• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play returns next Wednesday

Kev Kev

Fuck Yes!! Roll on GAF making this event something way bigger than it is and then complaining how they didn't show enough big games.

I won't be watching.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Markio128

Yep, just FF16 would be of any great interest to me. I can’t really think of anything else….. Maybe a tease of Haven’s new game? Probably too early.

KAL2006

Banned
Megatons
Bioshock 3
Dragons Dogma 2
Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake

I think we will get one of those maybe and then just more of the games that are coming from now until Q2 2022, so stuff like Forespoken, Hogwarts, and maybe we may get Final Fantasy 16.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I really hope this has something worth seeing, but I can't think of a single State of Play that was... good. They really need to work on these presentations.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
What are u smoking. State of Plays have had FFVII Remake, Returnal, Horizon and The Last of Us

Outside of FF7Remake (which I saw long before at E3 and not at a State of Play), none of these interested me in their previews on these shows. Returnal only got my attention after it had been released and I saw friends and colleagues really enjoying it and having a chance to try it out myself. If I had only been exposed to it via State of Play, I would have completely missed out on an amazing game, because the trailers provided made it look like a boring, monotonous mess.

Horizon and TLOU are some of the most bland and forgettable games in Sony's lineup for me personally. Couldn't give less of a shit if I tried about either of them.

Last edited:

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
State of Play on Wednesday?

New Sonic game exclusive on the PS5 only capable with the PS5 ssd.

Outside of FF7Remake (which I saw long before at E3 and not at a State of Play), none of these interested me in their previews on these shows. Returnal only got my attention after it had been released and I saw friends and colleagues really enjoying it and having a chance to try it out myself. If I had only been exposed to it via State of Play, I would have completely missed out on an amazing game, because the trailers provided made it look like a boring, monotonous mess.

Horizon and TLOU are some of the most bland and forgettable games in Sony's lineup for me personally. Couldn't give less of a shit if I tried about either of them.
E3 was the reveal, PSX had 8 seconds of gameplay and SoP had an actual trailer with gameplay and finalized UI.

Returnals State of Play was really good, it showed basically everything possible without spoiling biomes and it sold me on the game.

Horizons SoP was also really damn good. Colorful aesthetic, underwater showcase and a neat glider with some cool additional melee gameplay shown

It also has some of the highest engagement for a video game showcase out there. To each their own but I think State of Plays are actually in a great place right now

kyliethicc

Aren't all shows ads of some kind?
Sure but with 1st party its just self promotion. Normal business.

While 3rd party State of Plays are like digital commercials Sony runs and rents out to the highest bidders. They exist solely so Sony can sell the spots.

Source and kinda depends on what the last two are.
Source ?

That's my bet on what it'll be lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom