• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play 9-24-19

Romulus

Sad truth is Sony have very little need to show much at all, given the state of the competition.

Yea even as an xbox fan I have absolutely no desire to own another Microsoft console after this generation. I'd rather just play their "exclusives" on my average pc.

And Switch sucks imo other than a few select games. I'd rather play them at double the framerate and resolution in a few years on emulators.

D.Final

Banned
Today is the last day.

May 2020
February 2020
Or another month?

+ maybe today we could see a launch trailer for Death Stranding.

ksdixon

.........Screw it, dream big or go home.
WXCrFBYj5LpDOL_aMeXeF-pQFHc=.gif

This is me.

Whitecrow

Banned
Just got a ps4 pro this month and played a little bit (10h) of Uncharted 4. I honestly didn't like most of it. Production is top-notch but the gameplay...felt like a climb simulator. I never played TLOU, should I do it? How is the gameplay compared to U4?
TLOU gameplay >>> U4

Honestly, I would not try to enjoy U4 for its gameplay, it's just repetitive and boring.

I would advise you to try and immerse yourself into the story, the narrative, the world and its art, and try to enjoy the chat between the characters, try to be one more of the adventure.
I think the game do those things a lot better that the gameplay itself.

Birdo

Banned
I'm hoping for a UK price drop (Still £250 here for a 500GB Slim :messenger_dizzy:).

I want to get back into modern gaming and I'm poor :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Why is it always about the competition? State of Play refers to the state of PlayStation. I'm not much interested in Xbox either but that's no excuse to see less from SIE.

Basically because this is just advertising. And the amount of promotion you need to maximize sales very much depends on how much competition you are up against.

Its all about tapping the gas when you need to gain momentum, and knowing when to hold stuff in reserve so as to counter a charge from the competition. Which is basically the mode Sony's been in all year, they know that next year stands to be far more challenging and critical to their long term profits, they just need to maintain position til then.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
*patrols rooftop*

*all of a sudden see dark shape move in the distance*

ITS THE FUCKIN BAT!!!

rashbeep

Banned
Just got a ps4 pro this month and played a little bit (10h) of Uncharted 4. I honestly didn't like most of it. Production is top-notch but the gameplay...felt like a climb simulator. I never played TLOU, should I do it? How is the gameplay compared to U4?

It's definitely better than U4 but that's a low bar

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Should you play the best game ever made? YES!

Top Bottom