• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | e3 Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
5ff4eca4d46994d50f136d2ac32ae95d599dbc09.jpg

Starfield is the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the creators of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout.
In this next generation RPG set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom.
Harnessing the power of next-gen technology and built on the all-new Creation Engine 2, Starfield takes you on a journey through space as you strive to answer humanity’s greatest mystery.

Starfield arrives exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on 11.11.22

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
At least the giant robot captured the feel of Bethesda's animation quality. It's also kind of funny how "robotic" they are trying to portrait the movement. Pete Hines should go knock on the door of his neighbors at Boston Dynamics.

Laptop1991

I'll wait and see, when the game comes out, i hope it's a good singleplayer game, but Bethesda lost my trust as a fan when they tried to multiplayer their games and lied alot lol.

Pallas

Looks nice, I like the art direction. Kind of wish we had some sort of gameplay but looking at the release date, it’s still over a year away.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Can't wait to see gameplay. Cool that they got Selene from Returnal in there. That's gonna make all those trolls who got angry about "soccer moms" being in games rise up again I guess.

Witchilich

Many think Next Gen graphics are not possible in Creation Engine. This is what I achieved by modding Skyrim LE(the 2011 version) on an AMD FX-4300 and GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
Skyrim came out in 2011 and by then standards of that gen it was pretty good, but Fallout 4 looked a bit dated. Can't wait to see what Bethesda achieves after spending more than half to completely overhaul their tools for next gen. I am ready to sink hundreds of hours into another Bethesda game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
While this trailer tells us nothing, it still has me intrigued... I fucking love hard sci-fi, which this is seems to kind of be?

Maybe this will be what forces me to own both major consoles, which I've never felt the need for before.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Many think Next Gen graphics are not possible in Creation Engine. This is what I achieved by modding Skyrim LE(the 2011 version) on an AMD FX-4300 and GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
Skyrim came out in 2011 and by then standards of that gen it was pretty good, but Fallout 4 looked a bit dated. Can't wait to see what Bethesda achieves after spending more than half to completely overhaul their tools for next gen. I am ready to sink hundreds of hours into another Bethesda game.

That honestly looks really bad for a next-gen game. Which I realize it isn't, but yeah.

Last edited:
Is this the trailer with the guy in space and the holographic girl? I'm confused. :messenger_winking_tongue:
But seriously,
I really expected a major showing complete with gameplay mechanics and worlds explained. Nada.
I have the same feelings as before the showing. I still want to know more.
The only thing I learned is the release date. Oh and mechs. The game's going to have mechs.

kyoji

no gameplay *pretends to act shocked* but if i had to guess this is bethsedas no man sky

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I hope they are working on Elder Scrolls with another team, or else we have to wait 300 years before we get it.

This trailer screams "we are in development hell and don't know what to show".

dyergram

All those insiders saying it might launch this year when all we got was pre alpha no gameplay trailer is pretty disappointing also no Tom cruise. I wonder if we would have even got this trailer had me not bought Bethesda.

interesting to see the ammo count on the weapon when the astronaut places it down on the table.

Is this game going to have a minimalist HUD like Dead Space?

Top Bottom