• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Official Story Trailer

jaysius

Banned
I'm reading the Battle Scars novel right now it's canon and it takes place "years before Jedi Survivor", it's got a trans(??? Maybe the thing identifies as a SHE and has a chest "as flat as Cal's" when it has it's shirt off)/lezbo thing going on with Merrin... so yea. There are completely out of place steamy PG-13 lezbo sex scenes that end before the really heavy parts begin. They also try to recreate the "love in a tense situation" Luke/Leia thing with Merrin that char too.

Overall it's a decent quick read, lots of shit dies, there's a frustrating "BUT DUUUR I'M A GOOD JEDI" bit that leads to trouble for the team.

I was worried that it was going to turn into Guardians of the Galaxy with the "quirky" mix they've got there. It's not quite there yet though.

Last edited:

Dazraell

I'm reading the Battle Scars novel right now it's canon and it takes place "years before Jedi Survivor", it's got a trans(??? Maybe the thing identifies as a SHE and has a chest "as flat as Cal's" when it has it's shirt off)/lezbo thing going on with Merrin... so yea. There are completely out of place steamy PG-13 lezbo sex scenes that end before the really heavy parts begin. They also try to recreate the "love in a tense situation" Luke/Leia thing with Merrin that char too.

Overall it's a decent quick read, lots of shit dies, there's a frustrating "BUT DUUUR I'M A GOOD JEDI" bit that leads to trouble for the team.

I was worried that it was going to turn into Guardians of the Galaxy with the "quirky" mix they've got there. It's not quite there yet though.

If it helps, writer of this novel apparently wasn't involved with Survivor's story. She apparently was one of writers for KotOR's Remake though

Last edited:

Dazraell

If it helps, it states ON THE COVER that it's canon and it's Years before Jedi Suvivor.
I would treat it as just a tie-in than anything. And it's not like other medias contradicted these canon novels already in some little forms or another. Battlefront 2 also had a novel that was marketed as a prequel to the game and I don't think anything from it was even referenced in-game

Ahsoka novel is also a good example.
One of the recent animated series - Tales of the Jedi - basically retconned entire novel out, using a very same story and telling it in a much different way

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'm simping hard for this game. Please, EA, don't fuck this up like you always did before...
Look at how they delayed it out of the fiscal year March release that ruined Mass Effect 3, Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem releases.

Vince has a lot more say now over at EA, and this shows that they are willing to delay big games now. At least when it comes to Respawn games. DICE and Bioware might be another story.

CamHostage

Battlefront 2 also had a novel that was marketed as a prequel to the game and I don't think anything from it was even referenced in-game

Yeah, I was surprised that the Battlefront 2 game storyline really didn't have much to do with the book because I thought Battlefront II: Inferno Squad by Christie Golden was a pretty great sci-fi book. (The novel's backstory helped establish the game's generally neglected side characters, but even after reading the book first, I kind of had to flip back and say, "Ok, this game character is supposed to be this one or who...")

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Why the f do we have release dates for trailers? Do they seriously expect people to be hyped for a 3 minute video of an above average souls clone? I wouldn't even be hyped for a from soft trailer unless it was a gameplay reveal of new ip.

Moses85

Sorry, already busy playing RE4 Remake and afterwards ZtotK

Not the smartest move releasing the game in April.

Star-Wars-Jedi-Survivor_2023_03-20-23_001.jpg
Star-Wars-Jedi-Survivor_2023_03-20-23_006.jpg
Star-Wars-Jedi-Survivor_2023_03-20-23_005.jpg
Star-Wars-Jedi-Survivor_2023_03-20-23_004.jpg
Star-Wars-Jedi-Survivor_2023_03-20-23_003.jpg
Star-Wars-Jedi-Survivor_2023_03-20-23_002.jpg

RagnarokIV

Will the lightsaber be a glow-stick baseball bat again? Or will it actually cut through and kill stuff easily - like the deadly weapons they are supposed to be? No interest in giving health bars a beat down. I'll stick to JKII and JKA.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This looks amazing. I've played the first game three times now, I'm definitely in for this one.

SCB3

The first one was my GotY, but I have cooled off Star Wars a lot since then, Mandalorian aside really, not seen Andor yet but heard good things

So I am looking forward to this, I have the PS5 version of the first game downloaded for a replay before hand I think

kingyala

Banned

awesome art direction levels of detail and production quality really top notch but the gameplay comes out shallow, not sure because it has to be friendly to minors or just a design decision... it just feels like its constrained and not free flowing or action packed like assassins creed games or uncharted or maybe ive been spoiled by past ea titles like 007 games on ps2

GymWolf

awesome art direction levels of detail and production quality really top notch but the gameplay comes out shallow, not sure because it has to be friendly to minors or just a design decision... it just feels like its constrained and not free flowing or action packed like assassins creed games or uncharted or maybe ive been spoiled by past ea titles like 007 games on ps2
Naniwhat?

Top Bottom