• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Want a great pastery dish?
honeycomb.jpg

We call this Honeycomb on account of the bread pieces being baked close to each other. You put some cream cheese into the bread, bake it, pour honey on top of it and devour the sucker. Bread should be soft when out of the oven btw.

Where do we submit our SteamGAF game of the year recommendation?

I say we wait til the January thread goes up and ask MRORANGE then.

fallout

I know nothing about the game (except the screens/videos on the Store page, looks beautifully artistic). Whoa, 5 years?
I think they've been exercising a lot of restraint and cutting of material. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that they've spent weeks or months on an idea only to scrap it because it's not working.

Want a great pastery dish?
http://www.fauziaskitchenfun.com/sites/default/files/styles/recipe-main/public/honeycomb.jpg?itok=xgE-5gyG[/img
We call this Honeycomb on account of the bread pieces being baked close to each other. You put some cream cheese into the bread, bake it, pour honey on top of it and devour the sucker. Bread should be soft when out of the oven btw.
[/QUOTE]

Wow that looks really good. I've been on a honey kick lately, putting it on lots of things (oatmeal, peanut butter sandwiches, tea, etc).

Anyways, just a few little things to start off the new year right. Part of my new year's resolution to give more, in general. Hope everybody had a nice winter sale and spends the weekend playing some of their purchases. My first half year as a GAFfer has been an interesting one!

[QUOTE=ModBot]

[b]Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=253996]ModBot[/url] with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? [url=http://abload.de/img/howtoclaim.gif.gif1vlh0.gif]Watch this GIF tutorial[/url] or ask for help.

[b]ModBot Basics:[/b]
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: [url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955066[/url].
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me ([url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?username=darkchewie]darkchewie[/url], not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

[b]Rules for this Giveaway:[/b]
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a [b]raffle[/b]. The winners will be selected by random draw [i]24 hours[/i] after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Words for Evil -- [s]MB-D10DE7938687B084[/s] - Taken by [i]S1n1st3r[/i]. 14 entrants total.
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- [s]MB-DEAA0FD4F0DC8E2E[/s] - Taken by [i]Abomination[/i]. 2 entrants total.

[img]http://secondapps.com/countdown/t1420295685z1.png

Tizoc

Wow that looks really good. I've been on a honey kick lately, putting it on lots of things (oatmeal, peanut butter sandwiches, tea, etc).

This thing is addicting, over here we make enough to fill a large plate, I'm talkin' large sized pizza plate here mang! Once you take one bite you just won't stop.

...and man I've heard so much about Maj'Eyal but it sadly is just not my kinda game, good luck to the entrants though, it's well regarded here on gaf.

This War of Mine really has me on edge, although I'm not sure whether it's the game at fault or my mind that I very quickly turned to violence in my nightly travels.

This thing is addicting, over here we make enough to fill a large plate, I'm talkin' large sized pizza plate here mang! Once you take one bite you just won't stop.

...and man I've heard so much about Maj'Eyal but it sadly is just not my kinda game, good luck to the entrants though, it's well regarded here on gaf.

Haha, I'm sure a fights gonna break out for the last piece. Is there any other type of filling to the recipe that people try, or is it just cream cheese? Thinking of all the possibilities...

I gifted ToME to my older brother just a little before Christmas since it reminded me of an modern day version of an old rpg called Castle of the Winds that he used to play a lot when we were kids, with me mostly sitting next to him just watching. Now, he's already had 50 hours into it, haha. I agree, I'm not sure if I would play it since my tastes changed since then, but glad he's enjoying it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
First video from E3.
In fact there are differences, I noticed that too. I wouldn't call if a downgrade, but the first GZ trailer has a better illumination and more grass on the ground, also some wet effect in and there. I don't if this is properly a downgrade or an artistic decision, sinceI think those things are not too demanding.

That's nothing new though. People noticed downgrades from that reveal to what came out on PS4/Xbone ages ago. The PC port is going to be based off those versions, not some preview build from E3 two years ago and we are lucky we got got as many options going beyond the console release as we did.

Tizoc

Haha, I'm sure a fights gonna break out for the last piece. Is there any other type of filling to the recipe that people try, or is it just cream cheese? Thinking of all the possibilities...
I think any cheese could do as long as the cheese doesn't have a strong flavour, the idea is that it has the sourness of cheese, the softness of bread and the sweetness of the honey, as long as the flavours aren't strong or overwhelm the other then you got it right.

I gifted ToME to my older brother just a little before Christmas since it reminded me of an modern day version of an old rpg called Castle of the Winds that he used to play a lot when we were kids, with me mostly sitting next to him just watching. Now, he's already had 50 hours into it, haha. I agree, I'm not sure if I would play it since my tastes changed since then, but glad he's enjoying it.

Cool, the game has I think more than 100 cheevos too.

What's with everyone getting Nuclear Throne?

Some kind of secret sale?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=960955
You should lurk outside the steam thread and community more often ;D

fallout

rogue legacy is great! i don't get the hate.
It was SteamGAF's GOTY last year, so I don't think there's that much hate for it.

