• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD pre-load now available on Steam PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Starfield, the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4, will be releasing about 48 hours from now for players who purchased the Digital Premium Edition.

Pre-load for the early access of Starfield on Steam is now live.

Last edited:
Animation Smile GIF by renderfruit

Shit, I might just go for it and get the premium edition. I didn’t know it included an expansion.

I’m not paying the £86 for the premium edition but cdkeys has it for £64 and it seems they will send the key right away so I can preload.

Last edited:
Preloading it now ............ urgh 7 hours now this takes me back to the days of dial up and before any smart arse goes "brah get a better connection" I am on the best connection old copper wiring can offer.

mhirano

Downloading it as I type this.
I bought the Standard edition but regretted waiting more to play it. Is there any way to buy just the DLC or upgrade to the premium edition?

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Downloading it as I type this.
I bought the Standard edition but regretted waiting more to play it. Is there any way to buy just the DLC ou upgrade to the premium edition?
I believe the Premium Upgrade is limited to the Xbox version. You'd need to do a refund on the standard edition and buy the premium edition instead. How long ago did you buy the game? Technically refunds are limited to 14 days from purchase and 2hrs. of play time.

*edit* Yep...
Can players upgrade to premium via Steam?
The Premium Edition Upgrade for Steam will be available at launch on September 6. It does not include Early Access. For Early Access on Steam, you can purchase the Starfield Premium Edition. If you’ve purchased the Standard Edition on Steam, you are able to refund the Standard and purchase the Premium on Steam at any time prior to September 6.

Last edited:

mhirano

I believe the Premium Upgrade is limited to the Xbox version. You'd need to do a refund on the standard edition and buy the premium edition instead. How long ago did you buy the game? Technically refunds are limited to 14 days from purchase and 2hrs. of play time.

*edit* Yep...

Thanks, bro. Unfortunately I bought it on a 3rd party (GMG), so I guess I'll wait

Qtlgpuy.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thanks for the heads up. Seems every game is over 100GB these days.

It's a lot more understandable for a game like this than say .. CoD Blops 3 which is 200+~ GB for a 6 hour campaign, some MP and Warzone.

Garibaldi

Shit, I might just go for it and get the premium edition. I didn’t know it included an expansion.

I’m not paying the £86 for the premium edition but cdkeys has it for £64 and it seems they will send the key right away so I can preload.
I can confirm this btw. I got my premium and pre-order pack keys from them last week. So you'll be good to go.

Last edited:

GHG

Waiting on real world impressions on this one. Too much conflicting noise. The truth will be known within a week of release.

keraj37

Since it is PC predownload, sombody crack it and enable play! You would win internet with early gamplay footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom