• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play | April 29, 2021 - 15 Mins of Ratchet and Clank + Two Indies

FunkMiller

Sony with this and Returnal.

Ukulele Spinning GIF

TheAssist

Huh! So that was it? Cool gameplay footage, but I was hoping to see something new today too. I guess that's for E3.
I dont know what more Sony is supposed to do here. They clearly said 2 indies and Ratchet update. What are people expecting? The YT chat was full of those "what, thats it?" comments.

Anyway.

I really like the density of it all. You can just walk around and see so many interactions and dialogue. Feels more and more like "living, breathing worlds". Of course it looks amazing. Gameplays is good old ratchet and clank style combat, which has always been fun. Its just a very polished version of that, which is fine.

Did he mention that you can FEEL the impact of each weapon?^^

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Man i really don’t buy a playstation 5 for these kids games.

i fucking love my switch. But the last thing i want to play on my ps5 is this mario ripoff..
It just lacks something and i can’t put my finger on it

there is srsly only one platformer i would instantly buy on ps5 and that is the one from team asobi (astro bot) i always thought ratchet was a boring good looking platformer.

i tried it AGAIN. When it was free recently..
but i just do not care about this IP period.

i am glad for the fans of this IP.
but would you srsly pick ratchet over mario?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned

i fucking love my switch. But the last thing i want to play on my ps5 is this mario ripoff..

there is srsly only one platformer i would instantly buy on ps5 and that is the one from team asobi (astro bot) i always thought ratchet was a boring good looking platformer.

if you did not think that was impressive, you have no soul.

Off to the gallows with you.

Last edited:

FingerBang

I love both series, they're nothing alike. Seriously, completely different games.

MastaKiiLA

I dont know what more Sony is supposed to do here. They clearly said 2 indies and Ratchet update. What are people expecting? The YT chat was full of those "what, thats it?" comments.

Anyway.

I really like the density of it all. You can just walk around and see so many interactions and dialogue. Feels more and more like "living, breathing worlds". Of course it looks amazing. Gameplays is good old ratchet and clank style combat, which has always been fun. Its just a very polished version of that, which is fine.

I didn't read anything other than they were having a SoP show today. If they already mentioned what they would show, then cool. I was not in front of the TV until the start of the Subnautica video. So maybe I missed something before that.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Yes. Absolutely I've played and finished all full-length R&C games on PS2/3/4, I've yet to finish one Mario game. I usually play them for a couple of days but they never grab me. Super Mario Galaxy was my favorite, but I never proceeded past the half-way point.

I don't know, ask your mom.

Arun1910

Anyway.

YouTube chat is always a cesspool. Doesn't matter what premiere or show for whatever company, YouTube chat is just full of idiots.

kyoji

My dream is for capcom to make a megaman game in the visual layout style of Ratchet & Clank, Looks fun ill be adding this to my collection this summer.

dcmk7

Banned

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

MastaKiiLA

This franchise is nothing like Mario. There's a reason that the first R&C ads always focused on the weapons. Let me know when Mario wields a space bazooka. Even the platforming is different from Mario.

TheAssist

I didn't read anything other than they were having a SoP show today. If they already mentioned what they would show, then cool. I was not in front of the TV until the start of the Subnautica video. So maybe I missed something before that.
Wasnt really directed at you personally. Sorry if it came out that way.
I guess the youtube comments tilted me a bit with all their ridiculous speculations. Hype is fine, but dont be unreasonable. But some people love to be let down.

Edit: look at what the guy above me quoted. Thats the kind of stuff I hate.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

Incredible graphics! But the water/liquid is still flat like the 2016 title, or i'm wrong ? I hate flat water/liquid in games, and on playstation 5 it's no longer excusable! I hope i'm wrong, because it's not clear from the footage, at least for me.

Dunno why I expected more, or at leaste something new/interesting. But I also didn't read anything about whats gonna be shown despite the obvious Ratchet and Clank stuff.

So yeah obviously my bad for having more/other expectations.

Still showing off something noone expected would be a good way to keep more people interested in those state of play streams.
:)

Last edited:

John Wick

That was mighty impressive. Can't believe people expected an E3 style showcase when they clearly stated an extended look at R&C.
Who the heck compares Mario to R&C? Totally different. Sackboy A Big Adventure is more inline with Mario.

kyoji

Lots of variety in the 1st 7 months of the PS lineup, im not the slightest bit suprised though since you can trace diverse offerings dating back to the original playstation, and this is only the begining of the gen! Thats why its even more funny to laugh at the jason s. article focusing on sony and making 'blockbuster ' (like the last of us or god of war etc.) When games like ratchet have already been in development for some time already. It's Also funny to laugh at the rats who are quick to say something like 'walking sim' and then when you get a game like returnal or ratchet or souls or countless others its always a different petty gripe. Must be miserable. Lol.

ethomaz

Banned
I did loved the R&C part but where is the two indies?

Edit - I saw now Subnaltica a and Among Us.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That warp ability is insane on a technical and executive feedback level. Looks so satisfying.
They are showing off....Dayum....

The purple rifts can be part of fights? Rivet went into a rift at full speed with the world already loaded before she went in? (we saw this already with the rails part in the other trailer)

Worlds are bigger, denser....

This is insane....

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sid Meier: "A game is a series of interesting choices."

NeoGAF: "A game is ultra short loading times, shiny pretty things, and eye vomit."

Top Bottom