The main complaint I had is that I never really felt like I was getting better at the game, but rather that the powers I was unlocking were what were allowing me to progress. That said, I played it for 30ish hours and beat it.

gngf123

Pretty much finished with story mode in DeadCore now. Will try the speedrun mode next.

If the physics were a little less floaty and you had a bit more visual feedback to help you judge the size of your hitbox I think I'd really love this game. As it is I merely think it is decent/good. Still, I've enjoyed it and it only cost £3.19, so I can't complain.

Need to play some other speedrun focused platformer/shooters. I've got Lovely Planet up next.

Games I would have bought if I had less self-control or if the prices were lower:

Revolver 360 RE:ACTOR

This one was available on Playism for quite a bit cheaper than Steam. ES and isthereanydeal wouldn't mention it because they don't crawl Playism when they probably should.

Not sure if that deal is still up. I really do recommend it though, it's a good game. I think my second favourite PC shooting game last year after Crimzon Clover.

fallout

What's weird is that it seems that I got two extra copies. One in Humble Bundle page and another straight to Steam.
Friends of mine have reported the same thing. I don't know if it's intended or not, but it seems to be happening with some consistency.

The_Monk

Happy Friday my good GAFfers! I noticed I never left my thoughts of To the Moon and while many of you already have the game I see some with 0.0 hours in it so I hope you can give it a try someday.

Here's my small impressions:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/206440

And I might as leave it in here if you don't want to read it on Steam:

GY8BysUl.jpg

While some games are easily memorable for their gameplay, others will stood out by their Story. To the Moon is a game where the story is clearly the winner and it’s the reason why everyone should spend their time playing it. I’ll start by saying that it may not be a game that will please most of the players but consider starting the game with an open heart and the experience will be a remarkable one. The two main characters are doctors who go by the name of Watts and Rosalene and their jobs can be many things, but common isn’t one of them. They can provide an alternative, a different path to the ones whose life is approaching the end. During the story, your role is to help your patient to fulfil his wish: going to the moon. While it may seem an odd thing to wish for, there may be a reason for it, but that, is up to you to find out.

You start by going from the most recent memories to the older ones, until you reach the point where you may find key-points in the Johnny’s past. But as you advance in the game you start to create a bond to his memories which can be odd, considering it’s just a job and Johnny is a stranger for you, but remember, if you let yourself immerse into the story you will end playing a much better game this way. There’s not much to be said about the Story itself without spoiling most of it to be honest. The game is very straight to the point, hence its short length but this can be a good thing because there won’t be any unnecessary time spent doing pointless quests or wandering off for long. You have a goal, this is your job and emotions should be left aside, but play this game as intended and emotions will surely make part of this experience. As they should.

The music/soundtrack is as much important as the story because during certain events you will be listening to a nice piano tune that will provide warm feelings or a sense of loss, sadness and curiosity. I don’t believe the game to be any sort of depressing, as humor also plays an important role in To the Moon. Small conversations with some jokes and jests will arise from time to time to create a lighter mood since, after all, this is your goal and you shouldn’t let your personal feelings obstruct your intents. While I’m sure many will leave satisfied with the story (weather you end up liking the very end or not) and the music as well, do not come expecting some heavy gameplay mechanics or a rather lengthy game. I believe its short size can be a strong point this time because it takes you right where you need to be so I would advise to not measure your time and money invested with the length of the game but rather in its storytelling. If you are able to past the simple visuals with almost no gameplay mechanics, and if you let yourself engage in the Story while listening to the wonderful soundtrack then To the Moon will be a perfect fit to play in the between of any other lengthier games you are currently playing. It’s a respectable violence-free game, short but sweet experience filled with some humor, remarkable music and probably some tears as well. Play the game as intended, do not haste, do not do anything else while playing it and I’m sure your money will be a good investment. Enjoy the story.

PS: As you may have noticed, English is not my first language so I apologize for the lack of a better grammar and steady writing.

I played it. Sadly, for me, it's not good as To the Moon. First, the price is way to high for what offered. This is basically a one hour long teaser for To the Moon 2.
The fact is, it fails on delivering something emotional, at least for me.
The story is interesting, but too stretched in and there. Gameplay is non-existent, you only need to push buttons three or four times, and that's all.

If this was 1€ full price, then it would be a good deal, but more then 4€ isn't really a good thing. Even excluding the pricing factor, the experience is weak.
Thanks, so is To The Moon 2 really a thing now?

fallout

Monk's review reminded me...has anyone played A Bird Story? How was it?
It's a nice, short narrative with some good moments. It touches on some memorable themes of my youth, which I really related to and enjoyed. That said, I didn't really feel like the climax had as much impact as it could have had.

This one was available on Playism for quite a bit cheaper than Steam. ES and isthereanydeal wouldn't mention it because they don't crawl Playism when they probably should.

Not sure if that deal is still up. I really do recommend it though, it's a good game. I think my second favourite PC shooting game last year after Crimzon Clover.

Never heard of Playsim before, I just checked it. Same price as Steam.

I bought Crimzon Clover yesterday and look forward to playing it. I guess I'll see how I feel about another shmup after that and look into Revolver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom