• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play returns this Wednesday, March 9.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wasn't able to watch this, anyone got a bullet point list of what got announced ?

Ezekiel_

Banned
You guys are expecting way too much lol

This gonna be a bog standard State of Play with a couple of trailers.
I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!

FREE RETURNAL EXPANSION COMING MARCH 22nd!!!

Yelling Houston Astros GIF by MLB

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Holy shit this sucks so bad. Man, what a shitshow.
The last one was shit too but Sony’s first party showing of GT, Wolverine and Spidey 2 basically saved the show. Seems they like the ‘one more thing’ buzz but are forgetting about the rest.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Thought that was pretty great myself. Really do not know what people were expecting in a year when they've already dropped 2 huge titles in Horizon and GT7, and with GoW lined up for later.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Trek to Yomi was the best. The Gundam MP game didn't look bad either if you like robots and a more muted colour palette.

If you like Japanese strategy games, that SE game might be good, but a totally misleading trailer as they constantly mixed in subpar game graphics with tons of whizzing CGI snippets.

SeraphJan

I think Sony needs a leadership change. Nothing else can fix this mediocrity. This is not the same company that used to produce incredible E3 and PSX shows, and won us over with AAA titles with incredible production values. These state of plays feel cheap and are full of trash I would never want to showcase on my system. Forspoken and Returnal DLC were the only decent games on the show. Everything else should never be FEATURED in a PLAYSTATION show.

You have to have some quality control. You have to have some pride in your system. You cannot keep putting out these mediocre titles that barely look as good as PS3 games when you are trying to showcase the future of Playstation. Quality over quantity used to be their motto. That is why we all became Sony fans. Not because of this trash.

I think I am done with these State of Plays. I've been fooled way too many times.
Nintendo Direct was mostly well received without "incredible production values", and this state of play was aiming for Japanese market anyways. I don't think every game need to have high production value. The two SE games looks fun to me.

Last edited:

TheMan

May drop some cash on returnal with a new coop mode. The game screamed coop to me from the get go.

Did they ever add the save game feature?

FrozenFlame

Yeah, besides Trek to Yumi and Returnal coop, this absolutly awful, and this is from someone that already had really low expectations. Then again, rare are the games made in Japan that I truly enjoy (not to say that they still seem stuck1~2 generations ago).

SJRB

Gold Member
I swear to god Square Enix is basically a bigger budget "RPG Maker" dev at this point.

engstra

Finally some Returnal news! Don't give a shit about coop mode but the new tower area looks dope. Other than that Trek to Yomi looks intriguing (samurai sifu basically). Ghostwire could be good and Forspoken has looked interesting since it was first shown. The rest of the games in that presentation looked pretty fucking awful

Smoke6

I think Sony needs a leadership change. Nothing else can fix this mediocrity. This is not the same company that used to produce incredible E3 and PSX shows, and won us over with AAA titles with incredible production values. These state of plays feel cheap and are full of trash I would never want to showcase on my system. Forspoken and Returnal DLC were the only decent games on the show. Everything else should never be FEATURED in a PLAYSTATION show.

You have to have some quality control. You have to have some pride in your system. You cannot keep putting out these mediocre titles that barely look as good as PS3 games when you are trying to showcase the future of Playstation. Quality over quantity used to be their motto. That is why we all became Sony fans. Not because of this trash.

I think I am done with these State of Plays. I've been fooled way too many times.
Damn dude they told us what was in this state of play and wasn’t even announced until a few days prior! How do y’all get your hopes up for updates to current games and what’s to come?

The big events people will be falling over themselves just to soil it more than they have this past week! Just chill and be patient

"Mediocrity"

Jesus christ, the hyperbole is to asinine levels.

Dr Bass

I wonder why they didn't just call that strategy RPG FF Tactics 2, but I'm the guy always saying "make new stuff" so I'll roll with it. Still won't get it though.

I'll check out the Returnal update and of course I'll buy the turtles collection on whatever platform I think that's best suited for (I'm sure it's on xbox and switch as well).

That's more than enough for me.

I don't understand all the belly aching about how not absolutely everything appeals to some users. It comes across as being totally miserable. Like I said, I want almost nothing from this show, and yet I am totally satisfied with what I saw.

I'd rather spend hours debating the merits of VRR with @Riky than play 99% of the games shown today.
You are a much stronger man than I am. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fbh

That dino EDF and that Final Fantasy Tactics type game looked like they could be fun.

Everything else was meh. That new valkyrie profile game looked cheap as hell.

Louay

I would rate this a C+ it was alright. Those last 2 games are definitely coming to switch.
the shit looks garbage, can run on switch. also look like these game don't have big budget. SE want to low investment and High return

I knew this wasn't going to do much for me with a focus on Japanese devs and it didn't, so much of it has a samey art style and still looks like mid last gen running at a higher res. That black and white samurai game that was announced at E3 last year still looks really cool though and forespoken looked better this time even though their clouds look terrible.

anthony2690

Banned
Wasn't able to watch this, anyone got a bullet point list of what got announced ?
* Dino Anthem Crisis
* Ghost wire
* PS3 JoJo Port
* TMNT Collection
* Overwatch Gundam Edition
* Disappointment
* Profound sadness
* Super low budget looking sqaure enix games. (I thought the second game was going to be Babylon's fall dlc at first)
* & I can't really remember anything else, nothing note worthy sadly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom