• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | e3 Trailer

the simpsons GIF by ciervo-blanco

scydrex

No gameplay... will not think of this game until i see gameplay. If it's next year E3 so be it. Does it use the same engine as oblivion or fallout 3? I see it says Creation Engine 2 but will believe it when i see gameplay and more of this game.

Last edited:

Tschumi

About a year ago:
Spencer: "Okay we just got chewed out really bad for handing up a ton of cinematics."
Developers: "Right on..."
Spencer: "So, for next E3... We wanna double down on cinematics, keep 'em guessing."

I know nothing at all about this game. Apparently according to another thread it's Indiana Jones meets Skyrim in space. So that sounds to me like Skyrim in Space with reworked 'dungeons'. Let's see...

Quantum253

Is this the trailer with the guy in space and the holographic girl? I'm confused. :messenger_winking_tongue:
But seriously,
I really expected a major showing complete with gameplay mechanics and worlds explained. Nada.
I have the same feelings as before the showing. I still want to know more.
The only thing I learned is the release date. Oh and mechs. The game's going to have mechs.
Isn't that how it goes though? First reveal, then some trickles of info, by next E3 a deep dive with gameplay and just enough info to last until fall of release.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I'm cautiously optimistic, but please...please...

Let us have actual attractive character customization.

I'm so tired of companies making the female character options look androgynous. I don't need to deal with further dysphoria simply from playing a videogame. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

LcGpg3x.jpg
This so much. It is SO hard to make an attractive female character in the Bethesda character creator. Thankfully I always play in the first person view so I rarely have to see my ugly character. I don't think they necessarily look manly, they just look ugly no matter how you tweak them.

Neolombax

I like the tone of it. I like the cockpit design. I like the gun design. The mech design is a bit ehh. Not much else to go by.

Kilau

Gold Member
This so much. It is SO hard to make an attractive female character in the Bethesda character creator. Thankfully I always play in the first person view so I rarely have to see my ugly character. I don't think they necessarily look manly, they just look ugly no matter how you tweak them.
Crazy thing is, as bad as they are, Bethesda faces have actually improved a fair amount lol.
zTB1cyI.jpg
Let’s hope they’ve turned a corner on this area.

Entroyp

The premise of the game is much much better than I expected. I’m in. Hopefully we get some gameplay soon.

Bkdk

Creation 2 so basically gamebryo super hevily overhaul, but I'm hyped that it's very likely to support robust modding again which is all I care about. Another few hundred hours for modding!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's not just the lack of gameplay, there's really not a lot here to help me visualize the world of the game. I dig the hard sci-fi/near future vibes, and the little realistic touches like the hatch getting stuck. It feels miles away from the Mass Effect clone I assumed it would be.

But they're sitting in a barren wasteland and I am having a hard time visualizing what they'd actually be doing there.

Vagswarm

Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI are going to be absolute juggernauts. They've been in development for ages without the usual hiccups, delays or excuses.

Disagree Ive made many hot babes in Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Kuranghi

What a let down, to me this is clearly just a bunch of pre-rendered footage that won't look anything like the proper game.

Yes, I know it said "in-engine pre alpha footage" but that means fuck all really, its the same as Hellblade 2 and STALKER 2. It might be assets that will be in the game, with graphics tech that will be in the game but the animation, motion and image quality is not what you'll get.

The whole Xbox show was just the same CGI/pre-rendered fest we've been used to from MS for years, I'm so borrrrrred with this.

At least Forza looks amazing.

Razvedka

Banned
Looks very inspired by Prometheus/Covenant with respect to the internals of the ship. Pretty awesome looking graphically and artistically.

11/22 though? It's kind of strange for Bethesda to show a game off that's well over a year away isn't it?

Camreezie

I did not get a hint of the Indiana Jones in space vibe from this trailer. Maybe they got confused and the Indiana Jones Bethesda games takes place in space? Lol

MayauMiao

I got nothing out of the trailer and if anything it made me no care about the game.

Wish Bethesda gave us some Fallout 5 info.

Top Bottom