• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic Remake Revealed

Topher

Gold Member
We don't know any numbers, but of course it's all about business and money. I don't think an exclusive deal is impossible since Sony managed to get Wolverine, but as you said: Time will tell.

Not really comparable to Wolverine since Sony and Marvel have had a close working relationship for decades. Combined that with the fact that Marvel video games have performed horribly in recent years until Insomniac's Spider-Man and it isn't hard to figure out why Marvel returned to Sony for Wolverine. Frankly, I think if Indiana Jones was going to be exclusive to Xbox/PC then Microsoft would be broadcasting that news as loud as they could, but I could be wrong.

Not to mention there's no history of her hating the R&C games or its fanbase, unlike with KOTOR.

Only thing I saw her say about KOTOR was when asked if it was her favorite and she said no. Was there something else she said?

Last edited:
Frankly, I think if Indiana Jones was going to be exclusive to Xbox/PC then Microsoft would be broadcasting that news as loud as they could, but I could be wrong.
I don't think so. Even their own games could possibly go to PS. They said that future Bethesda games will come to other consoles on a case by case basis. So even if they had Indiana exclusively it doesn't mean it's been decided yet what they are gonna do:

I don't think so. Even their own games could possibly go to PS. They said that future Bethesda games will come to other consoles on a case by case basis. So even if they had Indiana exclusively it doesn't mean it's been decided yet what they are gonna do:
Not this case by case nonsense the only said that then because they couldn’t speak on that stuff before the acquisition was completed. Since then everything has been exclusive that wasn’t previously announced for other platforms there’s nothing suggesting that pattern will change going forward.

Not this case by case nonsense the only said that then because they couldn’t speak on that stuff before the acquisition was completed. Since then everything has been exclusive that wasn’t previously announced for other platforms there’s nothing suggesting that pattern will change going forward.
Then they simply could have said "We can't talk about that right now". We will see what happens, but i still think some stuff will just be timed exclusive.

Don't get your hopes up. Sam Maags, an SJW activist was hired to rewrite the script for the game. Maggs is a devout man hating feminist that blames the patriarchy for all of the world problems. She has also openly admitted on several occasions to not liking KOTR. Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but the excitement of the announcement to the disappointment of finding out who is writing for it nearly gave me whiplash. Nothing is sacred anymore and this low IQ idiot is sure to inject her religion into the game. They can't help themselves. Love the Quatering or hate him he has all the receipts on this one:

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up. Sam Maags, an SJW activist was hired to rewrite the script for the game. Maggs is a devout man hating feminist that blames the patriarchy for all of the world problems. She has also openly admitted on several occasions to not liking KOTR. Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but the excitement of the announcement to the disappointment of finding out who is writing for it nearly gave me whiplash. Nothing is sacred anymore and this low IQ idiot is sure to inject her religion into the game. They can't help themselves. Love the Quatering or hate him he has all the receipts on this one:

Dantics also did a video about this as well. Doesn't bode well for the storyline.

intbal

Love the Quatering or hate him he has all the receipts on this one:
I bet plenty of crypto-Reeees on this board would not only never click on a Quartering video, they might report you for -ism behavior just for posting his link :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

So here's a more moderate voice. Video forwarded to the important bits where Maggs's ugly twitter history reveals her true nature.

Btw, when I looked at her twitter a couple of days ago (not sure if she has already removed it), she proudly promoted a book she had written that featured loving biographies of women in history who injure and abuse men. Is that really who you want writing a video game? Forget the franchise. Should this nutcase be writing anything?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
How can you possibly accuse me of this with a straight face, all the while ignoring all the facts about Sam Maggs' actual position at the studio that I've presented?

Neither you nor others have provided any factual evidence to support your fear-mongering idea that any involvement of Sam on the project will mean the project will be fucked.

Your own foolish conjecture doesn't stand up to scrutiny at all when you consider she was a lead writer at Insomniac working on Ratch & Clank: A Rift Apart, and that game had none of the radical leftist propagandizing that you're all claiming is a 100% inevitability.

You're the ones ostensibly hiding from reality, in a poor attempt to push a weird narrative, that because some low-level external contract writer on the project seemingly hates the IP, their views are suddenly going to overrule that majority of internal senior staff writers, game designers and the game director (many of which worked on the original KOTOR game by the dev Aspyr's on admission).

You're making a ridiculous mountain out of a molehill in this thread and embarrassing yourselves while doing it.

But I guess that's the kinda behaviour that's increasingly become the norm on this forum. Especially in threads related to a certain platform holder.... I wonder why...

I can accuse you of hiding from reality as you are clearly hiding from reality. All I am doing is calling a spade a spade.

There is a long and storied history with Sam Maggs for being both a poor writer and a reprehensible person, the fact that she was hired on, even as a consultant, is reason enough for anyone with half a brain cell to be concerned.

Not sure if you are Sam Maggs herself or some simp trying desperately to get into her pants, but have some self-respect, mate.

Not to mention there's no history of her hating the R&C games or its fanbase, unlike with KOTOR.
Yep. However, as I stated before, if Rift Apart is what she can do without pushing her personal beliefs into a story, then I have zero confidence of her writing abilities. Rift Apart was the most generic, mindless writing I have seen in a long while and an insult to that great franchise.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Love the Quatering or hate him he has all the receipts on this one:

I bet plenty of crypto-Reeees on this board would not only never click on a Quartering video, they might report you for -ism behavior just for posting his link :messenger_tears_of_joy:.
The little bitch that threw a tantrum and threatened to piss on the floor because he was hungry and drunk? I think I'll pass.
I'd rather watch an Anita Sarkeesian TED talk than listen to a gross manchild that wants to act like a barn animal.

RAIDEN1

The key question for me is the combat: Will the combat be akin to the Mass Effect series, (recent installments) or will it remain unchanged, if it is unchanged I'll give this a miss...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeaaaaaaaah the more I hear I think you all should just play the original and experience OG Carth Onasi and Bastila Shan.

They will probably ruin Juhani too. SMH

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Real-time combat? All good for me I would definitely be interested..
That would be my guess. But we'll have to wait and see. No casual fans are going to accept auto-attacks with hidden die rolls and frequent misses when standing 2 ft from the enemy. They just wont understand what's even happening unless they played D&D before.

intbal

The little bitch that threw a tantrum and threatened to piss on the floor because he was hungry and drunk? I think I'll pass.
I'd rather watch an Anita Sarkeesian TED talk than listen to a gross manchild that wants to act like a barn animal.
Who are you referring to? I don't watch any pop-culture youtubers regularly, so this incident is unknown to me.

Corndog

Banned
Why would they re-write anything at all ffs. Just update the graphics engine, models and textures, update the UI, and REUSE THE HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF EXISTING CHARACTER AUDIO THAT EVERYONE ALREADY LOVES
Because they probably can’t legally do it.

Christ talk about hype killing. Def will wait for non-mainstream reviews before picking this one up.
Best to find out earlier than waiting years and getting the gut punch they were winding up to give you. Myself and others are here to ruin their traps. Unfortunately, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

It's just funny to me how a lot of the SJW stuff tends to be going after established franchises and stories and retconning them rather than coming up with their own original IP. I was already sceptical on the KOTOR remake when we didn't see any gameplay and only got a cgi sith. This doesn't help to diminish that scepticism at all.

He has actual proof of her saying these things. Wow, ignorance is bliss I guess.

Barakov

Gold Member
GQWUBgX.jpg
Guess I can skip this and Vanguard.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
He has actual proof of her saying these things. Wow, ignorance is bliss I guess.
I did not deny that this woman is a crazy SJW.

My point is that The Quartering is not this great freethinker that deserves the respect of the masses. This man can't even behave professionally on his own livestreams.
I don't even need to know his social or political thoughts, knowing that he doesn't have the self-control to do his job properly is enough for me to dismiss his videos.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Do we know who will be publishing it on Xbox?
Nope. And that's the thing.

We don't even now who is is publishing it on PC either. There is a chance that Sony just publishes it on PC, just like they did with Predator Hunting Grounds. Otherwise, the other publisher would have been revealed by now (having an equally important part as Sony has, it would be odd to completely overshadow the other publisher and not even mention that company in interviews or press releases).

It is. It was in the trailer. It is a joint venture among Lucasfilm, PlayStation, and Aspyr. PlayStation is also helping with the development and publishing of the game.
If so, I missed that it said Sony was publishing.
Edit: Just rewatched. Yea, looks like SIE publishing if that's what "SIE presents" mean.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
If so, I missed that it said Sony was publishing.
Edit: Just rewatched. Yea, looks like SIE publishing if that's what "SIE presents" mean.
It does.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is coming back. Aspyr Media is remaking BioWare and LucasArts’ classic Star Wars role-playing game for PlayStation 5 and Windows PC, the developer revealed Thursday at Sony’s PlayStation Showcase. Sony Interactive Entertainment will publish the remake on PS5. -- Source

If Sony's publishing it, it's likely not ever coming to Xbox. Sounds similar to Nioh and Death Stranding to me. But who k

If Sony's publishing it, it's likely not ever coming to Xbox. Sounds similar to Nioh and Death Stranding to me. But who knows
Well the wording is console launch exclusive. Why not just say console exclusive if it is not coming to other consoles?

What concerns me is why do they have to rewrite the story if the game’s story has already been completed for many years? I don’t like where this is going. Oh yeah, gotta update it for modern audiences, right?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
If Sony's publishing it, it's likely not ever coming to Xbox. Sounds similar to Nioh and Death Stranding to me. But who knows.
Not Death Stranding as it's Sony's IP, but definitely seems like the exact same case as Nioh and Predator Hunting Grounds. Both came on PS and PC but not on other consoles.

Another case. Sony helped with the development of Godfall (didn't publish it though). The timed exclusivity period is up since May, but Godfall hasn't been released on Xbox. Though they have released a PS4 version in the meantime, but no Xbox version.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Not Death Stranding as it's Sony's IP, but definitely seems like the exact same case as Nioh and Predator Hunting Grounds. Both came on PS and PC but not on other consoles.

Another case. Sony helped with the development of Godfall (didn't publish it though). The timed exclusivity period is up since May, but Godfall hasn't been released on Xbox. Though they have released a PS4 version in the meantime, but no Xbox version.
Or Street Fighter V.

The decision to allow this to happen could be down to it being a Sony idea like the Final Fantasy remake so it may not even exist without them.
Of course, it is worth remembering that that Star Wars , like Marvel is now a Disney property and with Sony's handling of the Spider-Man games it could put them in a good position for more licensed games from them.
I've no idea how Guardians of The Galaxy will do, it certainly looks OK but the last interesting game that Eidos Montreal produced for me was Deus Ex and that didn't compare well to the previous Deus Ex games. I know other have enjoyed their games so it is no more than a personal opinion.
Remember that it wasn't long ago that Sony announced they were interested in acquiring some of Fox's IPs so these are properties so these franchises are something that Sony see as important to them.

skit_data

Remember that it wasn't long ago that Sony announced they were interested in acquiring some of Fox's IPs so these are properties so these franchises are something that Sony see as important to them.
Damn, I’d love an Alien/Aliens game published by PlayStation. But I’m a bit more skeptical after how Predator Hunting Grounds turned out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom