• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Squadrons Launches October 2nd on PC, PS4, XB - Full Cross-Play & VR Support on PC

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So strange that they won't even say they plan a next gen patch for this game. I guess they must be uncertain on how this will sell and if it will be worth their effort.

VFXVeteran

Banned
At least to get it on par with the PC equivalent as far as resolution, textures, and framerate.

It might be equivalent to the PC version. I don't see anything unsettling about the trailer. Of course we don't know what version was running in the trailer. The next-gen consoles should be able to run this in lock step with the PC version.

FrankWza

I’m more interested in HOTAS than VR. But I don’t have VR headset. Hope there isn’t an issue playing this on ps4 with stick. I know the sticks are compatible with ps5 but hopefully BC doesn’t make it an issue

Romulus

I’m more interested in HOTAS than VR. But I don’t have VR headset. Hope there isn’t an issue playing this on ps4 with stick. I know the sticks are compatible with ps5 but hopefully BC doesn’t make it an issue

Hotas will be a huge addition, but VR is the only thing I've ever used for flight games that's absolutely transformative.

FrankWza

Hotas will be a huge addition, but VR is the only thing I've ever used for flight games that's absolutely transformative.

I believe it. I’ll try VR when the release the new version. Hopefully a lightsaber game releases too. But they wentfrom no hotas support to patching it in. Gotta be grateful for that.

00_Zer0

Just pre-ordered on Steam. Right now I still own an Oculus Rift S. I wonder if this game will feel awkward in VR using the Rift S Touch controllers or if it will be better to use Xbox controller in VR? Since I don't game at a computer desk I bet a flight controller would not work sitting in my lap so that will be out of the question for now unless I get a small portable tray or desk that I can pull out when I use it.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Finally set up the HOTAS last night. What a difference in emergence. When I was flying the XWing I looked down at my hand moving the flight stick and it was one to one movement. Amazing.
Also the VR headset kinda feels like your putting on a flight helmet. All good.

Top Bottom