• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Dumbledore's Skeleton Crew

AJUMP23

Gold Member

New series on D+ starring Jude Law and that is about all we know. "Amblin-Style" I don't know what that means.

We already knew Spider-Man: No Way Home director Jon Watts was working on an “Amblin-style” Star Wars series for Disney+. Now we have more details, including a title—Star Wars: Skeleton Crew—and its headlining star: Jude Law.

As reported today from Anaheim, California, by the io9 team attending Star Wars Celebration, Star Wars: Skeleton Crew will be about a seeing the galaxy far, far, away from a new point of view, through the eyes of children—but, important distinction, it is not a kids’ show, even though it stars kids. The story will follow a group of children around 10 years old from a small planet who get lost in the galaxy and are trying to find their way home. Watts explained to the crowd that the series will take place during the same time period as The Mandalorian and the upcoming Ahsoka series.

There was no word on what type of character the versatile Law (Captain Marvel, Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore) will play—hero, villain, parent, Force user, smuggler, fellow lost-in-space traveler?—or much more information about what to expect, but a recent Vanity Fair article packed full of Star Wars updates did note that “the show is being described as a galactic version of classic Amblin coming-of-age adventure films of the ’80s,” so expect some major Steven Spielberg vibes incoming. The series would appear to be Watts’ next focus, especially since he recently left Marvel Studios’ in-the-works Fantastic Four project: according to the Star Wars Celebration announcement, Skeleton Crew films soon and aims to hit Disney+ next year.

Lunarorbit

I don't know about this. Was just watching Jude law in gattaca before the Celtics came on and he's excellent. I'll never be worried about him and the British are usually great in star wars stuff.

Hopefully this avoids the "family" aspect that I find annoying (world War z movie being a prime example of what not to do). I'm counting on Jude Law to be a dick to the kids in this and if he's not then I won't bother.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'll give it a shot but I genuinely hate kid characters. Made Ozark Season 1 tough to get through at times despite being a great show.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
For Amblin, think grand childhood 80's adventure. Goonies, E.T., Batteries Not Included, etc. JJ Abrams tried to ape it with Super 8 as a recent-ish example.

I would love a Star Wars that just told a new story and not be fan wank like the shit Filoni keeps tossing us which just is non stop name drops and fan fiction levels of "everything is connected". If they are gonna do something very different with Star Wars, im for it

I would love a Star Wars that just told a new story and not be fan wank like the shit Filoni keeps tossing us which just is non stop name drops and fan fiction levels of "everything is connected". If they are gonna do something very different with Star Wars, im for it
Superstar and well-loved Kathleen Kennedy recently said she wants to move beyond the whole Skywalker saga and era and move away from any Legacy characters (i.e Han Solo or Mandalorian or whatever) and have a whole new cast.

So you can expect something in a far-flung future or in the far-flung past with everyone's beloved Kathleen Kennedy telling that to everyone and at the helm.

I all know you're excited and how much you love Kathleen Kennedy so that's why I have to continuously bring it up. Did I mention it's Kathleen Kennedy?

Last edited:

sol_bad

I love the Mandalorian show but I also agree with this.

I love the Mandalorian show but I also agree with this.

Mando was great, but it got really small galaxy and felt super fan fictiony when Filoni started to make everything connected. Oh hey Luke Skywalker. Oh everyone apparently knows Ashoka. Hey lets name drop every single thing from the Clone Wars series. I was in love with Mando when it was all new and all separate from the Skywalker lineage

Top Bottom