• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn (Thanksgiving) Sale - It's Gaming Season

MDSLKTR

2sGDF0j.jpg

Wish Prodeus was on sale.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Is the Master Chief Collection worth $10 ?

I knew that it had many bugs when it launched
Hell yes. I've owned it for at least 6 months and it ran like a dream. Much prefer the mouse & keyboard over the controller as well.

But it's showing up as $20, not $10.

supernova8

Banned
Just picked up:

- Yakuza collection (Zero, Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2)
- Broken Sword collection (all the ones I didn't already have on Steam including the Serpent's Curse)
- Monster Hunter World

almost bought Total War: Warhammer and Halo MCC but I was already approaching like 40 quid. I've already spent a lot on stuff this month, and I know those Yakuza games, plus BS, plus MHW will last me fucking ages. Probably until the next big sale event.

side note: really impressed with Yakuza 0's performance. I'm getting something like 100fps at 1080p high/ultra settings on my 3400G APU (32GB RAM) and the load times are practically non-existent (likely thanks to my m.2 SSD but still I guess they had to program for that). I'm assuming performance won't be quite as good with Kiwami 2 (which I believe is running the new dragon engine?). Still if I can get 60fps that will be nice since the Yakuza 6 (same demo) ran like absolute dogshit on my PS4 back in the day.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Can we post deal from other website in here too because cdkeys has some great deals right now?

Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition for €2.49 : Here

Other deals:

Dishonored 2 for €3.59 : Here
Mad Max for €1.79 : Here
Shadow Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for €10.69 : Here
Resident Evil Village for €15.49 : Here
Death Stranding for €13.09 : Here
Horizon Zero Dawn for €13.09 : Here

Elden Ring Pre-order for €35.49: Here

Last edited:
Current cart. Anything I should get rid of before pulling the trigger?

cart.png
everything except Alien: Isolation and Prey.

Can we post deal from other website in here too because cdkeys has some great deals right now?

Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition for €2.49 : Here

Other deals:

Dishonored 2 for €3.59 : Here
Mad Max for €1.79 : Here
Shadow Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for €10.69 : Here
Resident Evil Village for €15.49 : Here
Death Stranding for €13.09 : Here
Horizon Zero Dawn for €13.09 : Here

Elden Ring Pre-order for €35.49: Here
i'm tempted to get that elden ring pre order. i've used CD keys before but never pre ordered from them. they reliable to have the key at launch?

Last edited:

Midn1ght

ZalWUcw.jpg

Thinking about these two, Hellblade is a lock but not sure about Sunset, is it any good?

i'm tempted to get that elden ring pre order. i've used CD keys before but never pre ordered from them. they reliable to have the key at launch?

I bought several games on there as well and never had a problem but I've never pre-order so I have no idea.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
everything except Alien: Isolation and Prey.
Too late my man. I even added Boneworks to the cart, wanna have some fun with my Index.

but not sure about Sunset, is it any good?
Yeah, really fun. I never beated it tho, it felt kinda repetitive but I end up feeling like that with almost every open world game.

IFireflyl

Gold Member

I refused to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 for anything more than half off because they made it a one year exclusivity deal with Epic Games Store. I had the same reaction with Cyberpunk 2077 solely based on how terrible it was at launch. I figure even if it sucks I only paid $30 instead of $60.

Last edited:

Codiox

Current cart. Anything I should get rid of before pulling the trigger?

cart.png
Gorm is not worth it imo. A glorified demo.

I refused to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 for anything more than half off because they made it a one year exclusivity deal with Epic Games Store. I had the same reaction with Cyberpunk 2077 solely based on how terrible it was at launch. I figure even if it sucks I only paid $30 instead of $60.
Jesus cyberpunk for 30 bucks? That goes for 15 bucks these days at normal price.

So far....

Guardians of the Galaxy - 4 hours in and it's really hard to put down. Kinda like Uncharted x Mass Effect in terms of the gameplay loop. It's not super deep or anything, but the set pieces and story really keep ya playing. I'm not even a big Marvel fan.

Salt and Sanctuary - Little disappointing. Inputs feel laggy and it has that indie Unity game stink all over it. Screenshots are not very representative of the actual game

Blasphemous - Much tighter then Salt, so far so good.

Why is it I can't find a MetroidVania that plays nearly as good as Bloodstained? Is it one of those genres that only Japanese devs can do properly? Any suggestions for a tighter experience? Love the aesthetic of Blasphemous and Salt (in screenshots), but I'm open to others. Ori didn't really catch me hard because of the character design.

Fbh

Got Ori and the Will of Wisps and Dark Souls Remaster which was finally on sale.

Looking forward to playing both, Ori 1 was great and everyone says 2 is even better, and even though I played Dark Souls 1 to death on ps3 I haven't actually played it since so even if it's not the best remaster the 60fps alone will make it nice to replay.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
ZalWUcw.jpg

Thinking about these two, Hellblade is a lock but not sure about Sunset, is it any good?

I bought several games on there as well and never had a problem but I've never pre-order so I have no idea.t
Sunset Overdrive is an absolute blast. Only about 10 hours long but for the price you can't complain.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Gorm is not worth it imo. A glorified demo.
Yeah wtf, just asked for a refund. Combat isn't very fun and there seem to not be much to this game. Is Blade & Sorcery the same? That's another one I've been wanting to try for some time.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
If you're ok with a GOG code you can get it 70% off.
Holy shitballs, I almost forgot how cheap cdkeysdotcom was. Elden Ring pre-order 42% off.
It’s gone up in price it’s only 50% off now there. I did see the 70% not so long ago mine.

Codiox

Yeah wtf, just asked for a refund. Combat isn't very fun and there seem to not be much to this game. Is Blade & Sorcery the same? That's another one I've been wanting to try for some time.
Haven't tried blade & sorcery. Gorm was one of the first games I tried when switched from psvr to pc. Heard really good thing about it. What a letdown.

teezzy

Banned
Finished my Steam sale shopping this go around

Made out like a bandit, I feel

Until next time

The thing with cdkeys dot com is that they
1)sometimes they run out of keys and never restock
2) the discounts fluxuates. Whenever the game is being promoted (like now) you get an extra discount
3) you have to pay in British pounds and if regional pricing in England is off it might be cheaper elsewhere (like monster hunter rise's discount being higher on cdkeys but the total price is cheaper on fanatical). You also pay currency transaction fees.

You can play chicken and watch the discount go up and up but you might also lose your chance to buy the game from them. Their pre launch or launch discounts are really good but older games might not be.

They are an interesting site.

I got the sandbox bundle on humble and preordered Elden ring even though it's too far away to release for me personally. I think this will be all until Christmas and more games are discounted.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
There wasn't anything interesting on sale that I didn't already have so I just got a bunch of DLC for various games that's normally too expensive to buy without me feeling disgusting about myself.

But anyway, the best deal I got was on the Borderlands 3 DLC collection. I've been itching to revisit this game because I haven't played it since the release so this will be a good excuse to do so.

Top Bottom