• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Pinball VR - Announcement Trailer I PS VR

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Star Wars Pinball VR launches April 29 with eight amazing tables: The Mandalorian and Star Wars Classic Collectibles – two tables never released anywhere else before – are joined by six remastered favorites, including Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Star Wars Episode V: The
Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Star Wars Rebels, and Masters of the Force.

Star Wars Pinball VR upgrades the Star Wars Pinball experience with new features exclusive to this release, like the fully customizable “fan cave,” which houses your pinball table as well as many Star Wars helmets, blasters, lightsabers, and other items earned through successful play. Total Immersion mode allows you to experience everything at table level, and fully 360-degree minigames surround you with iconic Star Wars set pieces.

Last edited:

j^aws

Pinball is underrated in VR. Not the real thing, but depth perception is great, where you can find subtle angles by moving your head around and getting views to shoot for higher points. It's definitely different than just starring at a flat screen and judging.

Agent X

Pinball is underrated in VR. Not the real thing, but depth perception is great, where you can find subtle angles by moving your head around and getting views to shoot for higher points. It's definitely different than just starring at a flat screen and judging.
I've never played a VR pinball game, but this description makes a lot of sense. In that regard, it probably feels a lot closer to playing an actual pinball machine.

Mr.ODST

How many times are they going to milk this, bought it on my switch after years ago paying for all the tables on PS4, now they release in VR with limited amount of tables.

If you can just buy the Switch ver

j^aws

I've never played a VR pinball game, but this description makes a lot of sense. In that regard, it probably feels a lot closer to playing an actual pinball machine.
Higher resolution and ray-tracing upgrades will make it even closer - perfect for shiny pinball. Hopefully, we get a new engine making these improvements.

Wonko_C

On one side I'm happy Zen goes the extra mile when adapting the tables to VR, adding animations and flourishes outside the table itself. On the other side this limits the amount of tables we have in VR.

With the newly announced iteration of their Pinball FX platform, I hoped every table would just be playable in VR without having to purchase a separate game, even if it meant ditching the pretty backgrounds and animations. Just put me in a generic room with the table and no frills, so I can play all of my normal tables in VR.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Star Wars™ Pinball VR is now available to play on the PlayStation VR. Jump into a galaxy far, far away once again, and immerse yourself in virtual reality pinball!

Play on 8 Star Wars™ Pinball tables - including 2 brand new ones, exclusive to the VR version, The Mandalorian and Classic Collectibles. Enjoy features like your very own customizable ‘Fan Cave’, Total Immersion Mode, Career Mode, and more.

The only thing you need to do now is donning your VR headset, press play, and start getting those jackpots!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Now with 10 pinball tables – Droids joins Star Wars™ Pinball VR for free!

Having narrowly evaded the clutches of Darth Vader and the Galactic Empire, our two hapless Droids find themselves scavenged by the Jawas on the planet of Tatooine. Carrying Leia's message for Obi-Wan Kenobi and the vital plans to the Death Star, R2-D2 must escape with the assistance of C-3PO in order to continue his mission.

Table features:
- Help R2-D2 and C-3PO escape the Jawa's Sandcrawler as they join the fun right next to your pinball machine. But watch out for the Jawas!
- Assist other captured Droids to give you perks in the Wizard Mode.
- Use the Sandcrawler's Ore Processor and Magnet Crane mechanisms as playfield toys to start multiball.
- Unlock new Fan Cave customization items - don’t worry, the possibility of navigating through the pinball challenges is not 3720 to 1.

Top Bottom