• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

I wasn't prepared. Going through John's life alone was sad, but I just wasn't ready for the end. Gonna have to cry myself to sleep tonight.

tbh, I think the ending is kinda bad for the old man, they made a lie. Well, their goal was to create a lie in the beginning. But their lie is kinda worse

are these worth picking up? someone said minesweeper ish? Like, figuring out where to click based on math/logic?

Essentially yes; solving the puzzles without guessing is contingent on deductive reasoning. I found it immensely satisfying. I invariably prefer games that give my old man brain time to think so the lack of arcade/twitch skills being necessary was a huge plus for me :). Also, the soundtrack is nice and mellow unlike many puzzle games that feel the need to make themselves EXCITING!!! by using high beats per minute music that just ends up making me feel nauseous :/. I highly recommend all three games, especially if you start with Hexcells, go to Plus before going to Infinite. Infinite is clearly the most fully formed of the three but is more appreciated by seeing the progression from game to game. Infinite is pretty tough too so I recommend playing the first two first to get into the groove of how the games work.

Sch1sm

That 'For River' track though, makes me tear up every time. T_T

I've made it my goal to learn it myself. I have a whole 3 days before classes start. I can do it.
I'll break down trying.

tbh, I think the ending is kinda bad for the old man, they made a lie. Well, their goal was to create a lie in the beginning. But their lie is kinda worse

The fact he paid for the services, too. Gjddjsij. Cannot. So bad.

Miguel81

So I just finished To The Moon:

flood.gif

I wish I wasn't so emotional :`(

Terranigma was the last game that affected me as much.

Edit: When speaking of films, I'll add the Swamp of Sadness from The Neverending Story.

tmarg

Made some Lords of the Fallen webms... they're processing and I'll post them in a bit... but I'm wondering what the hell is up with the fuchsia type color patterning on the lower edge... so strange.

Here's the short one where I was amused by the sort of required backstab when I met this enemy type:
http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefros....01.2015 - 23.59.20.51.DVR.mp4.converted.webm

Hrrrm... the fuchsia artifacting didn't transfer to that webm... strange.

I think a lot of people were complaining about chromatic aberration in that game, so I'm guessing it's that.

Installed Colonial Marines again for Stasis Interrupted (it's terrible, btw) and noticed they've actually disabled the silly Monster energy drink emblem DLC.

Not on DLC list anymore:
Now: http://i.imgur.com/d7hjhk9.jpg
Before: http://i.imgur.com/QcDYaF4.jpg
SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/219449/subs/

Dunno if this gets the honor of being the first DLC removed from accounts :p

I actually had this on my list of DLC's to find or trade for. I had wanted to complete the set just for the infamy of it.

This amuses me greatly, though.

EDIT: I finished Sakura Spirit last night. Speaking as someone who's seen his fair share of... exotic Japanese animated pictures, that game was somewhat underwhelming. Didn't do anything for me.

Yakkue

"why? what's good about it? why did you get it, what am I missing?" And 100% of the responses come back saying it's amusing/funny to them. This only further deepens my disinterest in playing it. :\

Actual spoiler that I would advise against reading if you plan to play Hatoful Boyfriend sometime: The game is actually a
creepy murder mystery thriller
, but you can only get to that part after obtaining certain other endings, which are quite silly.

autoduelist

Essentially yes; solving the puzzles without guessing is contingent on deductive reasoning. I found it immensely satisfying. I invariably prefer games that give my old man brain time to think so the lack of arcade/twitch skills being necessary was a huge plus for me :). Also, the soundtrack is nice and mellow unlike many puzzle games that feel the need to make themselves EXCITING!!! by using high beats per minute music that just ends up making me feel nauseous :/. I highly recommend all three games, especially if you start with Hexcells, go to Plus before going to Infinite. Infinite is clearly the most fully formed of the three but is more appreciated by seeing the progression from game to game. Infinite is pretty tough too so I recommend playing the first two first to get into the groove of how the games work.

Will think on it; sounds wonderful but that's 3.60 for the bundle and I'm already over budget. Shame. Hopefully it'll go on sale next summer and I'll be in a better place financially.

Will think on it; sounds wonderful but that's 3.60 for the bundle and I'm already over budget. Shame. Hopefully it'll go on sale next summer and I'll be in a better place financially.

Friend invite sent so I can gift them to you. They were gifted to me by the lovely Sini so it's only fair I return the favour :).

Trying to load my old save on Dark Souls and somehow it got corrupted. Couldn't load it and the only option was to overwrite it? Well, now I can make a new character again. Yay!

Now I remember why GFWL is a piece of shit.

Nabs

Trying to load my old save on Dark Souls and somehow it got corrupted. Couldn't load it and the only option was to overwrite it? Well, now I can make a new character again. Yay!

Now I remember why GFWL is a piece of shit.

At least you can start fresh on the Steamworks branch. I've been running with a new character and it's been great.

Actual spoiler that I would advise against reading if you plan to play Hatoful Boyfriend sometime: The game is actually a
, but you can only get to that part after obtaining certain other endings, which are quite silly.

Errr... but with pigeons?
I don't know how I'm supposed to take it seriously... at any level... spoiler or not.

Tizoc

Thanks to Naked Snake for helping me out the other night~

Maxwood, please check your PM and add me on Steam: tizoc789

Nope, I'd actually call it
dystopian sci-fi fantasy horror

autoduelist

Just beat Dungeon of the Endless for the first time. It honestly took me until beating the game and realizing no new difficulties unlocked to realize that the difficultly settings ('too easy' and 'easy') are a joke... the game is hard as nails on 'easy'.

There's an achievement for beating the game without ever pausing. If someone can do that they're superhuman.

Note for those who attempt to follow in my footsteps -- you win when you exit level 12, even though it looks like there are 13 floors.

If anyone is playing and needs advice or a primer, hit me up. It's a dark, brutal dungeon that is entirely unforgiving.

Brilliant game. Gonna take a well deserved breather from it before I go in again.

Berto

Oh man... Valiant Hearts :'( This might be my favourite 2014 game, the feels... Apart from a touching experience, it's also a great learning tool for children to learn the importance of WWI.

Does the ol' send-gift-to-yourself-and-give-the-other-person-the-link-in-the-email thing still work? I haven't gifted since trading was implemented — they haven't changed anything?

Jørdan

Does the ol' send-gift-to-yourself-and-give-the-other-person-the-link-in-the-email thing still work? I haven't gifted since trading was implemented — they haven't changed anything?

Yes it does, I asked this myself not long ago and have used the email link successfully.

Just beat Dungeon of the Endless for the first time. It honestly took me until beating the game and realizing no new difficulties unlocked to realize that the difficultly settings ('too easy' and 'easy') are a joke... the game is hard as nails on 'easy'.

There's an achievement for beating the game without ever pausing. If someone can do that they're superhuman.

Note for those who attempt to follow in my footsteps -- you win when you exit level 12, even though it looks like there are 13 floors.

If anyone is playing and needs advice or a primer, hit me up. It's a dark, brutal dungeon that is entirely unforgiving.

Brilliant game. Gonna take a well deserved breather from it before I go in again.

I'd love to hear some tips, especially on what is worth it in the early levels. Am I better off going for upgrades and minimal turrets or building food machines to level up the team?

I imagine the stuff in the Endless Legends Emperor pack is garbage you don't need? And is the Nuuvem version of the Talos Principle region free?

Sini

I don't know what to do...
Friend of mine sent me late Christmas presents Never Alone and Detective Grimoire while I was asleep today. But problem is that I have those games already... I bought Never Alone from Nuuvem some days back and got Detective Grimoire as a gift from another friend two days ago.
I have no clue how he even sent those to me at all since steam doesn't let you directly gift games people already own.
What can I do without making him feel bad?

I don't know what to do...
Friend of mine sent me late Christmas presents Never Alone and Detective Grimoire while I was asleep today. But problem is that I have those games already... I bought Never Alone from Nuuvem some days back and got Detective Grimoire as a gift from another friend two days ago.
I have no clue how he even sent those to me at all since steam doesn't let you directly gift games people already own.
What can I do without making him feel bad?

I would tell my friend what happened, he'll see the gifts pending on his inventory and think you don't want the games or something, better just tell him, if he's your friend I don't see why he wouldn't understand.

Sini

I would tell my friend what happened, he'll see the gifts pending on his inventory and think you don't want the games or something, better just tell him, if he's your friend I don't see why he wouldn't understand.
I will tell him what happened for sure when he comes online. I just don't know how to make it up for him since it's good bit of money he spent on me.
And how could he send me those gifts at all? They were sent directly on Steam, but Steam makes anyone who already owns games unselectable when you're sending a gift.

I will tell him what happened for sure when he comes online. I just don't know how to make it up for him since it's good bit of money he spent on me.
And how could he send me those gifts at all? They were sent directly on Steam, but Steam makes anyone who already owns games unselectable when you're sending a gift.

I think you can send to an email address instead of selecting the friend name, probably he did it that way.
Oh, you say he sent them to you directly through steam, maybe he sent them before you had them and steam was overloaded or something and you got the notifications late, no other explanation I can think of :(

Tizoc

So looking back
The Talos Principle -- MB-A8CC6DF38E5AAE92 - Taken by Maxwood. 123 entrants total.
Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-3C6F2C592C470CEB - Taken by Berto. 77 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-600F901F0E52EE56 - Taken by Zantar. 46 entrants total.
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-4F4F107DB90B51DD - Taken by spindoctor. 38 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-23F620B6AE095915 - Taken by Tellaerin. 31 entrants total.
Valiant Hearts: The Great War -- MB-3A194D24241976EE - Taken by Xeteh. 29 entrants total.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-CB987306A5B7F8B3 - Taken by TheLight. 27 entrants total.
Strider -- MB-53141174091FD599 - Taken by bkw. 26 entrants total.
DuckTales Remastered -- MB-BD7E406370969ABC - Taken by MicroByter. 25 entrants total.
Gunhound EX #1 -- MB-16748A86BFCCB777 - Taken by The Reloader. 10 entrants total.
Gunhound EX #2 -- MB-B409A5CB59303E6B - Taken by Oldschoolgamer. 7 entrants total.

The Portal thirst is REAL
My 5 Steam GotY games are listed among the above :V

I guess posting hauls ain't allowed here?

read the OP
- Sale has started, SteamGAF GOTY will start when the 2015 thread starts, details will be out then.
- DO NOT POST DAMAGE LISTS ON WHAT YOU BOUGHT DURING THE SALES.

Really, no one cares
What does haul posting achieve anyway?
If people comment on it it makes you feel a bit better about wasting so much money on games you'll never play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom