• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play 9-24-19

Pejo

Kinda disappointing honestly. Last of Us 2 looks pretty good though. I like how the player initiated attacks seem to have actually enemy model damage, as shown when elly slashes the face of the lady. That's some pretty high quality attention to detail, provided it's not all cutscene. I'm a little surprised they blew their load with the Joel reveal, but that probably means he's gonna die.

Jtibh

Banned
I guess we cried soo much about the lesbos they made sure to kill her off in the first minute of the trailer in your face style.

Otherwise wow. Cant wait.

Last edited:

scalman

yes hes back
6ETmHYd.png

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Okay they was losing me at the beginning of that trailer, then I thought just play for gameplay.
Then Joel happened.....
They got my attention.

ZiriusOne

Is this REALLY going to be the story of LoU2? "They killed my girlfriend and now i'm going on a revenge tour"". That would be terribly uninspired and boring.

Also no Batman stinks.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

At least we know that the lesbo part will be short, since the whole game seems to be about avenging the girlfriend death.
Am I the only one hyped for Arise??

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Fuck this shit.
Make you preorder death stranding only to tell you last second that there is a limited edition with the game included.

DarkBatman

Is this REALLY going to be the story of LoU2? "They killed my girlfriend and now i'm going on a revenge tour"". That would be terribly uninspired and boring.

Also no Batman stinks.

If you look at the trailers for the first part, the story is basically "Bring the girl from A to B".
So I guess waiting for the actual game would be better right now, before jumping to conclusions. ;)

nani17

are in a big trouble
Amazing we see a bit of the trailer and everyone assumes it all about They killed my girlfriend. It's Naugty Dog.

It could be that then we know she will eventually find out that Joel lied to her. If the whole game is about her revenge don't give a shit it's a Naughty Dog game there amazing.

Last edited:

Also no Batman stinks.

What do you expect, Brue Straley is gone, Uncharted went to shit after Amy Henning is gone. Druckmann is running the show

Bryank75

Banned
Arise looked great and I LOVE Civ, so I'm super hyped to spend countless hours on that.

I already have MW 85 yoyo edition paid, so that's awesome.

TLOU2 was incredible looking and I'm not even one of the hardcore fans.... really looked visceral. Day after my Bday too...

Dr Kaneda

Snow sections looked boring in my opinion. Got RDR2 vibes and from what they showed it seemed like a lot of that area was set-pieces. Once they moved on from that it got much better.

Didn't like the long black cuts between each shot though. Hide the fact that most of the gameplay they showed was extremely short and didn't give viewers a chance to actually scrutinise it.

Bryank75

Banned
Still nothing from Studio Japan. :messenger_pensive: I like some of Sony's western games but if thats all they are going to give then we gonna boring next gen.

I think she already knew from the original game's ending.
They have something big in development, there was some stuff being said recently.

Shagger

Banned
Quick summary.

COD Looked gorgeous, but it's still just the next cod

Arise looked interesting, have to watch out for that one.

PS plus sucks for October. A game nobody wants and a game everyone who wants it owns it by now.

Some the VR stuff looked cool, but I don't have VR. Skip.

But thena high note a great trailer for TLOU part 2and it's coming soon than expected on February 21st 2020. Joel is alive :D , but more certain than ever Diana's dead :(

Short, mostly dull, but served it's purpose.

Top Bottom