• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic Remake Revealed

Airbus Jr

Banned
I ve never played kotor before so this is such a great opportunity thanks for remaking this game

Last edited:
I'm so happy about this, can't wait to play it! At the same time, I'm a little sad they don't make new games like this anymore.

With truly great writing and dialog ur, exhilarating exploration, challenge, meaningful choices and without being so bland, safe and average. I think it's neither so old-school it's tedious or archaic, nor adapted to appeal to a too modern audience.

Mass Effect is fun and all, but way dumbed down compared to KOTOR I think.

gioGAF

Thanks for mentioning that, I was starting to get worried about this one. I hope Aspyr is up to the task and doesn't screw up, I haven't played Kotor in forever and I am looking forward to this.

At this point, it seems good remakes (and games not made in the "West") are the main thing I have to look forward to since everything else is laced with woke politics. The remakes are still wildcards since some people can't leave things alone.

So far, my favorite game of this gen is a remake (Demon's Souls).

Pull n Pray

Banned
Kinda irrelevant when this remake isn't being made by Bioware.

So much concern trolling in this thread.
He made a mistake thinking Bioware was responsible for the remake.

But he is correct that the man-hating feminist who has previously said she didn't like KOTOR is writing the KOTOR re-make.

I'm not concern trolling. I was hyped for this game when it was announced. But learning who is writing it has caused my excitement to all but evaporate. Hopefully her role is minimal. Maybe she writes the dialogue for a single character, and I can just leave this annoying as fuck character on the Ebon Hawk.

Last edited:

Rodolink

damn was about to play the original, (even though i heard rumors for the remake) should I play original or wait for remake? 🤔

But he is correct that the man-hating feminist who has previously said she didn't like KOTOR is writing the KOTOR re-make.

I'm not concern trolling. I was hyped for this game when it was announced. But learning who is writing it has caused my excitement to all but evaporate. Hopefully her role is minimal. Maybe she writes the dialogue for a single character, and I can just leave this annoying as fuck character on the Ebon Hawk.

You're concern trolling.

Sam Maggs is not even listed as a Senior Writer or Lead Writer at Aspyr. She's not "writing the game", in the sense that she's leading in any creative capacity.

All writers listed in Linkedin at Aspyr are:
  • Courtney Woods - Lead Writer
  • Jessica (Jessica Ilko) Sliwinski - Senior Writer
  • Jordan Lemos - Senior Writer
  • Nicole Stanford - Game Writer
  • Sam Maggs - Writer
So given there are three or four more senior people than her on the writing team, I don't think any of the fearmongering and concern trolling is at all warranted.

withincells

Did I miss something from because from what I see, she didn't say she didn't like KOTOR, she said it's not her favorite. That doesn't mean she didn't like it.

Fanboys got worked up about her wearing a shirt that says Star Wars is for everyone? LOL.

intbal

Did I miss something from because from what I see, she didn't say she didn't like KOTOR, she said it's not her favorite. That doesn't mean she didn't like it.

Fanboys got worked up about her wearing a shirt that says Star Wars is for everyone? LOL.
I don't know how she even has time to write anything. She spends every waking moment on twitter. I just went through all of it back through May.

The entirety of her feed:
-Women should be dominating XYZ field
-Workplace misogyny
-Gay is awesome
-Vaccines

Nothing about story structure, compelling characters (except where gay), interactivity in narratives.

Sony turning a beloved once Xbox exclusive into a PlayStation exclusive at launch is a strong play.
Yeah, this felt like a big middle finger to Microsoft by them considering they opened the show (proper) with it, of all things. At the same time, begs the question why Microsoft didn't pitch in for it in any way, the optimistic answer would be they might be working on their own SW game with an internal team...I mean actual official Star Wars, not inspired-by-Star Wars like Starfield.

Anyway it's a power move for sure, the only thing up for question is the studio itself. Doesn't seem like they have much of a prior catalog to go off on. Then again they have Sony's backing as well as LucasArt Games' so I'm sure they'll fight to make sure it's high quality if need be.

drganon

I don't know how she even has time to write anything. She spends every waking moment on twitter. I just went through all of it back through May.

The entirety of her feed:
-Women should be dominating XYZ field
-Workplace misogyny
-Gay is awesome
-Vaccines

Nothing about story structure, compelling characters (except where gay), interactivity in narratives.
I'm fairly certain she's never been hired for any position because of her "writing" abilities.

Lupingosei

Banned
You're concern trolling.

Sam Maggs is not even listed as a Senior Writer or Lead Writer at Aspyr. She's not "writing the game", in the sense that she's leading in any creative capacity.

All writers listed in Linkedin at Aspyr are:
  • Courtney Woods - Lead Writer
  • Jessica (Jessica Ilko) Sliwinski - Senior Writer
  • Jordan Lemos - Senior Writer
  • Nicole Stanford - Game Writer
  • Sam Maggs - Writer
So given there are three or four more senior people than her on the writing team, I don't think any of the fearmongering and concern trolling is at all warranted.
You are really going to pretend that the crazy SJW will not take over within no time by using all the usual blackmail methods.

In the comic industry, successful veterans have rolled over like good little puppies to beginners who sold less than 1000 books.

CGiRanger

Banned
Worried this game is going to be woke trash.

Whenever I see quotes like this about Remakes...
In an interview with StarWars.com, Treadwell also reiterated, “Our big goals on this are to bring the story to a modern audience and have it be just as impactful today as it was for players when it originally launched.”
Or some other form of "we need to modernize it!", always makes me shake my head. Who the fuck wants things "modernized?" I know most people probably feel the classics are more impactful than today's modern trash. Not to mention, "Modernizing" often always is a codeword for WOKE these days from the California creative types.

Flintty

Nice! I’ll either pick up on PC or wait for XSX version, depending how my backlog is looking. I can see the ‘GOTY’ type version coming on Gamepass eventually though...

LMJ

Nice! I’ll either pick up on PC or wait for XSX version, depending how my backlog is looking. I can see the ‘GOTY’ type version coming on Gamepass eventually though...

Will there be an Xbox version? one of the intro studios behind the game is Sony Interactive...

not saying it's not, just seems odd is all

Flintty

Will there be an Xbox version? one of the intro studios behind the game is Sony Interactive...

not saying it's not, just seems odd is all
Tweet said console launch exclusive so I imagine it’ll come to Xbix eventually. That said, I’m still waiting for FFVII remake 😂

If not, PC is just fine.

LMJ

Fair enough Flintty Flintty
Man I can't wait for more of HK47 in HD with such amazing quotes as

"Query: This "meatbag" is an incoherent babble of useless information. Can I shoot him?"

NO CENSORING MY FAVORITE CHARACTER DEVS
No No No GIF by Chaz French

Top Bottom