• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2022 - From November 22nd until November 29th

GHG

Gold Member
So far gg.deals coming in clutch as I've grabbed:

Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem $3.99
Shadow Warrior 3 $3.99
F.E.A.R. 2 : Reborn DLC $1.49 (I recently finished the DLC's for the first FEAR and thought I had played all that franchise had to offer but apparently the second entry has some extra content as well. Neat!)

I was too late for Shadow Warrior 3 but got Serious Sam Siberian Mayhem and Trek to Yomi for $3.99 each. Hoping Shadow Warrior reappears for a similar price because I'd still like to pick it up.

JayK47

I always wonder if the Winter Sale will be better than the Autumn Sale and tend to just wait for the Winter Sale to find out the prices are no better. Most games I have on my wish list are either not on sale or minimally reduced. I may not pick anything up during this sale as a result.

VN1X

Banned
I was too late for Shadow Warrior 3 but got Serious Sam Siberian Mayhem and Trek to Yomi for $3.99 each. Hoping Shadow Warrior reappears for a similar price because I'd still like to pick it up.
Yeah my SW3 order got cancelled also. Oh well, was worth a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
Steam really needs to be more competitive on their prices. I was going to buy Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2. £15.74 on Steam. £7.79 on CD Keys.

The publishers/developers set the prices for Steam sales. Keyshops are the wild West for the most part so that's why the prices undercut what's on Steam most of the time.

Holammer

Steam really needs to be more competitive on their prices. I was going to buy Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2. £15.74 on Steam. £7.79 on CD Keys.
What GHG wrote + publishers can issue Steam keys gratis to sell on third party sites. That's a lot of extra wiggle room to lower prices.

Wildebeest

The publishers/developers set the prices for Steam sales. Keyshops are the wild West for the most part so that's why the prices undercut what's on Steam most of the time.
Steam could do what other companies do and bargain with sellers to give games away for a limited time, or buy a block of keys they could sell for whatever price/bundle deal they set. They don't seem to need to do that for growth or marketing, though.

GHG

Gold Member
Steam could do what other companies do and bargain with sellers to give games away for a limited time, or buy a block of keys they could sell for whatever price/bundle deal they set. They don't seem to need to do that for growth or marketing, though.

Yeh not at all, especially not when the keys sold on 3rd party stores circle people back to them anyway.

VN1X

Banned

Actually managed to grab this from Voidu with the discount code and some credit I had built up for only 7eu. One of my most anticipated games of the year actually. Had a lot of fun with this in co-op so looking forward to getting stuck in with a few others.

Saucy Papi

Elden Ring must be crazy popular to never go on sale. I've yet to see it go on sale on either Steam or PSN so it must still be selling like hotcakes.

Kacho

Gold Member
Elden Ring must be crazy popular to never go on sale. I've yet to see it go on sale on either Steam or PSN so it must still be selling like hotcakes.
Same with Sekiro. Took forever to go on sale and when it did the lowest was like $30. From games have incredible legs and hold their value like Nintendo games.

darrylgorn

Tetris 99 triple dip.

Confused High Quality GIF

MMaRsu

Banned
Same with Sekiro. Took forever to go on sale and when it did the lowest was like $30. From games have incredible legs and hold their value like Nintendo games.
Thats just because it was published by Activision, and their games dont go below 50% ever

Buggy Loop

So many games on my wish list on sale, but I must resist.. there’s already so much backlog it will probably keep me busy for the next decade even if I stopped buying games from now on..

Didn’t pick up much.

I grabbed Halo MCC so I don’t have to bother with the Windows Store.

I also picked up the Battlefield collection and 2042. I much prefer BF as a shooter and 2042 is much improved and im having tons of fun.

