• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi fallen order is the second best star wars game i have ever played

I couldn't finish it. Derivative gameplay + a bog standard story = meh
As soon as I reached a certain point in the story (when Darth Sister lady reveals that she's Mad TV lady's padawan, which was super obvious from Mad TV lady's dialogue earlier in the game ), I suddenly remembered the game was directed by the guy who directed God of War 3 (aka the worst one) and it all made sense. And then I uninstalled it.

Last edited:
Love the Mando mod for it. Even if it makes no sense.

tenor.gif

Alright

Banned
Nahh. I turned that shit off after 30 minutes of 'playing' and 45 seconds of 'gameplay'.

There was a 3rd person action game on the PC which was a cool game. There was a section where you had to use a plane to tie ropes around a Giant robot dog thing so it would fall over.

It's nice to have another 3D Metroidvania, as those are pretty rare, and the level design is good, but I had a few issues with it.

The combat really feels like Sekiro, but bad. I played on the second hardest difficulty for my first run and it was still pretty easy. But man all the timing and stuff for parries and dodges just felt off, even though I was playing in 60fps. And yes I'm aware difficulty affects timing.

The platforming is alright but pretty bog standard. Doesn't really do anything new or exciting when it could've probably.

Fighting regular enemies is either really annoying or really easy depending on how much Force energy you have. If you have none then good luck juggling fighting multiple enemies with the clunky lock on, usually on a small platform that was designed for the platforming and not combat. If you have a lot then you can just spam force powers and one shot everything. Even tougher enemies are trivial when you get the force ground pound because you can just spam it to keep them knocked down.

The story really wasn't anything great either. It's basically just "get maguffin" "oh wait maguffin will make the Empire chase us, fuck it".

The character growth for Cal was alright I guess? All the other characters were likable and had personality so I guess thats better than the low bar the Disney movies set.

It's like a 7.5 for me. It's solid but not gonna have me doing a replay any time soon. Glad I got it on sale for $13.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I thought it had a good story, and good combat. The traversal was alright. I could do with less slides.

The game honestly is fantastic, well deserved its success and a sequel will come soon
Third best SW game ever for me, only third to clone wars for gc, and Phantom menace ps1 in ex aequo with gameboy's pod racer

Batiman

Banned
It was decent but glitchy as hell. I’m enjoying squadrons right now and would probably rate it higher then fallen order. KOTOR is still the goat.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The Vader thing at the end was kinda cringy. Stop forcing nostalgia moments for people to soy at then the MC takes a light saber to the stomach and walks it off. lol.

It's canon and 90% of the game is good but fuck. I actually liked seeing Forest Whitaker show up over Vader.
I was actually fine with that scene because, like Rogue One or like Mandalorian finale, it helps show you that seeing a Sith Lord or a Jedi Master should give you the same feeling of dread as trying to fight Superman without Kryptonite. They're that rank for a reason and they should be seen as godly to everyone except for seasoned Jedi Knights.

Concern

I liked it till I just didn't and quit. Got kinda bored of it. I may go back to it eventually.

As someone who never played kotor. The first Unleashed game is the best Star Wars game to me.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I lean more towards battlefront games for sure but I know good sw games (shadow of the empire, bounty hunter etc.) I see a good game but I don’t see a aaa game.

trickybiff

Not having played a Star Wars title in years, it was pretty solid. I enjoyed it well enough. Not sure if that was the result of desperation/low expectations, but I was happy with it. I would definitely get a sequel.

Ellery

I still need to play this one. I will probably get EA subscription next weekend and play it on PS5. Does that version come with all the improvements for Next Gen consoles?

Moomalade74

Banned
Got it cheap on PS5. It started well and I was enjoying the first world area but then I ran into the respawn load times. They are long... very long. So I thought 'fuck that' and deleted it.

Amiga

Very dated now, but at the time Shadows of the Empire was great on the N64. it had mix of everything in Star Wars. and the story was an original chapter between movies.

For SWFO2 I would want some non combat areas with NPC interaction. what made KOTOR games great is that you lived in the world and not just fight from one level to the next.

Corgi1985

Banned
Bad game with a boring protagonist and not a single original thing of its own. One of the worst star wars games. At least masters of teras kasi was interesting in how bad it was. Fallen order is just straight boring. AAA only knows how to make 3rd person games with slightly discolored ledges to indicate grabbing and narrow passages to hide loading screens.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Technically impressive but not for me. Didn't have the pre-Disney Star Wars feel either that The Mandalorian was able to recreate.

Kokoloko85

It was oooook. A wasted opportunity in alot of ways For sure.

Combat felt unresponsive and glitchy most the time.
Who wants to fight giant rats and frogs with a lightsaber when you can fight light saber battles. It felt very rushed.

No towns And typical RPG elements.

The last planets and Dathomir were the best easily. Vader was cool but felt somewhat gimmicky.

I enjoyed the puzzles and some of the platforming but overall it could of been way better.
I did like the characters and story though. BD-1 was cool too.

Give me that game with Sekiro like combat and I would of enjoyed it way more.

KOTOR was on another level. Starkiller game and some of the older Star wars games was better. Jedi outcast and Academy too.

Good start but could of been way better, will try the sequel if they improve the combat

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Just beat this two days ago. It was okay. Didn't care for any of the characters and the combat left a bit to be desired.

Whole game is a bit janky.

Patrick S.

Banned
Nahh. I turned that shit off after 30 minutes of 'playing' and 45 seconds of 'gameplay'.

There was a 3rd person action game on the PC which was a cool game. There was a section where you had to use a plane to tie ropes around a Giant robot dog thing so it would fall over.
Shadow of the Empire. Was a system seller for the Nintendo 64, later came to the PC. Awesome game, even moreso with a 3dfx card.

It's pretty awesome. I grew up with the SNES Super series and X-Wing/Dark Forces on PC. To me those are the gold standard. I feel like it is up there in the lineage.

Bonus points for so much original content! There are a few cameos from the main universe but for the most part it is wholly original characters, new aliens, new ships, new lore, etc. Better than any of the new movies. Gameplay was fun and the design and presentation looked gorgeous. When Battlefront came out and there was no first player campaign, that was the dream, something with realistic modern graphics that played like the old 3D games. Something like this wasn't even on anyone's mind during that whole fiasco. Then this came out of nowhere. It rules.

Last edited:

Izumar

Banned
This is the game that showed me how bad the idea of difficulty settings are in a souls type game. Most of the fun of the game was getting good at fighting. Lots of complaints of it being boring playing on lower difficulties and slap fighting the enemies.

The only thing that sucked were the sliding puzzles.

HotPocket69

Banned
I hope they add a blaster pistol or blaster rifle in the sequel and let it act like a cool optional parry like the guns in Bloodborne.

I'm going to give this thread more life because holy shit. I never gave this a go last gen but playing it now on the Series X and it is a great fucking game and looked absolutely gorgeous. My bad Respawn! I should have known after how good Titanfall was you guys were masters of your craft. Amazing work. GamePass is awesome. I may have skipped this forever it it weren't on there.

Neff

I liked it a lot but it needed a little more time in the oven. Tons of potential for an inevitable sequel.

10. Super Return of the Jedi
9. Super Empire Strikes Back
8. Super Star Wars
7. Fallen Order
6. Star Wars Racer Arcade
5. Star Wars (1983)
4. Star Wars Arcade
3. Shadows of the Empire
2. Star Wars Battle Pod
1. Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

Main gameplay loop is Dark Souls with a Star Wars skin with some platforming mixed in. It's an alright game but I don't even think this one is in the top 5 IMO.

Topher

Gold Member
I never felt more like a badass Jedi than I than I did in Jedi Outcast. Fallen Order didn't change that. It was good, but for whatever reason I lost interest in the game half way through.

RAIDEN1

Fallen Order never really tempted me...instead I ended up watching it as a movie on YouTube...:messenger_grinning: if it was more Uncharted and Tomb-Raider esque and less Souls like then I may have jumped in...talking of which I still haven't got round to purchasing Force Unleashed on the Xbox-1, ANOTHER title that would have been awesome to play on the PS5....but then we all KNOW about Sony and backward compatibility

sunnysideup

Banned
I thought it started strong. But became less and less engaging the longer i played. Especially since most of the items you find are useless upgrades.

Garani

People keeps on forgetting SWTOR. Which is a shame: especially the first 50 levels has 6 great stories. After that Bioware kinda lost it: the stories are still good, but not as intriguing as the original opening stories. Plus they didn't bother to have moltiple storylines (one per class), and that's a real shame :(

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Playing Fallen Order right now (thanks EA+Gamepass!) I am thoroughly enjoying it. It really does conjure up feelings of Prince of Persia more so than Uncharted. What with the wall running and slowing enemies down.

Top Bottom