• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Final Gameplay Trailer

Their best trailer yet, but the animation quality is AA level. Especially that fucking running animation. Game will probably be really good, but that shit really stands out. Also im waiting for PS5 impressions before buying this. First game was a jankfest with many technical issues. Im expecting the same here. Probably a wise choice to pick this up a month or 2 later

Yup ...it's sketchy that they just had this huge preview event and yet not a single youtouber had any ps5 footage of impressions.

Hate how these devs hide console footage behind PC ultra footage.

It's a marketing trick and subtle form of manipulation. When all anyone sees is from the PC then that's the only impression anyone has as to how the consoles will look and run ...which of course won't be the reality.

See, this is what I'm talking about. Devs lie all the time these days.

Whoa! They cranked the graphics to 11! Now it looks proper next gen! (I mean current gen)

Yeah, if you have a 3080ti or better .. why can't these jerks show console footage? They will ....a few days prior to release after everyone has an impression of these graphics in their head.

My complaining isn't about console vs PC or that visuals are the end all be all. It's about being shady and trying to mislead people. These consoles should be capable of running this respectably, so why be sneaky Respawn?

I sense another middling star wars game incoming.

You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal
The last truly classic Star Wars game was what, KOTOR?

Will 100% buy but animations still have zero weight and the main character flails around way too much. It’s like they let someone tweaked as hell play around in a motion capture suit.

I really enjoyed the first game. I haven't been enjoying games so much lately and haven't felt much desire to play. I feel a little bit of a draw to this game but it feels just more of the same. I want something new.

Banned
Spiciest of takes.

I don't see how anyone can defend the game tbh.
I see how people can like it based on the fact that it's a Star Wars game and a cool era in the Star Wars universe, but the game AS A GAME was fucking awful in basically every regard.

Nankatsu

the moment you have to talk about how great the narrative of a game is in order to defend it, while staying vague about the rest, you basically confirm it's a bad game.

The reason I talked about the narrative first it's because it's the best narrative in a Star Wars videogame.

But that doesn't mean it sucks on the other departments. It's a RPG from 20 years ago, of course mechanics are now more tight if you compare to more recent games, but it's still playable from start to finish.

If you don't like the game, that's fine, I respect that. But just don't make it sound like it's the worse RPG in the world, because it isn't.

Last edited:

Banned
The reason I talked about the narrative first it's because it's the best narrative in a Star Wars videogame.

But that doesn't mean it sucks on the other departments. It's a RPG from 20 years ago, of course mechanics are more tight if you compare to more recent games.

If you don't like the game, that's fine, I respect that. But just don't make it sound like it's the worse RPG in the world, because it isn't.

I could compare it to games of the same are and before, and it still would fall flat on its face

Buggy Loop

KOTOR sucks ass. No idea why people ever liked that game.. it's pure Euro jank... made in Canada... Canada jank if you will.

awful animations, awful combat, terrible performance.

also Jedi Knight 2 came out after KOTOR :)

Ah yes, famous Canadian jank such as
Baldur’s Gate II
Mass Effect
Gears of war 4 / 5
Deus ex human revolution/mankind divided
Homeworld series
Don’t starve/Oxygen not included/Mark of the ninja
Assassin’s creed
Celeste
Splinter cell
Darkest dungeon
Cuphead
Eternal darkness
Luigi’s mansion 3
Prince of Persia
Rainbow 6 siege
For Honor
Watch dog
Tunic

T
O
T
A
L

J
A
N
K

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Banned
Ah yes, famous Canadian jank such as
Baldur’s Gate II
Mass Effect
Gears of war 4 / 5
Deus ex human revolution/mankind divided
Homeworld series
Don’t starve/Oxygen not included/Mark of the ninja
Assassin’s creed
Celeste
Splinter cell
Darkest dungeon
Cuphead
Eternal darkness
Luigi’s mansion 3
Prince of Persia
Rainbow 6 siege
For Honor
Watch dog
Tunic

T
O
T
A
L

J
A
N
K

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm not saying that Canadian made games are jank, I made fun of how unpolished and crappy the gameplay was by using the word Euro Jank, a term used to describe european made RPGs that are often extremely unpolished and janky.

the game however is made on canada not europe, so I turned it into Canada Jank.

KOTOR is pure jank, unpolished, and with a bad fighting system.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't see how anyone can defend the game tbh.
I see how people can like it based on the fact that it's a Star Wars game and a cool era in the Star Wars universe, but the game AS A GAME was fucking awful in basically every regard.
Revisionism be wild in 2023.

Top Bottom