Plus BF4 is always fun to go back to.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m considering some Steam games with all these sales. I currently have ZHP and Romancing Saga Minstrel Song in my cart. I was going to add Ys VIII. I know I’ve played it from start to finish on PS4, but I kinda wanted to get Dark Souls III complete for Steam. I was hoping to budget $100 and if I don’t get Ys VIII, I can get DS3, but like I said I think the Steam Deck is luring me into triple dipping (already own DS3 on Xbox, PSN (Japanese and English)). Another thing I considered was preordering Dead Space, but that’s two months away. I can’t make up my mind.

Edit: I won’t get ZHP cause it’s more rouge like than I wanted.

Last edited:

Pejo

Longshot here, but I have been interested in picking up Blazblue Cross Tag Battle for a long time now, not to really play it online, just to piss around in training and story modes and have it in my collection. I always saw it around 8 bucks previously for the basic version without the DLC characters, and now it's 5 bucks for that version.

The issue I have is that the "full" version with all the DLC is $25 which is 5x the base cost of the game. Do any of you own it? Would you say the DLC cast is good enough for $25? I realize they have to pay licensing fees so it will likely never be ~10 for the whole package, but I just don't feel good at that price.

Graciaus

STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order - 5.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition - 9.99

Wasn't going to buy anything until the winter sale but that FO price was to good. Something about a free upgrade got me to buy W3 even though I'm sure I won't like it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Any word on those games? I'm on the fence of getting them.

Last edited:

Foilz

Banned
My bank account is ready for war with the steam sale!! I got some good deals on new parts for my rig on BF.

Amd 5800x3d,6900xt, Corsair 4000d case, id cooling aio, Corsair 850w psu and a few case fans.

Witcher 3 -$7.99. Just in time for the free next gen update!
that's for the base game only.

might as well go for the GOTY edition for an extra £2

for that extra £2 you're getting an extra 40-80 hours of content.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There's some really solid deals over at Fanatical too. Most of the games activate on Steam. Here's my shopping list this morning. I will probably add Persona 4 Golden and eventually give that a playthrough on my Deck.

sVW9fVb.png

Gato Roboto and DuckTales are both fun (though kinda short) games. Oddworld two pack for $1 is a steal.

Wildebeest

that's for the base game only.

might as well go for the GOTY edition for an extra £2

for that extra £2 you're getting an extra 40-80 hours of content.
I think a note on the gog page also says that GOTY edition will upgrade to "Complete Edition" while standard will get a "next gen update". Confusing.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
There's some really solid deals over at Fanatical too. Most of the games activate on Steam. Here's my shopping list this morning. I will probably add Persona 4 Golden and eventually give that a playthrough on my Deck.

sVW9fVb.png

[/URL]
Gato Roboto is great!

Any word on Valfaris and Slain? I'd gladly get them for that price but I'm not sure if they are actually good, kinda remember the reception for one of those being quite bad but I might be mistaken.

I think a note on the gog page also says that GOTY edition will upgrade to "Complete Edition" while standard will get a "next gen update". Confusing.
probably the base game will get a patch and the GOTY edition will be renamed to Complete Edition.

i don't know about GOG but i think the GOTY edition on Steam is just a bundle of the base game + both expansions.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Gato Roboto is great!

Any word on Valfaris and Slain? I'd gladly get them for that price but I'm not sure if they are actually good, kinda remember the reception for one of those being quite bad but I might be mistaken.
One of my buddies really enjoyed Valfaris. I already have but have not played Slain (it’s up for giveaway if anyone wants to enter). I figure for $1 I can take the risk.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

sVW9fVb.png

DUCK TALES
WOO O
EVERY DAY THEY'RE OUT THERE MAKING
DUCK TALES
oh and all the other games are good too but DUCK TALES

Last edited:

Holammer

Grabbed a couple of games, mostly stuff I have real interest in and ones that come will very good Steam User Reviews. I'm already swamped with games that I never even install.
I would have grabbed Psychonauts 2 at release, but "free" with gamepass murdered its value proposition and I decided to wait till it hits the 75%'ish off range.

Gonna buy some stuff from Fanatical too. Neon Abyss is in one of the bundles.

kd3ofL9.jpg

Top Bottom