• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Slammed on Steam Over Performance Issues

RobRSG

That's really strange. I never saw or heard about such a thing. Even on streams/gameplay I watched. Sorry you experienced that!
If you check the community pages on Steam you can spot a dude with a placebo solution and 5 pages around the topic. Not a single patch related to it. Digital Foundry also spotted it.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Slammed! Kapow!!

I would take it more seriously if everything was a dumb hyperbolic click bait title.

VN1X

Banned
OMG! 30 FPS! UNPLAYABLE!

Jesus, PC gamers these days. Back in my day 30fps was the max.
FqTnIFI.png

JayK47

The so called minimum 60 fps is a recent thing. Many games not that long ago were locked at 30fps. I set my card to not go past 60fps and I don't really notice until it gets below 20fps. When I was a piss broke college student I would play games in the 10 to 20 fps range on low settings since I could not afford anything better. I managed just fine. To require all games to be 60 fps or it get's review bombed is beyond entitled. Especially at launch. I am sure within a month the drivers will improve and the performance will improve for everybody.

yamaci17

The so called minimum 60 fps is a recent thing. Many games not that long ago were locked at 30fps. I set my card to not go past 60fps and I don't really notice until it gets below 20fps. When I was a piss broke college student I would play games in the 10 to 20 fps range on low settings since I could not afford anything better. I managed just fine. To require all games to be 60 fps or it get's review bombed is beyond entitled. Especially at launch. I am sure within a month the drivers will improve and the performance will improve for everybody.
you and me brotha. you and me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I do think calling 30fps unplayable is annoying, plenty of people play at 30fps, and anyone who has played games for awhile has played through an entire game at 30 with dips at the veey least. Undesirable, sub-par, lacking in fluidity, unresponsive etc are fine but unplayable is just hyperbole.

Otre

Banned
OMG! 30 FPS! UNPLAYABLE!

Jesus, PC gamers these days. Back in my day 30fps was the max.
Youre the epitome of boomer shit. You cant stay back in your 90's standards with your 21' CRT, 20fps, minutes long loading and atmospheric fog that masked fov. Excusing shit work and clinging to your lost youth dosent benefit anyone.

Rocking a 12700K, 3080 10GB and 32GB RAM. Performance at 1440p, FSR2, no ray tracing and a mixture of epic and high settings is around 60-80fps from the 20 minutes I've played. There were a couple times where the performance hovered between 55-60 at a few points but it quickly recovered.

There are a few stutters in the cutscenes that are annoying but not game breaking and although performance feels like it could be better, I've got to say that for me personally the game doesn't feel broken, it's playable and most importantly I'm having fun with it. I'm very early on so things could change but so far I'm happy.

Kenpachii

Rocking a 12700K, 3080 10GB and 32GB RAM. Performance at 1440p, FSR2, no ray tracing and a mixture of epic and high settings is around 60-80fps from the 20 minutes I've played. There were a couple times where the performance hovered between 55-60 at a few points but it quickly recovered.

There are a few stutters in the cutscenes that are annoying but not game breaking and although performance feels like it could be better, I've got to say that for me personally the game doesn't feel broken, it's playable and most importantly I'm having fun with it. I'm very early on so things could change but so far I'm happy.

cutscene framerate tanking happens on 4090's also.

Captn

With RT off, it should be possible on a RTX 4090 if you are willing to turn down some Epic settings to High.

Depends.. I have a 4090 and a 7950x

No issues here. 4k maxed out on everything with FSR quality and I'm getting between 90 and 120 on average.

Without FSR it's 70-90 on average.

I have to say though that the cpu usage in my case is one of the most used in any games I've played so far on the 7950x.

It's using 30% most of the time as compared to any other titles where as its using about 7-15% usage.

Some stutters here and there for like a fraction of a second and nowhere game breaking for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom