• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order next-gen update

onesvenus

EA has pushed an update to improve next-gen versions. You can find the post detailing the update here: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order/amp/news/next-gen-optimization-update

High Level Summary of Features:

Improved framerate on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
Improved dynamic resolution ranges, for a higher resolution experience on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
Improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5. (Not Xbox Series S)

Console Specifics:

Xbox Series S

Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)

Xbox Series X Performance mode

Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p

Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)

Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p

PlayStation 5

Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
Postprocessing increased to 1440p
Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)

e&e

Banned
Now they do this?!! NOW? I’m almost finished with the game 100%! 😕

I enjoyed every last bit on the way though! Just Wow!

Last edited:

TheGejsza

How is this game not running AT LEAST 1440p/60FPS? I played it on PC - 1440p/60FPS on 1070TI + I5-6600k with minor stutters due to my cpu being 4c/4t. 4k/60FPS should be doable on SX and PS5.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Awesome, I’m about 4 hours in to this on my Series S, but had a break for about 2 weeks now.

The Series S was previously running the One S version, and it looked like crap with a crap framerate.

Will test this out later, hoping it looks and performs much better now.

It’s really weird that DRS is turned on in the XS version and off on PS5 especially when it’s 1080p-1440p dynamic with the other basically sitting pretty much smack in the middle of those two values.

Night.Ninja

Banned
This update was disappointing, I was playing the game yesterday and can't say I notice a difference 😐

Edit: the game does look a little sharper, but was expecting a little more

Last edited:
Purchased this on PC during the Epic Store sale for €13. What an amazing game. Did a 100% run on Jedi Knight, and then a 100% Inquisitor run on Grandmaster, definitely worth a playthrough if you haven't yet!

Glad to see EA is still providing support for this game, hope we get some news about a sequel soon.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
EA just announced this on the blog. looks like BC mode, and the XSX can dip down to 1080p, but it has a higher cap than the PS5. DF comparison is gonna be interesting.

Below you will find the release notes for this update, which improves backwards compatibility performance specifically on the latest generation of consoles.

High Level Summary of Features:

• Improved framerate on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved dynamic resolution ranges, for a higher resolution experience on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5. (Not Xbox Series S)

Console Specifics:

Xbox Series S

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)

Xbox Series X Performance mode

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
  • Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p

Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)

• Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
  • Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p

PlayStation 5

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
  • Postprocessing increased to 1440p
  • Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)

Blond

Banned
Great! I’m in the process of playing it right now and I knew the framerate didn’t seem all that smooth, even with the PS5 power.

mejin

Series X has native 4K post-processing as opposed to PS5's 1440p. The X also has a dynamic resolution of 1512p-2160p, while PS5 lost dynamic resolution and is now stable at 1200p. Pretty big advantages imo.
But hey, it’s BC, so it doesn’t count.

yep

cormack12

Gold Member
So does PS5 not have quality/performance modes? I'll be honest, I'm not going to play this again ever as it was too tedious so it doesn't affect me

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've had this game for almost a year and haven't played it yet. Will probably give it a go in the next few months.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The DF comparison is not going to be interesting at all. The results are obvious, the PS5 enhancements are underwhelming and far below what the hardware is capable of.
What if the xsx version spends more of its time in the 1080p range? especially during combat while the PS5 stays at 1200p?

I agree that the PS5 resolution is underwhelming. I am pretty sure i played it at native 4k 60 fps on my pc, but if the xsx has to have dynamic resolution, there is a chance for some fireworks in the DF threads lol

Top Bottom