• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic “Reimagining” in the works.

I'd give my left nut for a quality Star Wars game that brings in current era visuals and gameplay but leaves the original feel of the Kotor games intact. I imagine many studios could make a great western RPG based in the Star Wars universe. There is an entire galaxy to use, and a history spanning tens of thousands of years. It wouldn't be a bad idea to leave the 50 BBY - 50 ABE time frame and do something new.

EA and Disney have almost entirely dropped the ball with the franchise and growing the Star Wars universe. Jedi: Fallen Order can be credited to Respawn, but Battlefront 1 and 2 offer nothing new to the franchise. The single player campaign in Battlefront II was laughable, with empty characters, shit-tier AI and a lot of boring or rehashed locations. Dice makes pretty games, but they are not good at single player story driven games. EA/Disney were given the goose that lays golden eggs when Disney bought Star Wars and gave EA sole power over the gaming rights. Then they chopped it's head off and made a few sandwiches out of it. Unfortunately they suck shit at making sandwiches and the goose is dead.

X-Wing Alliance wasn't even an RPG but it had a great storyline following a pilot for a small shipping company through his dealings with the Rebellion on Hoth, to his falling-out with his family and the Empire, to their involvement in the Battle of Endor flying starfighters. Why did a flight sim have a better more fleshed-out story than a modern AAA budget game?

Top Bottom