll ask there too!

Grief.exe

Not only do we have about 500,000 Holiday Trading Cards on the market that are set to disappear within the hour, but the millions likely in people's inventories.

Just interesting how massive a logistical operation this must be.

Mozendo

I just finished mafia 2. What a great game.
The atmosphere and soundtrack is god tier.

Honestly one of the best games I played last year.
Although I'm just going to assume the game was rushed because the ending just came out of nowhere. I was honestly expecting about 5-10 more hours of content.

Yeah I just turned most of my excess holiday cards into gems rather than attempt to sell them on the market for pennies (though I suppose those pennies could equal some sweet Dota 2 items...)

Chariot

Yeah I just turned most of my excess holiday cards into gems rather than attempt to sell them on the market for pennies (though I suppose those pennies could equal some sweet Dota 2 items...)
I don't think you can, even if you wanted. They made them not marketable.
I hold onto them for nothing, thanks valve :/

Hanzou

Was going to sell my cards but now can't? well that's Bullshit. I was not sure if I wanted to sell them or craft them and waited until now decide. Not cool valve.

Did this just happen 15 minutes ago?

Chariot

Was going to sell my cards but now can't? well that's Bullshit. I was not sure if I wanted to sell them or craft them and waited until now decide. Not cool valve.

Did this just happen 15 minutes ago?
Yes and I am annoyed to no end. Devalued my cards like russian inflation.

yogloo

Honestly one of the best games I played last year.
Although I'm just going to assume the game was rushed because the ending just came out of nowhere. I was honestly expecting about 5-10 more hours of content.
The ending does seem kinda forced. Is the dlc any good? I need more of this game. The first scene when Joe picked you up and it is snowing outside is magical. God tier atmosphere.

MQX

The former. Once they expire, they all disappear, regardless of whether or not they're listed on the market.

Looks like I got lucky this morning ;P. Sold my last Holiday card this morning(after I got the card yesterday :/. Wanted to sell the card at night, but Steamcommunity had some issues/problem?)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As long as there are no fucking
bastard elves, seriously, those guys made the end of the game a fucking chore and kept me from 100%ing it
, I'm happy.

Ideally every enemy should be killable. The elves were a giant misfire, but what also annoyed me -- albeit to a lesser extent -- is that many knights don't/can't be baited to eat nearby food or walk under a chandelier, which just makes them a nuisance.

How long has Wallace and Gromit been nuked from Steam?

Almost a year now.

xezuru

Is the Steam group an exclusive clubhouse?

Typically, I keep my steam friends to people I know and actually play with.
Figure there's a bunch of wild and crazy, cool guys in gaf and it would be an easier way to matchmake when I do have the games that need a group.
So why not?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkproductions/
I don't have cooties.
Or do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom