• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic Remake Revealed

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
One of the best Star Wars games is back

To be clear, the game is launching DAY ONE on PS5/PC

Developer Aspyr is creating a remake of the original Knights of the Old Republic, and the developer showed the first teaser during the PlayStation Showcase today.

The game will be a PS5 console exclusive at launch. Regarding a PC version, nothing has been indicated for the moment. Also coming to PC at launch.
"The teams at Aspyr and Sony Interactive Entertainment have teamed up with Lucasfilm Games to bring you a remake of this cult Star Wars adventure.
We are recreating one of the greatest RPGs of all time for a new generation with technology, modern features and graphics, while staying true to the story and the characters we cherish "

The studio brought together "veterans who worked on great RPGs (...) as well as some of the original Knights of the Old Republic development team."

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
tumblr_mdbdkjefq21qa0b73o1_r1_500.gif

Ok, Who all are working at Aspyr? Former Bioware or any former PS guys?

We getting excited for game not coming out anytime soon and devs are pretty unknown atleast for me.

I would have got excited if some known big studio was working on it.. Right now i will keep my excitement incheck

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Handel

I looked up the studio developing this...it's a studio that basically has only ever done ports. With no gameplay shown and no faith in the developer, this isn't hype.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard of a remake for an originally multiplatform game becoming a timed exclusive for one console.

ReBurn

Gold Member
This is a game that deserves to live forever. Hope it doesn't suck. I've played Aspyre's ports but I've never played an original game from them.

Mixed feelings, glad to see it back in some form but disappointed I won’t be able to play it on Xbox for some time or whenever. Spencer and co knew many Xbox fans loved those games.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I am very interestred in this. loved both games back on xbox. They will have to spruce it up a lot to be a remake so I am not too worried about the game feeling fresh.

Top Bottom